• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lg Stone W/Handles...broken, Again

In summary, my customer got her stone in Sept., of 07. In July of 08 it had to be replaced and now the replacement is being replaced. She really wanted to exchange it for a lg stone w/o handles, but try as I might the solution center would not do it..... I know it was over a year, but my host is worried she will have to get this new one replaced sometime in the future! I have lost count of how many stoned I've had to replace and of course I do all the mailing for my customers. It is actually getting rather frustrating to have to send the stone (or a part of it back) each time. Anyone else lost count of their exchanges???
byrd1956
Gold Member
My customer got her stone in Sept., of 07. In July of 08 it had to be replaced and now the replacement is being replaced. She really wanted to exchange it for a lg stone w/o handles, but try as I might the solution center would not do it..... I know it was over a year, but my host is worried she will have to get this new one replaced sometime in the future! I have lost count of how many stoned I've had to replace and of course I do all the mailing for my customers. It is actually getting rather frustrating to have to send the stone (or a part of it back) each time. Anyone else lost count of their exchanges???

I do NOT like and don't use the large stone with handles. I've heard of soooooo many problems with people having to do exchanges for their customers......I've only had to do a couple. Honestly, it's probably because I just don't promote that stone!

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I have a related question.

Years ago, when frozen rising crust pizza just came out, we told people not to use the large round stone to bake them. Because the outside of the crust was frozen more solid than the inside. I never buy them, I prefer thin crust pizza. But now I'm wondering if you all use that same advice. I talk about thermal shock, but it has been years since I thought about the rising crust pizzas. Especially with the thinner stone now.

We make the frozen rising crust pizzas all the time on the small stone with handles and haven't had a problem, and before I got that I used the lg stone w/handles and didn't have a problem. I usually put the pizza on the stone while the oven is heating and then put it in when it comes to temp and it's fine...

I think it's time for HO to step up to this issue with the stones with handles--every time you talk to them about returning them (and I have returned at least 10 since they came out), they act like it's a big surprise and practically blame the host because it wasn't covered 2/3 of the way, yada yada....we never had this problem until the stones had handles....

Wow, I just saw this thread. I'm a new consultant and my neighbor had her large stone w/handles break right in front of her eyes! They weren't even making pizza either! They were heating chicken nuggets or patties. They opened the oven door to take it out and she said the stone started shaking and then split into 3 large pieces, right before here eyes. She said it was like an earthquake with the ground splitting open.

Nanisu said:
I think it's time for HO to step up to this issue with the stones with handles--every time you talk to them about returning them (and I have returned at least 10 since they came out), they act like it's a big surprise and practically blame the host because it wasn't covered 2/3 of the way, yada yada....we never had this problem until the stones had handles....

Here here! I Totally agree!:eek:

Hello there,I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble you and your customer have been having with the large stone with handles. It's definitely frustrating to have to go through multiple replacements, and I can understand your customer's concern about the potential for future issues.I would recommend reaching out to our solution center again and explaining the situation in detail. It's possible that they may be able to make an exception and allow for an exchange for the large stone without handles. Additionally, I would also suggest looking into our warranty policy to see if there are any options for extended coverage or replacements beyond the one-year mark.I completely understand how important it is to provide quality products to our customers, and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you need any further assistance.Best regards,

1. Why does my Large Stone with Handles keep breaking?

There could be several reasons why your Large Stone with Handles keeps breaking. It could be due to temperature shock, improper handling, or defects in the stone itself. It is important to follow the care and use instructions provided with the stone to prevent any potential damage.

2. Can I still use my broken Large Stone with Handles?

No, it is not recommended to use a broken Large Stone with Handles. This can affect the cooking performance and potentially be a safety hazard. It is best to replace the stone to ensure safe and effective cooking.

3. How do I properly clean and care for my Large Stone with Handles?

To clean your Large Stone with Handles, allow it to cool completely before washing it with warm water and mild soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials that can damage the stone. It is also important to avoid extreme temperature changes, such as placing a hot stone in cold water, as this can cause it to crack. Always handle the stone with care to prevent any potential damage.

4. Can I use my Large Stone with Handles in the dishwasher?

No, it is not recommended to put your Large Stone with Handles in the dishwasher. The high heat and harsh detergents used in dishwashers can damage the stone and affect its cooking performance. Hand washing is the best way to clean and care for your stone.

5. How can I prevent my Large Stone with Handles from breaking?

To prevent your Large Stone with Handles from breaking, always follow the care and use instructions provided. Avoid sudden temperature changes and handle the stone with care. It is also important to check for any defects in the stone before using it. If you notice any cracks or other damage, it is best to replace the stone to prevent any potential accidents.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bsaxman
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
  • kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
clshirk
  • Intrepid_Chef