• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Large Round Stone W/Out Handles Vs. Large Round Stone W/ Handles?

round with the handles in a small box. I just can't find a good way to store it with the handles. Makes it easy when I need to grab it for a show though!
dancedivine
Hey, guys!

I bought the large round stone w/ handles for the sole purpose of making various rings/braids/etc. But, now I am worried after reading all the horror stories about that particular stone. (I haven't even taken mine out of the box yet.) So, should I go ahead and order the flat round stone before it gets discontinued? Have people had similar problems with that stone? Or, can I make the various rings on a flat rectangular stone?

Thanks for the input! :)

I use my large bar pan the most...any "ring" can be made into a "braid" and done on the LBP!

I have also heard the horror stories about the one w/handles, but my guess is that it was probably a bad batch. Personally, I have had no problems with mine, and you know how it is, out of the thousands that have been sold, you are more likely to hear the negative stories than the positive ones. So I'd go ahead and use yours, and if it breaks (which is more unlikely than not), you can always get it replaced.

And like Kelly said the bar pan will work too. So I'd get a different stone only if you want one, and then choose what you think you'll use the most.

If you just got the round for those specific recipes, then you'll probably use it as often at a show as at home. If only because of that, I'd skip the handleless one. You don't want to show something that guests can't get.

chefann said:
If you just got the round for those specific recipes, then you'll probably use it as often at a show as at home. If only because of that, I'd skip the handleless one. You don't want to show something that guests can't get.

Exactly. :thumbup::thumbup:

chefann said:

Actually, I'm more concerned about cooking at home.... I just don't want to have my stone with handles break on me!

If it breaks, you can return it. As many times as it breaks, you can return it. Maybe it'll be just fine. You really don't know. If you love the look of the one w/ handles and you already have it, just keep it and see what happens. I personally wouldn't take it to shows for fear of it breaking there (plus I'd be worried that during transportation something would bump it wrong or put pressure on the handles and then they'd break or something)...but that's just because of fear that what has happened to others would happen to me. For shows, I would take the bar pan, cause like Kelly said, every recipe can be changed to work in a bar pan. And I agree with Ann that you don't want to be using something they can't buy. The bar pan is so much more versatile, so at shows that's what I sell the most of-- because that's what I take with me.

I've had mine since it came out and have had no problems with it.

Don't "they" also say that if a stone is going to break, it's going to break after the first few uses? So if you use it a bunch, then isn't it probably going to be okay? I don't know, I just thought I've heard others say that. Anyone have this particular stone break other than in the first few uses?

wadesgirl said:
I've had mine since it came out and have had no problems with it.

Me too. It is the one stone though that I store in it's original box. I just can't figure out a good way to store it with the handles. Makes it easy when I need to grab it for a show though!

I love mine without handles, so much so that I bought another one "just in case".

I'm sad to see the lg. round go. I have 2 that have served me so well for the last 10 years. I hope they never break. But I've decided not to buy a "just in case" replacement. Since I don't take items that people can't buy, I won't be taking them to shows and thus they have less chance to break.

ChefBeckyD said:
Me too. It is the one stone though that I store in it's original box. I just can't figure out a good way to store it with the handles. Makes it easy when I need to grab it for a show though!

Until I started taking it to my shows, I stored my between my fridge and the cupboard above it. Just enough room for the handles to fit. It is a little ackward to store.

So, for personal use (not for shows) - do you guys prefer the large stone without the handles? It sounds like that one might be little more reliable. If that's the case, I think I might order one for myself before they discontinue it! :)

I prefer the one WITH the handles FOR SURE!!!!

I love my large round with handles. Haven't had a bit of trouble with it.

I have the stone with handles and I LOVE it. It just makes it so much easier to insert and remove from the oven.

Same here. I still have mine from when they originally came out. Never a problem and yes I do carry it to shows and yes I do use it a lot at home. I want to say that I heard somewhere along the line that approximately 1% of all new stones will break. And they usually break within the first 10 uses. A stone can still break after that if you goof when you use it of course. (Never use foil packets on them even if you put the foil packet on a cold stone! The uneven heating of the foil will allow the stone to crack!) I broke my Bar Pan that way! AND remember too that what breaks it for one person may not for another.

I have no problem storing it right where I store the one without handles. It really doesn't take that much more space. I do take it to shows. I put a cookware protector across the bottom so there's padding when the bag touches a floor. I also usually take the round woven and have both in the pocket of my consultant bag so that probably protects it too. I am on the first one I got - I agree that there might have just been a bad batch. Another theory about so many broken is that people might be allowing the stone to touch the side of the oven which cold cause that problem too.

You do not want to buy something people can't buy. If you already had it you could say "they've added handles to this stone now" but if you have to buy one why not get the one we'll still carry? Remember, our samples are deductable.

I absolutely prefer the one with handles! I store mine in the original box, and have not had any problems with it cracking. The handles make it so much easier to get in & out of the oven.

What is the difference between the Large Round Stone with and without handles?

The Large Round Stone with handles has convenient handles on the sides for easy transport and handling, while the Large Round Stone without handles is flat and can be used with a pizza peel for transferring to and from the oven.

Can the Large Round Stone with handles be used in the oven?

Yes, the Large Round Stone with handles is oven-safe and can be used for baking, roasting, and broiling.

What are the dimensions of the Large Round Stone with and without handles?

The Large Round Stone with handles measures 15 inches in diameter, while the Large Round Stone without handles measures 16 inches in diameter.

Which one is easier to clean?

The Large Round Stone with handles is easier to clean as the handles make it easier to maneuver and wash. However, both stones are dishwasher safe for convenience.

Can the Large Round Stone with and without handles be used on the grill?

Yes, both stones can be used on the grill for cooking pizzas, vegetables, and other dishes. However, be sure to follow the recommended temperature and usage guidelines provided by Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • pckelly