• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Upping Catalog Show Success: Tips for Getting Hosts Excited & Turning In Orders

In summary, the conversation was about how to increase success with catalog shows and keep hosts motivated. Suggestions included offering spiffs, keeping in touch with hosts, setting specific closing dates, and promoting popular products to guests. It was also mentioned that sometimes hosts may not follow through with their shows, but all one can do is their best and try to motivate them. Overall, the key seems to be finding the right formula and motivating hosts to promote and sell popular products to their guests.
Do you book a lot of catalog show? If so how do you get them excited and keep them going to turn them in. I had 5 catalog hosts this month and only 1 will be turning it in. Any ideas on how to up the success of these?

I offer spiffs for my catalog hosts and keep in touch with them - which I've been known to NOT do sometimes. I always tell them up front that we close on "x" day, but if that day isn't possible, then we have to close by "x". And I try to make the first day at least 2 weeks after the start of the show, and the second day no less than 4 days before month end so I'll get everything in before the last day. So far, it seems to be working. I'll attach the items I send out with my catalog shows to see if it'll help you or not. Best of luck!!!

Ok - I have 2 other files that are in Excel, but it won't let me upload them. I'll try to convert or re-do, but in the meantime, if you want to see them, just email me and I'll send it that-a-way!

Attachments

• catalogshowplanner.doc
    49.5 KB · Views: 352
  • catalog opening letter.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 362
Mine are flaking on me as well.

I am going to try to keep in better contact with them and take what orders they have once a week.Then they have to turn it in because people want their orders. I still have a catty show out from Feb. she keeps saying she will close, but never does. She did mention that her guests are upset that they don't have their products yet. I told her that she only has until Monday of next week, want to have the money in hand, because fall items will no longer be available and IN's sales tax goes up April 1st.

All you can do is your best. Some peope who do catalog shows do them because they don't feel obligated to follow through. Just keep a smile on your face and deep breathe. If they try to cancel...make sure they know what they are missing out on!

Mine are either AWESOME or horrible. I haven't figured out the formula yet but I had 2 last month cancel but have one to turn in on Monday and she is at $500. I think it is all in motivating your hosts... and in some cases we need to give them the words to use to get the orders... I don't know what those are but the awesome shows I have had the hosts knew what the great products were that their friends would love... the horrible shows were people not familiar with PC so maybe they couldn't tell thier friends... you HAVE to have THIS product. I don't know if that helps or not but if you know the host isn't familiar with PC give her the "basics" that everyone HAS to have like the food chopper or whatever your favorite prod is.

My SIL did a catty and put a note on it that said... my new favorite product is the Mix-n-Chop on p.?? Check it out! Every order had at least 1 on it... and she didn't talk to these people... just left the catty laying around. Maybe you put a little note on the front to "Check out the ??? on page ??? it's great for ???" Make sure it is a good priced item though and not something cheap - she is putting the food chopper on for her next new fav!! :)

hperschnick said:
Mine are either AWESOME or horrible. I haven't figured out the formula yet but I had 2 last month cancel but have one to turn in on Monday and she is at $500. I think it is all in motivating your hosts... and in some cases we need to give them the words to use to get the orders... I don't know what those are but the awesome shows I have had the hosts knew what the great products were that their friends would love... the horrible shows were people not familiar with PC so maybe they couldn't tell thier friends... you HAVE to have THIS product. I don't know if that helps or not but if you know the host isn't familiar with PC give her the "basics" that everyone HAS to have like the food chopper or whatever your favorite prod is.

My SIL did a catty and put a note on it that said... my new favorite product is the Mix-n-Chop on p.?? Check it out! Every order had at least 1 on it... and she didn't talk to these people... just left the catty laying around. Maybe you put a little note on the front to "Check out the ??? on page ??? it's great for ???" Make sure it is a good priced item though and not something cheap - she is putting the food chopper on for her next new fav!! :)

Heather - what a GREAT idea! Why has no one thought of this before? I will start suggesting this to my hosts - maybe even give them some ideas......This is the best thing I've heard for Catalog Show sales in a LONG time!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I call them once a week and e-mail them weekly with an update on what host benefits they've earned so far. I also let them know how far they are from the next level's benefits. The last week of the catalog show, I e-mail a daily update. I used to not do this, and my catalog shows were $150-$300. Now they are closing at $600 or more.

The best Catalog Show that I have had was hosted by a close friend who originally wanted to do a Cooking Show but with with her having 5 boys and each in a different sport or activity we really couldn't find a time. She passed around the Catty Show packet while she was sitting at the various practices and ended up with a $700 show just from the sports moms! Her reasoning is that the mom's are all sitting around waiting for practice to be over...they are all bored....and they all have their checkbooks! :D On another note, with a few bombed catty shows that I have had, I realized that I just assumed that the host knew what to do, i.e. keep the catalogs moving along in the office with stickers, email friends and follow up with people. I'm trying to work on my host coaching and I'm realizing that not everyone is like my friend.:) I think people have a hard time following up with others...they don't want to seem pushy. Sound familiar to anyone?:rolleyes: I know that I need to work on this too....:)

Heather, I love the sticker with the favorite product on it idea! :)

Related to Upping Catalog Show Success: Tips for Getting Hosts Excited & Turning In Orders

1. How can I get my hosts excited about hosting a Pampered Chef catalog show?

One way to get your hosts excited is by explaining the benefits of hosting a catalog show, such as earning free products and discounts. You can also showcase some of our top-selling products and share success stories from other hosts.

2. What are some tips for increasing catalog show orders?

One tip is to offer incentives for placing larger orders, such as free shipping or a special gift. Additionally, providing detailed product descriptions and photos in the catalog can help customers make informed purchasing decisions.

3. How can I encourage hosts to reach out to their network for orders?

Providing hosts with sample messages and social media graphics can make it easier for them to promote their catalog show to their friends and family. You can also offer them a referral bonus for every person they invite who places an order.

4. What should I do if a host is not turning in many orders?

First, try to understand the reason for the low number of orders. Is the host not promoting the show enough? Are they having trouble collecting orders from their network? Once you identify the issue, offer solutions such as providing them with additional marketing materials or offering to collect orders from their guests directly.

5. How can I make the ordering process easier for hosts and guests?

One way to make ordering easier is by providing a digital catalog or online ordering option. This allows guests to browse and order products at their convenience. You can also offer to handle the order entry and payment process for hosts and their guests to save them time and effort.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • melaniehay22
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
melaniehay22
  • msmileyface