• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Large Round Stone or Bar Pan for the Artichoke Dip?

In summary, Ann suggests baking the dip in a mini Baker, and serving it with sliced baguette instead of bread on the bar pan. Amanda loves the bar pan more than any other stone, so she substitutes it often.
babywings76
Gold Member
I'm trying to decide which to use at my show Tues. night, the bar pan or my round stone with the metal rack? I don't have the stone with handles. When I made it at my open house, it felt cramped on the round stone. And the metal rack doesn't look that pretty compared to the stone w/ handles. I'm thinking of just doing it on the bar pan so I can talk about how great and versatile the bar pan is. Then I can say how I just love the new round stone w/ handles and can't wait to earn one, but in the meantime I love how I can do anything on the bar pan. What do you think?

Sounds good to me. Good to hear you finding ways to make due, and let them know
they can help you "earn it", with their orders..

I did the dip on the bar pan this evening. I like the idea of not having to worry about the bread falling off the side, and I use my bar pan the most (so it's easiest for me to sell).

Also, an improvisation. We couldn't find sourdough bread, so we took an uncut loaf of Italian bread and dug out the middle. It was oval shaped but looked really cool and different.

Another thing you can do if you can't find the round loaves (or you just want to save some money) is to bake the dip in the Mini Baker, and serve it with sliced baguette. It's a LOT less expensive - grocery stores around here have baguettes (pre-sliced, even) for $1.

chefann said:
Another thing you can do if you can't find the round loaves (or you just want to save some money) is to bake the dip in the Mini Baker, and serve it with sliced baguette. It's a LOT less expensive - grocery stores around here have baguettes (pre-sliced, even) for $1.

Great idea!

Amanda...I love the bar pan more than any other stone, so I substitute it all the time!

Ann....that is a WONDERFUL idea and a great $$ saver!

I can't take credit for the idea. I either read it here, or it was shared by a Director I know. I can't honestly remember where I heard it.

Hi there! In my experience, both the large round stone and bar pan are great for making the Artichoke Dip. However, if you feel like the round stone with metal rack may be a bit cramped, I would suggest using the bar pan instead. It's a versatile and convenient option that will allow you to showcase the amazing features of the bar pan and its ability to cook a variety of dishes. Plus, you can always mention your excitement for the new round stone with handles and how it will be a great addition to your collection. Ultimately, the most important thing is that you feel confident and comfortable using whichever pan you choose. Best of luck at your show!

1. What is the difference between the Large Round Stone and the Bar Pan for the Artichoke Dip?

The Large Round Stone and Bar Pan are both great options for making Artichoke Dip, but they have some key differences. The Large Round Stone is made of natural stoneware and has a larger surface area, making it perfect for baking larger portions of dip. The Bar Pan is made of metal and has a non-stick coating, making it easier to clean. It also has a lip around the edge to catch any drips.

2. Can I use the Bar Pan instead of the Large Round Stone for making Artichoke Dip?

Yes, you can definitely use the Bar Pan instead of the Large Round Stone for making Artichoke Dip. Both are oven-safe and will produce delicious results. Just keep in mind that the Large Round Stone may take slightly longer to heat up and cook the dip due to its stoneware material.

3. Do I need to season the Large Round Stone or Bar Pan before using it for the Artichoke Dip?

No, you do not need to season either the Large Round Stone or Bar Pan before using it for Artichoke Dip. The stoneware and non-stick coating are both ready to use and do not require any additional preparation.

4. How do I clean the Large Round Stone or Bar Pan after making Artichoke Dip?

The Large Round Stone and Bar Pan are both dishwasher-safe, making clean-up a breeze. If you prefer to hand wash, use warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Avoid using metal utensils on the stoneware to prevent scratching.

5. Can I use the Large Round Stone or Bar Pan for anything other than Artichoke Dip?

Yes, both the Large Round Stone and Bar Pan are versatile kitchen tools that can be used for a variety of dishes. The Large Round Stone is great for baking pizzas, cookies, and other savory or sweet treats. The Bar Pan is perfect for roasting vegetables, making sheet pan dinners, and even baking cakes. Get creative and see what other delicious recipes you can make with these products!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vhadley
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Gypsy Rose