• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

The Benefits of Promotional Catalog Totes: Share Your Experiences!

In summary, the tote is large and versatile and can be used for a variety of purposes. It has been useful in promoting the business, garnering leads, and selling products.
My tote did it again! Last week I had two bookings. Yesterday I was at the gym and I'm booking another one! The secret is following through and talking about the business. This lady said I love PC, but haven't seen it in awhile." I told her about the great host specials in January (hint: I'm booking Jan.) and the great recipe choices I'm offering. Would you prefer chicken or beef for your power cooking show? I'm assuming they'll book and setting it up in my conversation that way. Buy it if you haven't already. I've been using it before the "big hype" about it and have seen great success with it.

I just got the Catalog Tote in my supply order this month...
I started carrying it yesterday ... today at Kohls the checkout person asked me about it and asked for a catty! :) I was carrying it less than 24 hours and have a contact from it! :)

I haven't had any luck with it yet... I was using it as my purse since I got it about a month ago but I have found it's a little too deep for using it as a purse. For me anyway... So I carry it along with my purse when I go shopping but other then that I leave it in my car... I plan to buy one for my new recruit. How she decides to use it is up to her. :)

I bought my tote in March and have had some small orders placed from it. Well that all changed today. I was rear-ended on Tuesday and the rear bumper to my 94 Altima cracked. The other person's insurance had me take my car to the shop today and had a rental agency pick me up and help me get a replacement car for the next few days. So the girl from the rental agency shows up and goes to the desk. The clerk points me out and the girl comes over. "hello I'm Stefanie." I said hello and stood up. "Are you doing a show for them or do you sell it?' (me completely out of pc mode) 'for who?' She says 'Pampered Chef, My mom loves PC and her consultant moved and she just lives half hour away. I live away from home this semester and could really use some stuff for my apartment. Can I order some stuff for people for Christmas? Let me call my mom". She excuses herself outside to make the call. I'm all stunned and like 'umm yes i sell pc'. She comes back in and says that her mom wants me to call b/c she needs to have a show before the holiday and that she wants some information about becoming a consultant so they will have someone local as her friends used to have shows every other month or so. The daughter wants to book before Christmas also so that all her friends can get good stuff for their mom's for Christmas. And please send the consultant info to her as well so that she can think about it as it seems like a fun thing to do.

So leads are everywhere especially when you least expect them :)

I'm debating on the catalog tote...For one thing, I haven't received any chatter from my logo wear. I'm also concerned about the practicality of carrying something so large as a purse. I like having pockets and what not to keep things organized in my bag.

I think I might just tell myself I only have to carry it for 1 month, if I don't get any leads, I'll go back to my old (perfect and super cute) purse. For $15, it can't hurt, right?

get_cooking said:
I'm debating on the catalog tote...For one thing, I haven't received any chatter from my logo wear. I'm also concerned about the practicality of carrying something so large as a purse. I like having pockets and what not to keep things organized in my bag.

I think I might just tell myself I only have to carry it for 1 month, if I don't get any leads, I'll go back to my old (perfect and super cute) purse. For $15, it can't hurt, right?

I wear logo things all the time and the tote has gotten my way more attention than the shirts ever have. Try it. It won't work if you leave it in the car though. :p

chefmoseley said:
I bought my tote in March and have had some small orders placed from it. Well that all changed today. I was rear-ended on Tuesday and the rear bumper to my 94 Altima cracked. The other person's insurance had me take my car to the shop today and had a rental agency pick me up and help me get a replacement car for the next few days. So the girl from the rental agency shows up and goes to the desk. The clerk points me out and the girl comes over. "hello I'm Stefanie." I said hello and stood up. "Are you doing a show for them or do you sell it?' (me completely out of pc mode) 'for who?' She says 'Pampered Chef, My mom loves PC and her consultant moved and she just lives half hour away. I live away from home this semester and could really use some stuff for my apartment. Can I order some stuff for people for Christmas? Let me call my mom". She excuses herself outside to make the call. I'm all stunned and like 'umm yes i sell pc'. She comes back in and says that her mom wants me to call b/c she needs to have a show before the holiday and that she wants some information about becoming a consultant so they will have someone local as her friends used to have shows every other month or so. The daughter wants to book before Christmas also so that all her friends can get good stuff for their mom's for Christmas. And please send the consultant info to her as well so that she can think about it as it seems like a fun thing to do.

So leads are everywhere especially when you least expect them :)

Sorry about being rear-ended the other day but what a wow to get 2 possible recruits and some parties out of it! I am sure you were blown away today and not thinking of is my catalog tote showing the right way. Isn't it something when someone catches us off guard about selling PC? It's happened to me a couple of times and you feel foolish about not realizing what they are talking about at the time. Good luck with booking those parties and possible recruits! If this all comes through you know have a good story of how the catalog tote is a neccesity when you are out and about!!:chef:

chefshawna said:
Well, I think there can be a point where you take things too far, like handing a catalog to everyone you meet. But, I do carry mine everywhere and if someone asks a question or comments, I then ask them if they would like one and get their info. I think you can carry it without being pushy. It has really been a help to my business!!

