• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Credit Card Dilemma: Can I Call HO?

In summary, the customer put in the old number and it was declined. P3 can tell if the number isn't valid and the customer is still on hold.
ChefMary412
I have a customer who gave me an old credit card number, so it was declined. I checked with her and she told me to put the number in again, so I tried it and then... she realized that it was the old number.

Can I call HO to change it, since it will be declined again in a day or so? I just want things to be shipped and my sell-a-thon to be okay!

Yep, you can call and let them know. They should know by now that it didn't go through a second time.

thanks, I am on hold now. busy night

You can know immediately when you put it in again from HO. I called the next day after I put in a declined card but was told by the person there that I could call within a half hour and they would know! I have had that happen when I copied down the wrong expiration date once. The new P3 will let you know immediately if the number is invalid. I had that happen when I copied a 3 for an 8 (or it may have been vice versa) on a Show. When I finally reached the guest, she read me the number and P3 took it immediately!

P# took it, but then she told me it was the wrong number???
Oh well, I just want a real person on the other end to verify that it is all okay. Still on hold... I got hung up on :(

P3 can tell if it isn't a legitimate number. I think each set of numbers has a different meaning. What it can't do is tell you whether that card is still active, over limit, etc.

raebates said:
P3 can tell if it isn't a legitimate number. I think each set of numbers has a different meaning. What it can't do is tell you whether that card is still active, over limit, etc.

Yep, that's what P3 can do. The first 6 digits of a Visa or MC number determine what bank owns that card (all 4s are Visas, 5s are MCs; 6011 is Discover and AMEX are 15 digit account numbers, usually starting with a 3 or a 5). At the bank I work at (and probably most others) the next 4 numbers have to do with what kind of card it is (points, cash rewards, etc), and the rest is to make the card an individual number. Not every combination is used, there is some kind of a logarighmic formula that determines which numbers are used and which aren't. If a card has expired, or the customer lost the card and it was replaced with a new number, the pattern would still be correct, but P3 would have no way of knowing that card is no longer in use.

Hi there! I completely understand your dilemma and want to help you resolve this issue as quickly and smoothly as possible. In this situation, I would recommend calling HO and explaining the situation to them. They may be able to assist you in updating the credit card information so that the order can go through and your sell-a-thon can continue without any hiccups. It's always best to be proactive and communicate any issues with HO so they can help you find a solution. I hope everything works out and your customer receives their order without any further delays. Best of luck!

1. Can I call HO to pay for my Pampered Chef order with a credit card?

Yes, you can call HO (Home Office) to pay for your Pampered Chef order with a credit card. Simply provide your credit card information to the representative over the phone and your payment will be processed.

2. Is there a fee for using a credit card to pay for my Pampered Chef order?

No, there is no additional fee for using a credit card to pay for your Pampered Chef order. The total amount on your order will remain the same regardless of the payment method.

3. Can I save my credit card information for future Pampered Chef orders?

Unfortunately, Pampered Chef does not offer the option to save credit card information for future orders. Each time you place an order, you will need to provide your credit card information again.

4. Are all credit cards accepted for Pampered Chef orders?

Pampered Chef accepts all major credit cards, including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. We also accept debit cards with a Visa or Mastercard logo.

5. Can I use multiple credit cards to pay for my Pampered Chef order?

At this time, Pampered Chef only allows one credit card to be used for each order. If you wish to split your payment between multiple credit cards, you will need to place separate orders.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chef131doreen
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Rosechef
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • chefheidi2003
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies