• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ugghhh, Another Broken Stone W/ Handles!

In summary, a lot of people are having problems with their round stone with handles cracking. Some people have had to replace them, some have not. PC is investigating what might be causing the problem.
heat123
Silver Member
I got another call yesterday from a past host-guest whose round stone with handles broke in half! This is the 7th stone of the 13 I have sold since it's premiering!:eek: That's just horrible odds! :(
Anyone else have this problem with Soo many!???

I am having the same problem, but with just ONE guest. She is on her 4th stone in about 10-11 months. Apparently, she says it's happening while in the oven??? I dunno. I use mine all the time and have never had any problems with it (knock on wood!!!).

My mom's stone broke in half in the oven. It was the very first time she used it too!
She had a catalog party for me and had almost $600 in sales. I sold 3 stones with handles.......I hope hers is the only one that it happens too........

Round Stone w/ Handles - Cracking

Yeah, I started a thread about this a while back. I think maybe there was just a bad batch of them! I haven't had any complaints within the month...

bsaxman said:
Round Stone w/ Handles - Cracking

Yeah, I started a thread about this a while back. I think maybe there was just a bad batch of them! I haven't had any complaints within the month...
I hope that's the case cause I'd hate for there to be more from the 13 I have sold so far!:grumpy:

I have had 3 in the past few months.

I had one replaced today...but it was from a Feb show.

Mine has not cracked and I think I've had 2-3 of them crack. I've sold lots of them, so I don't see a pattern.

I"ve sold quite a few. Out of all those, plus the one I had, only mine has cracked....at least that they've told me about.:)

Wow, this is really surprising! I have sold a lot and as of yet have not had any complaints..I got mine through the sell a thon back then and have not had a prob w/ mine either...

Maybe it was the earlier batches, since no one is having problems lately? The latest one to call bought theirs in Feb and the others were earlier or around that time as well.

Yes, I had ALOT in february also

Wow! I baby my stone w/handles when I take it to shows because I am so afraid that I am going to break the handles in transit. I guess I should be more worried about putting it in the oven!

I must have gotten one of the good ones- I've not had any problems and use it several times each month. Sorry you are having this happen!

Well, mine hasn't broken yet either (knock on wood) but maybe because I have only used it 2 times or so! It's my show stone so I use my old large round stone at home! :)

I have even taken mine to shows and have not had any problems. I believe I've sold about 4 of them. So far no one has had any issues. I have had more trouble with Triffle bowls arriving broken.

They just must have had a bad batch or something. Bummer!

My neice's just cracked, in the oven about 2 weeks ago. I think her's was from the end of last year.

I've had to have a number of the stones with handles replaced. I recently had a guest call me after her second one broke (she replaced it with a small saute pan). When I visited with the customer service rep at PC, she indicated that they had been replacing a number of these stones (more than others) and were looking into what might be causing it.

I just had a customer call today. Hers broke in half in the oven!

pc_cindy said:
I've had to have a number of the stones with handles replaced. I recently had a guest call me after her second one broke (she replaced it with a small saute pan). When I visited with the customer service rep at PC, she indicated that they had been replacing a number of these stones (more than others) and were looking into what might be causing it.
I'm glad HO is doing some research on this problem!:eek:

I got an email today, a past host/guest had hers break into 6 peices while making pizza in the oven. She bought hers in February too.
I have replaced quite a few of these, however I haven't really kept track of how many I have replaced vs how many are purchased. But I think there are more good ones than bad.
I hope.

I just ordered one in mid May for myself. I had it not even two days and was using it for the second time in the oven, and I heard a loud noise in the oven.....there was my stone in three pieces with my pizza all over the place!! I didn't know what happened. I am glad I am not the only one. Well, when I was looking at the broken stone, I notice a white piece of something that was in the middle of the stone. I thought it was styrofoam at first that was baked in there, but it was hard. I don't know if that had something to do with it breaking in the oven, but hopefully PC will figure out the problem. I got a replacement, but I am so worried it is going to happen again. Let's hope not.

I've had to replace two from the same guest about a month apart. The last time she asked if I'd trade her my flat stone for it. I did. She hasn't broken that one yet.

I just can't believe HO has made a big deal about SOME of the new metal pans discoloring and putting a stop sell on them so quickly. What about these stones? I have had 6 of them break (mostly from Sept - Nov shows) and the last 2 customers didn't want another one, they just got the regular large round stone and ordered a rack. One customer had 2 break. With all the posts I have seen about the stone with handles, I think the fact that they are breaking so frequently is worse than a little discoloration on the metal pans. Not sure what their reasoning is. Fortunately, they have been very good about the returns.

1. What is "Ugghhh, Another Broken Stone W/ Handles!"?

"Ugghhh, Another Broken Stone W/ Handles!" is a versatile kitchen tool from Pampered Chef that can be used for crushing, grinding, and blending ingredients. It is made of durable stoneware and has ergonomically designed handles for easy use.

2. How do I use "Ugghhh, Another Broken Stone W/ Handles!"?

To use "Ugghhh, Another Broken Stone W/ Handles!", simply place ingredients inside the bowl and use the handles to crush or grind them. You can also use it as a mortar and pestle for grinding spices. It can also be used for mixing and blending wet ingredients.

3. Is "Ugghhh, Another Broken Stone W/ Handles!" dishwasher safe?

Yes, "Ugghhh, Another Broken Stone W/ Handles!" is dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash it with warm soapy water to prolong its lifespan.

4. Can I use "Ugghhh, Another Broken Stone W/ Handles!" in the oven?

No, "Ugghhh, Another Broken Stone W/ Handles!" is not oven-safe. It is only meant to be used for crushing, grinding, and mixing ingredients, not for cooking or baking.

5. How do I clean "Ugghhh, Another Broken Stone W/ Handles!"?

Cleaning "Ugghhh, Another Broken Stone W/ Handles!" is easy. Simply rinse it with warm water and use a brush to remove any residue. You can also soak it in warm soapy water for tougher stains. Make sure to dry it completely before storing it away.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefZee
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Chef Gilles
  • Juddel
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • dancedivine