• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Round Stone with Handles: Pros and Cons for Cooking and Storage

In summary, the round stone with handles is better than the stone with the rack. It is easier to store.
urbnk8
For those of you that have the round stone with handles, do you like it better than the stone with the rack? Is it harder to store? I have the old one that I use all the time. I am debating if I should keep the stone with handles I have or give it to someone for Christmas. I know it would be handy to have two, but I could probably get by for a while.

Just curious if anybody finds the handles on the stone a pain at all...

I have the round stone with handles, and love it. I have a deep, narrow cupboard where I store my cookie sheets and certain stoneware pieces and my cutting boards... I don't find it hard to store. I don't own the rack for my rectangle stone, but I've used it at other people's homes, and I found it cumbersome...

HTH. :) PS, I used my round stone with handles to make spritz cookies the other night and they turned out really good! :)

I love the new round stone with handles! I completely dislike the racks, what a pain. I do wish that the handles were a little higher. I feel like I can't pick it up with my hot pads or I might get burned by the oven racks, so I have to use my Oven Mitt. I am adapting a bit so I'm not as afraid as I was at first.

I absolutely LOVE the round stone with handles! :balloon:

I like it, but I don't take it to shows with me. It's not as easy to pack and I' afraid that I'll break one of the handles. I store it on top of the flat one in my oven (when not in use of course!)

I take it to shows, and I haven't broken it, yet. People love it, and no one ever buys the large round stone and rack. I've sold many Large Round Stones with Handles.

Love it!!! Been selling it like crazy, too.

I really like mine - and I sell quite a few of them. It is the one stone that I keep in it's box though - it's easier to transport that way.

I use it mainly for shows - I still use my round one with the rack at home - just for the convenience of always having one ready to go to shows, and always having one ready to use at home. I need to do the same thing with the DCB now!

I am old school when it comes to the round stones....I definitely prefer the large stone and rack. I find it much easier to store, and I like that the rack can flip over and become a serving stand.

Looks like I'm in the minority, though!

I like the one with handles. Storing the rack and finding it is a pain.

I've had one customer order the old style since the handles came out. Everyone else has ordered the new one.

And, the new one looks better on the woven round.
For me, it was either
1) Stick my thumb in the edge of whatever was on the flat round stone as I put it in the woven server, or
2) Put the flat round stone in the woven server with the wire rack, which just looks silly.

All very good points!!

I'm another for the one with handles! LOVE IT! :) Use it at home & at shows & people are loving it, too!

I as well as my guests are LOVING the stone with handles! Keep yours and start using it at shows... they sell themselves!

I bought both racks back in the day and never use either when we use the 2 flat round stones. I actually gave the rack to my brother recently.

I love the handles on the new stone!

I love the new stone. I didn't mind using the racks, but it was a pain to store both plus the stones. My cabinet that has the flat stones in it is pretty much packed, so I store my handled one in the old storage racks on a buffet table in my office. It is so much easier to get stuff in & out of the oven with it!

I purchased the stone with handles at 50% off on the sample packages order and sold my large round stone and rack for $15! I was so glad to get rid of it! I think it was the one that came in my kit and I hardly ever used it. I cannot wait to see if they come out with the other flat stones with handles in the spring!

I've been selling lots of both styles actually. I have people that like the handles being on there and those that think it would be harder to store so they get the old style with the rack.

I personally don't even have the new one - I just point out the picture in the catalog and ask which one they'd prefer. I hope they keep the traditional one around as I think it might be about 60% to 40% in my sales with the old style winning out...

I am sure they are both great - it is just personal preference and nice to have a choice.

I like the new one, except for the fact that my first one broke, in the oven, at a show. Got my new one and it's fine, so far.

What is the "Round Stone With Handles" used for?

The "Round Stone With Handles" is a versatile baking tool that can be used for making a variety of dishes such as pizza, cookies, bread, and more. It is also great for reheating leftovers or cooking frozen foods.

Is the "Round Stone With Handles" safe to use in the oven?

Yes, the "Round Stone With Handles" is safe to use in the oven. It is made from natural stoneware and can withstand high temperatures without cracking or breaking.

How do I clean and care for the "Round Stone With Handles"?

To clean the "Round Stone With Handles", simply wash it with warm water and mild soap. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or metal utensils on the stone as it can damage the surface. It is also recommended to season the stone before use and to avoid sudden changes in temperature to prevent cracking.

Can the "Round Stone With Handles" be used on a grill?

Yes, the "Round Stone With Handles" can be used on a grill. However, it is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and avoid placing the stone directly over high heat to prevent cracking.

Can I use the "Round Stone With Handles" in the microwave?

No, the "Round Stone With Handles" is not recommended for use in the microwave. It is designed for use in the oven or grill only.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • dancedivine