• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Multiple Orders on One Credit Card?

In summary, John's host told him that the show was on hold because the credit card was declined. The host works at a bank, checked his account while John was on the phone with him and said the money was there, and he seemed very embarrassed that his card did not go through.
ChefTS
Wasn't sure if this is the right place to ask about this, but oh well! :D

I started PC in September, and have had several shows where I wind up closing the show out with the host over the phone several days after the show. My director always has guests write their checks out to the host, and the host gives one check to her; so that's how I've been trying to do it.

Except, all of my hosts have been putting it on their debit/credit card instead, because it's easier and I can submit the show faster than if they were to mail a check.

So, my last show was put on hold because (according to the first 2 people I spoke with at H.O.) the credit card was declined. The host works at a bank, checked his account while I was on the phone with him and said the money was there, and he seemed very embarrassed that his card did not go through.

I just talked to someone again at H.O., and she said that the show was on hold because hosts are only allowed to pay for one guests' order with their credit card. She re-ran his card and said that she would let this show go through, but that in the future shows where it is all on the hosts' credit card will be put on hold.

Has this happened to anyone else? It was just odd to me that it only happened on this show, since I've done many other shows with higher sales (this one was only $400) all on one card and not had a problem.

I just looked this up in Recipe for Success and it does say what the last person at H.O. told me. I guess I am just wondering why they decided to "crack down" on this now, and why the other two people didn't tell me that?

Does anybody else have any experience with this? I guess I'll just have to start asking for checks from my hosts (or try to get everyone at the show to start paying with credit cards). It was just so much quicker not to have to wait for a check to arrive and clear.

I know that the recipe for success says not to, but i've always had the hostess pay for the outstanding ones and never had a problem, but then I enter her number for each guest instead of one big charge on her order. haven't had one show stop up for that reason. but I have had problems with debit cards and maybe that was the problem with this one?

I had it happen twice becausethe second time I had forgotten. But the RFS does say that no, the entire show can not be charged on one credit card by the host. So even if it slides once in a while, they can still put the entire show on hold depending on who processes the order. So... It is like roulette!

John is correct, the ENTIRE show can not go on one cc. But I have had shows where some guests pay with cash or their own CC, then the host puts the checks and hers on her CC, one big overpayment, and they've been fine. It's probably getting stopped if you show no other payments than that one.

I usually do one big overpayment for the hosts order and outside orders and have never had a problem.

Even thought I know it is technically against the rules, I have also put a handful of shows all on one card and they have always gone through. Luck of the draw, I guess.

I have a host who wants to pay for an outside order with her card b/c the person paid her in cash. Then a different guest added on to her order after the show & the host wanted to put the difference on her card, as well as her own order. I was able to put the host's name & cc info for the outside order. But the other guest had already paid with a cc (I think she & her mom put their order together b/c this person was a past host), but PP wouldn't let me put more than one card in. So I just didn't put it as being paid & then when I put in the host's cc info, I put the amount paid as her order plus this add on for the guest. So it shows overpayment. It let me balance the show ok, so will this be ok? I really don't want the show to have to go on hold because of an extra $47 for the add on. RFS says that two orders are allowed to be paid for with the same cc, so the outside order should be fine. I'm just not sure about the add on. Has anyone else had this problem?

Sorry so long--hard to explain (& probably harder to understand!!)

I've done this a couple times and it's just fine. I've put the outside orders on the host's credit card in the customer payment area but recently I've just put the one amount $300 for example on the host's order of $140. The extra $160 was orders she collected after the show and instead of putting the number in numerous times (and in one case one guest had ordered like yours already with a CC and wanted to add - PP wouldn't let me put in a second CC #). It worked just fine. The guest's screen shows an amount outstanding but the whole show is balanced and THAT'S what PC cares about.

So go ahead, it'll work just fine and won't be put on hold. ;) :)

Thanks! I was hoping that would be the case! It's just never happened before, so I didn't know. I've had A LOT of people paying by cc now, so I'm sure it's bound to come up again! I'd rather do that though, less trips to the bank & I don't have to wait for the mail to send in a show!

1) Can I place multiple orders on one credit card?

Yes, you can place multiple orders on one credit card through our website or by calling our customer service hotline.

2) Is there a limit to the number of orders I can place on one credit card?

There is no limit to the number of orders you can place on one credit card. However, please keep in mind that your credit card company may have a limit on the total amount you can charge in a day.

3) Will I receive multiple charges on my credit card for each order?

No, you will only see one charge on your credit card for the total amount of all your orders combined.

4) Can I use a different credit card for each order?

Yes, you can use a different credit card for each order if you prefer. Simply enter the new credit card information during checkout for each order.

5) Can I make changes to my orders after they have been placed on one credit card?

Yes, you can make changes to your orders as long as they have not been processed for shipment. Please contact our customer service team for assistance with any changes you need to make.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • chef131doreen
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Rosechef
Replies