1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: LG Stone w/Handles...broken, again

1. byrd1956

byrd1956 Senior Member Gold Member

My customer got her stone in Sept., of 07. In July of 08 it had to be replaced and now the replacement is being replaced. She really wanted to exchange it for a lg stone w/o handles, but try as I might the solution center would not do it..... I know it was over a year, but my host is worried she will have to get this new one replaced sometime in the future! I have lost count of how many stoned I've had to replace and of course I do all the mailing for my customers. It is actually getting rather frustrating to have to send the stone (or a part of it back) each time. Anyone else lost count of their exchanges???

Apr 28, 2009
  2. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

I do NOT like and don't use the large stone with handles. I've heard of soooooo many problems with people having to do exchanges for their customers......I've only had to do a couple. Honestly, it's probably because I just don't promote that stone!

Apr 28, 2009
  3. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I have a related question.

Years ago, when frozen rising crust pizza just came out, we told people not to use the large round stone to bake them. Because the outside of the crust was frozen more solid than the inside. I never buy them, I prefer thin crust pizza. But now I'm wondering if you all use that same advice. I talk about thermal shock, but it has been years since I thought about the rising crust pizzas. Especially with the thinner stone now.

4. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

We make the frozen rising crust pizzas all the time on the small stone with handles and haven't had a problem, and before I got that I used the lg stone w/handles and didn't have a problem. I usually put the pizza on the stone while the oven is heating and then put it in when it comes to temp and it's fine...

Apr 29, 2009
  5. Nanisu

Nanisu Veteran Member Gold Member

I think it's time for HO to step up to this issue with the stones with handles--every time you talk to them about returning them (and I have returned at least 10 since they came out), they act like it's a big surprise and practically blame the host because it wasn't covered 2/3 of the way, yada yada....we never had this problem until the stones had handles....

Apr 29, 2009
  6. kristina16marie

kristina16marie Advanced Member Gold Member

Wow, I just saw this thread. I'm a new consultant and my neighbor had her large stone w/handles break right in front of her eyes! They weren't even making pizza either! They were heating chicken nuggets or patties. They opened the oven door to take it out and she said the stone started shaking and then split into 3 large pieces, right before here eyes. She said it was like an earthquake with the ground splitting open.

7. heat123

heat123 Legend Member Silver Member

Here here! I Totally agree!:eek:

Apr 29, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted