• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Choosing My Bonus Stoneware: Round Stone with Handles Dilemma

In summary, Ginger's situation is NOT the norm. Some small apartments might have smaller ranges (24" is a typical small size). Standard ranges are 30" and have a pretty standard oven in them (affected mostly by the amount of insulation around the box). You can add an oven size check to your host coaching, so that you don't plan to use a stone that won't fit. And I recommend the large stone.
Lindsay
Gold Member
I'd like to get your input.
I earned the new consultant bonus of 2 pieces of stoneware of my choice (yay!). I do have a bit of a dilemma though. I already have nearly all the stoneware. I think I am going to get another DCB so I'll have both colors and because I think they are super useful. For my second piece :eek:I am tempted to get another mini-loaf pan for my holiday baking. However, I don't have any round stones as my large one broke (and it was black I tell you! - such a bummer). The thing is, I don't really like the look of the round stone with handles, but part of me says that I should go with that one for show purposes.
Please tell me what you think of them. Obviously I have enough other pieces that I can certainly get along without it, but I know it would prevent me from doing a few things like braided wreaths. :eek:

We have had our LRS with handles over a year with no problem! We use it for everything from pizzas to bread rings to calzones! I think it is really super-useful!

Love mine. Don't be afraid of it. It's so easy to get in and out of the oven. I think you'll wind up hooked on it sooner than you think.

I would go ahead and pick the large round stone with handles to take to shows.

Okay, thanks. Would you go with the large round stone, or the medium? It seems to me that there might be issues with the large fitting into smaller ovens.

I've got a friend with a pretty small oven, and it fits in hers without a problem. The medium one would be lighter to carry to shows, though.

Lindsay said:
Okay, thanks. Would you go with the large round stone, or the medium? It seems to me that there might be issues with the large fitting into smaller ovens.

My stove in my house is a 20in. (I know, don't ask) It has the 4 burners & no other space on top. I cannot get the large w/handles in it. Mine without the handles are fine! Also If I'm using the large bar pan, I have to put a chair in front to keep it closed. I bring both to my shows & have had no problems with them in NORMAL stoves/ovens...HTH :rolleyes:

Ginger428 said:
My stove in my house is a 20in. (I know, don't ask) It has the 4 burners & no other space on top. I cannot get the large w/handles in it. Mine without the handles are fine! Also If I'm using the large bar pan, I have to put a chair in front to keep it closed. I bring both to my shows & have had no problems with them in NORMAL stoves/ovens...HTH :rolleyes:

Right that would be a challenge!
I just liked my old round stone so much I think I'm a little incensed that they changed it, but I can definitely see how the handles help.

Ginger's situation is NOT the norm. (And that must totally stink, Ginger. ugh... So sorry you have to put up with a "toy" oven.) Some small apartments might have smaller ranges (24" is a typical small size). Standard ranges are 30" and have a pretty standard oven in them (affected mostly by the amount of insulation around the box). You can add an oven size check to your host coaching, so that you don't plan to use a stone that won't fit. And I recommend the large stone. Like I tell my customers: you can, within reason, put less on a large stone, but you can't put more on the smaller one.

chefann said:
Ginger's situation is NOT the norm. (And that must totally stink, Ginger. ugh... So sorry you have to put up with a "toy" oven.) Some small apartments might have smaller ranges (24" is a typical small size). Standard ranges are 30" and have a pretty standard oven in them (affected mostly by the amount of insulation around the box). You can add an oven size check to your host coaching, so that you don't plan to use a stone that won't fit. And I recommend the large stone. Like I tell my customers: you can, within reason, put less on a large stone, but you can't put more on the smaller one.

The people that owned the house before us were both Doctors, so I think they could care less about a big kitchen. Also when we bought it, I was working 6-7 days a week 10-12 hours a day, so DH said I don't need a bigger one...:rolleyes: To try to put in a normal stove would be a big job!! SO I manage....;)

What is the Round Stone With Handles used for?

The Round Stone With Handles is a versatile and durable baking stone that can be used for a variety of dishes such as pizza, bread, cookies, and more. It evenly distributes heat for a crispy crust and is perfect for baking, reheating, and serving.

How do I clean the Round Stone With Handles?

Cleaning the Round Stone With Handles is easy. Simply scrape off any excess food with a plastic scraper or brush, and then wipe with a damp cloth or rinse with hot water. Do not use soap or detergent as it can be absorbed into the stone and affect the taste of your food.

Can the Round Stone With Handles be used in the dishwasher?

No, it is not recommended to put the Round Stone With Handles in the dishwasher as it can damage the stone and affect its performance. Hand washing is the preferred method of cleaning.

How do I prevent the Round Stone With Handles from sticking?

To prevent sticking, it is important to season the stone before each use. This can be done by lightly coating the surface with cooking oil or seasoning spray. You can also sprinkle some flour or cornmeal on the stone before placing your food on it.

Can the Round Stone With Handles be used in the oven and on the grill?

Yes, the Round Stone With Handles is safe to use in both the oven and on the grill. It can withstand temperatures up to 500°F, making it perfect for all your baking needs. Just make sure to follow the proper preheating instructions before using on the grill.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dancedivine
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Michelle817
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • ChefZee