I totally agree.

For those concerned about organizing the inside, you could get something like the Purseket to keep it organized. I have one of them for my bag now and it's fantastic - easy to switch between bags and keep everything organized together. I know there are a couple of different companies that make them, but I've liked the purseket one that I have.

I know after reading this thread, I'm buying one! I hope it holds up well. I had purchased the little pink purse from Merrill only a month and a half ago, and the handle is already almost ripped off!!! I was so mad when I saw that. The handle seem was popping along the seam, but then yesterday I noticed it was actually RIPPED and coming off. I could fix the seam but I can't fix the rip. I don't treat it rough or anything, just an ordinary handbag. SO hopefully this catalog tote recoups my cost by helping me get some bookings and orders when I'm out and about. :)

So I love the catalog tote idea:) However, I have just ordered one from a custom catalog tote company. The lady who does these is amazing! You get to pick the fabric and what you want embroidered, fringe, etc... Here is the link to the company: TRN Designs - Handbags, gifts
Happy Shopping!!

I carry mine all the time as a purse and had the strangest conversation with a lady from my church the other night. When I got up she said "I THOUGHT that was knives on your purse". She seemed to think that was so very strange. The PC realization didn't really change her perception, but I told her they were awesome knives anyway! LOL

I'm also having a custom bag made! Here's the seller:

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5684869&section_id=5396174

Mine doubles as a diaper bag and she's been great - I picked the size, dimensions, what kind of pockets inside, and the fabric. It should be here soon! :)

I am hoping that mine will be here soon as well:)

Don't know for everyone else, but my catalog tote is on back order and is not expected to arrive until December. Just a heads up to others planning on ordering it soon!

koima said:
I'm also having a custom bag made! Here's the seller:

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5684869&section_id=5396174

Mine doubles as a diaper bag and she's been great - I picked the size, dimensions, what kind of pockets inside, and the fabric. It should be here soon! :)

LOVE!! LOVE!! LOVE!! Her bags.... what deminsions did you give her. I must have one....

Plan on emailing her tonight...

Thanks

<h2>1. Who has the catalog tote?</h2><p>Many Pampered Chef consultants have the catalog tote as it is a popular marketing tool for promoting our business. It is a great way to showcase our products and services to potential customers.</p><h2>2. Do you use it all the time?</h2><p>It depends on the individual consultant and their specific marketing strategies. Some consultants may use the catalog tote frequently, while others may only use it for special events or occasions.</p><h2>3. Have you gotten leads from it?</h2><p>Yes, the catalog tote can be an effective way to generate leads for our business. By having a physical catalog and product samples readily available, it can pique the interest of potential customers and lead to future sales.</p><h2>4. Do you always keep a current catalog in them?</h2><p>It is recommended to always keep a current catalog in the tote, as it showcases the latest products and promotions. However, it is also a good idea to have some past catalogs available to showcase discontinued products or special offers that may still be available.</p><h2>5. Any and all opinions on these potentially wonderful marketing materials please!!!!</h2><p>The catalog tote is a valuable marketing tool for Pampered Chef consultants. It allows us to easily promote our business and products to potential customers in a professional and organized manner. It is also a great conversation starter and can lead to new leads and sales. Overall, it is a worthwhile investment for any consultant looking to expand their business and reach a wider audience.</p>

1. Who has the catalog tote?

Many Pampered Chef consultants have the catalog tote as it is a popular marketing tool for promoting our business. It is a great way to showcase our products and services to potential customers.

2. Do you use it all the time?

It depends on the individual consultant and their specific marketing strategies. Some consultants may use the catalog tote frequently, while others may only use it for special events or occasions.

3. Have you gotten leads from it?

Yes, the catalog tote can be an effective way to generate leads for our business. By having a physical catalog and product samples readily available, it can pique the interest of potential customers and lead to future sales.

4. Do you always keep a current catalog in them?

It is recommended to always keep a current catalog in the tote, as it showcases the latest products and promotions. However, it is also a good idea to have some past catalogs available to showcase discontinued products or special offers that may still be available.

5. Any and all opinions on these potentially wonderful marketing materials please!!!!

The catalog tote is a valuable marketing tool for Pampered Chef consultants. It allows us to easily promote our business and products to potential customers in a professional and organized manner. It is also a great conversation starter and can lead to new leads and sales. Overall, it is a worthwhile investment for any consultant looking to expand their business and reach a wider audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShelbyMichalek
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
veden
  • pcmealswithme
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
csnteacher
  • chefheidi2003