• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Catalog Show Success: Tips for Following Up with Hosts

In summary, Julie offers some helpful advice for catalog show hosts. She suggests offering a reward for 12 or more orders, checking in with them frequently, and reminding them of the show's closing date.
lockhartkitchen
In the past I don't follow up with catalog hosts and they end up fizzling out or low sales. I really need some suggestions/time lines of ways to "check in" with these hosts, etc. I have 6 catalog shows for January and I want to see them all be very successful. I need double points!

Maybe offer them a reward for 12 or more orders... like a free gift... I would up the bar a little so that they really try to make it to 12 orders... add the flyer to the host package and then you can follow up with a have you earned your awsome free gift reward yet? You can also offer something if they close their show at $300 or more within 10 days or something like that...

That's a good idea. I put 15 order forms in. I also am really explaining the use of the web site to invite out of town/state friends/family. It opens their show up to more people.

Julie - I edited my comment to include a little more, the last bit popped into my head and I went back in to type it but you replyed before then.... oppps ... sorry

I like that phrase "Have you earned your awsome free reward yet?" How often do you check in with them? In the past, I'll check in and they haven't even started. I'm going to call before Christmas to answer any questions they may have. Go over the host rewards, suggestions for using the website for evites, etc. And important- remind them of the closing date. I thought I'd have them email me when they have 10 orders- for a free gift (I'd do something small).

I also go to my website, go to "Order Products" and get the direct link to their Show to send their friends. It has increased the use of my website for orders a lot due to doing that! It's so much easier than telling them to click 3-5 places!My last two Catalog Hosts, I checked in every week until the week before. They were closing on Tuesday, 9th, and Wednesday,10th, so I emailed them on the 2nd & 3rd and asked how many orders they had. Then again on the 5th & 6th. Whatever they told me, I told them they were doing great! One lady actually started getting orders on her Show on the 20th of November as soon as I sent her the email. She closed at $300. The other lady closed at a little over $500! Both have rebooked for February!

I give catalog show hosts three weeks to collect orders (sometimes less if I want to close their show before the end of the month). I talk up my website a lot and how they can send it to their out of town family and friends. I also offer a free gift if they give me 5 orders within a week of starting their catalog show. I usually tell them if they call me within a week but I follow up with them on the 7th day just in case. This helps me to know that they are working their catalog shows. I follow up the next week but still encourage them to call or email me when they get their orders. They usually get really excited about having to let me know they have orders. When ever they communicate with me or I call them, I let them know where their show is at, how much until the next level and the benefits that they get for that next level. I never tell them the current benefits because I don't want them to give up. I've had a few successful catalog shows by doing it this way. One thing is your catalog shows do depend on how much effort your host puts into it. They are great insurance on top of regular cooking shows but you cannot rely on them too much.

Great ideas ladies! Thank you. I'm going to use the suggestions. I'll let you all know how it works for me. I have 4 catalog shows I want to close by the 15th of Jan.

lockhartkitchen said:
In the past I don't follow up with catalog hosts and they end up fizzling out or low sales. I really need some suggestions/time lines of ways to "check in" with these hosts, etc. I have 6 catalog shows for January and I want to see them all be very successful. I need double points!

I too have catalog shows going that I don't want to see fizzle out! I was wondering if anyone had a "host information" check sheet (like the one that's downloadable) but geared towards catalog show hosts?
It has ... FIRST CALL DATE_____... etc. etc. etc.

It has a lot of stuff that doesn't apply to catalog shows!!!

thanks in advance!

1. What are some tips for hosting a successful catalog show?

There are a few key things to keep in mind when hosting a catalog show. First, make sure to send out invitations early and follow up with attendees to confirm their attendance. Second, encourage guests to bring a friend or two to increase the attendance and potential sales. Third, offer incentives for guests who bring orders or book their own show. Fourth, have a variety of products on display and offer cooking demonstrations to keep guests engaged. And finally, make sure to follow up with guests after the show to thank them and offer any additional assistance.

2. How can I increase sales for my catalog show?

One great way to increase sales is to take advantage of our host rewards program. Encourage guests to book their own show to earn free and discounted products. Additionally, offering a raffle or prize drawing can incentivize guests to place larger orders. Finally, make sure to showcase the versatility and quality of our products through cooking demonstrations and sample dishes.

3. What should I include in my catalog show invitations?

When sending out invitations, it's important to include the date, time, and location of the show, as well as any special instructions or requests (such as bringing a friend or RSVPing). You should also include a brief introduction of Pampered Chef and the products that will be featured. Consider including a special offer or incentive for guests who attend or place an order.

4. Can I customize the catalog show to fit a specific theme or occasion?

Absolutely! We offer a variety of themed catalogs and products that can be tailored to fit your specific event or occasion. Whether it's a bridal shower, holiday party, or girls' night, we have products and recipes to make your catalog show a success. Our consultants can also work with you to create a customized menu and demonstration to fit your theme.

5. How can I make the ordering process easier for my guests?

One way to make ordering easier is to provide guests with a catalog show order form that includes all the products and prices. This allows them to easily browse and select items to purchase. You can also offer online ordering options for those who may not be able to attend the show. Additionally, make sure to have plenty of order forms and pens available during the show to make the process smooth and efficient.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • alidafrizzell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lesliec