• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using a Debit Card for Orders: Tips and Tricks for Small Businesses

In summary, if the order is over $100 and the product has a warranty, the customer cannot use their debit card. However, if the order is not over $100 and the product does not have a warranty, the customer can use their debit card.
sburnside
Gold Member
I have a customer who ordered over $100 worth of products and wants to use her debit card. I told her I would add it to a show I have this weekend and then deliver to her. Well, I have 3/4 of the products "in stock" that I would really like to quit storing. In PPP will it accept a $100 charge if what her order totals is not that much? I can get the rest to balance with cash sales, etc. but I would really like to just move some of my extras. Will this work or not? Any other suggestions?

I wouldn't do it. The customer wouldn't have the warranty with the produce and you wouldn't get the full commission on her order.

I dont know! The only thing I can think of is to type it in and see if it will let you...

I'm not at my home computer right now, but I would try entering her payment of $100.00 and then NOT ENTERING other customer's cash/check payments just to make it balance... I'm wondering if PPP would recognize that and let it go through?

Hmm... I dunno... curious though. Let me know what happens!

wadesgirl said:
I wouldn't do it. The customer wouldn't have the warranty with the produce and you wouldn't get the full commission on her order.

Ooooh didn't think about it that way! Yeah, the customer having a valid reciept and commission... two very important things!!!!

You also wouldn't be giving the host all the FPV she should be getting either...

This is an outside order so it wouldn't affect the show at all. I've technically received commission on these "extras" so I'm not worried about that. All the items are ones that wouldn't likely need returned for long-term warranty purposes - Mix n chop, flour/sugar shaker, Quikut knives, etc. I'm thinking I'd be ahead to get rid of my "extras" if debit will go through over the amount of her order. If no one has done this, I guess I will try it and let everyone know if it works.

Just charge her card for the total amount she would have due if you ordered the items through the show. Then on another guest order don't put the payment in as cash or check to make it balance.

But remember like everyone said, she will not have warranty on those products.

I have done this in the past with a host who gives one or her half price items to a friend to use. I just charge the extra amount on the friends order so the show balances.

Hope that helps.

sburnside said:
This is an outside order so it wouldn't affect the show at all. I've technically received commission on these "extras" so I'm not worried about that. All the items are ones that wouldn't likely need returned for long-term warranty purposes - Mix n chop, flour/sugar shaker, Quikut knives, etc. I'm thinking I'd be ahead to get rid of my "extras" if debit will go through over the amount of her order. If no one has done this, I guess I will try it and let everyone know if it works.

You never know though... I would maybe talk to the customer and see what they think.

I still don't know for sure if this is "legal".

1. What forms of payment do you accept?

At Pampered Chef, we accept all major credit cards, including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. We also accept debit cards with a Visa or Mastercard logo, as well as Apple Pay and PayPal for online orders.

2. Is it safe to enter my credit card information on your website?

Yes, our website is encrypted to ensure the security of your personal and credit card information. We also use a secure payment gateway to process all transactions, so you can feel confident that your information is safe with us.

3. Can I save my credit card information for future purchases?

Yes, you have the option to save your credit card information for future purchases when creating an account on our website. This allows for a quicker checkout process for future orders. Your information will be securely stored and can only be accessed with your login credentials.

4. Do you offer any financing options for larger purchases?

At this time, we do not offer financing options for purchases made through Pampered Chef. However, we do accept most major credit cards, which may offer their own financing options. We also have a layaway program available for qualifying purchases.

5. Can I use multiple credit cards for one purchase?

Unfortunately, we are not able to split payments between multiple credit cards for one purchase. However, you can use a combination of credit card and PayPal or Apple Pay for online orders, or you can use multiple forms of payment for orders placed through our customer service department.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
gina119
  • cwinter474
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies