• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help!!! Large Pizza Stone With Handles Exploded in Oven!!!

In summary, as a new consultant, you have encountered a situation where a customer's pizza stone has exploded while in use. While this is not a common occurrence, it is important to reach out to Home Office for a solution or replacement. You can also offer to host a show for the customer to help her earn a new stone or other products. It is important to handle the situation with honesty and remind customers to follow care instructions for the product. This one incident should not deter you from promoting the high quality and versatility of Pampered Chef products to others.
slapsappyhappy
Silver Member
Hello,I am having a problem with the large pizza stone with handles. I ordered it from my show back in November before I became a consultant as a part of the pizza party gift set. I gave it as a Christmas present and the stone had arrived cracked. I called HO and they sent a replacement.Now the replacement was in the oven cooking at 375 and it exploded while my friend was cooking dinner. This is a really good friend/customer of mine, who is hosting a big show for me in 2 weeks. What am I supposed to tell her? She LOVES all the other stones and pretty much every PC product but how do I handle this situation? This is her second one already! I don't think she will want another one... what happens now? I thought they fixed this problem... I am a new consultant and do not know what I am supposed to say b/c I believe that our products are awesome but not if they are exploding in ovens. Then it makes me anxious that if this one has a problem maybe others do too and I just haven't discovered it. I am very nervous b/c I do not want to tell people not to buy it but I am really scared of getting yelled at and being embarrassed by future hosts soooo HELP!!!! :confused:

I'm sorry to hear that your friend's pizza stone has exploded. This is definitely not something we want our customers to experience, and it's important that you contact Home Office as soon as possible.The best thing to do is to call Home Office and explain the situation to them. They should be able to provide you with a solution or a replacement. It's important to let them know that this is the second time this has happened, so they can investigate further and make sure this does not happen again.In the meantime, you might want to suggest to your friend that she uses another type of stone in the oven. You can also let her know that Home Office is looking into the issue and that they are committed to providing the best quality products.I hope this helps!

First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues with the pizza stone. I can understand your concern and frustration as a new consultant. However, it is important to remember that these types of situations do happen with any product, and it is not a reflection of the quality of the entire Pampered Chef brand.In this situation, I would recommend reaching out to HO again and explaining the situation. They may be able to offer a replacement or a credit for your friend/customer. You can also offer to host a show for your friend to help her earn a new stone or any other products she may want.When speaking with your other customers or hosts, you can mention that you have had a couple of instances of stones breaking, but assure them that it is not a common occurrence and that HO is always willing to work with customers to resolve any issues.It is also important to remind your customers to follow the care instructions for the stone, such as not preheating it in a hot oven, and not using it under a broiler or on a stovetop. This will help prevent any accidents from happening in the future.Overall, it is important to handle the situation with honesty and understanding. Customers appreciate when a consultant is transparent and willing to work with them to find a solution. Keep promoting the high quality and versatility of Pampered Chef products, and this one situation should not deter you from sharing the brand with others.

1. What should I do if my large pizza stone with handles exploded in the oven?

If your pizza stone has exploded in the oven, the first thing you should do is turn off the oven and let it cool down. Once it is safe to handle, carefully remove any remaining pieces of the stone from the oven and dispose of them properly.

2. Is it safe to continue using my oven after a pizza stone has exploded?

Yes, it is safe to continue using your oven after a pizza stone has exploded. However, it is important to thoroughly clean the oven and remove any remaining pieces of the stone before using it again.

3. How can I prevent my pizza stone from exploding in the oven?

To prevent your pizza stone from exploding in the oven, make sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions for use and care. It is also important to never place a cold pizza stone into a hot oven, as this can cause it to crack or explode. Always preheat the stone in the oven before using it.

4. Can I still use my pizza stone if it has small cracks on it?

Small cracks on a pizza stone are common and do not necessarily mean that it is unusable. However, it is important to monitor the cracks and make sure they do not get larger or affect the performance of the stone. If the cracks become too large, it is best to replace the pizza stone.

5. How do I properly care for my pizza stone to prevent it from exploding?

To properly care for your pizza stone and prevent it from exploding, always make sure to clean it thoroughly after each use. Avoid using soap, as it can seep into the pores of the stone and affect its performance. Instead, use hot water and a scraper or brush to remove any stuck-on food. Also, never place a cold pizza stone into a hot oven, as this can cause it to crack or explode.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KayPT
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Curlyone
  • chefjaclyn
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
Replies