• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Think My Catalog Tote Just Paid for Itself!

In summary, the different experiences people had with the catalog tote depended on the store they were in. One store had a positive experience with the tote and the other had a negative experience.
ShelbyMichalek
I was at the maternity clothing store to use a gift card my mom got me for Christmas. After I'd paid and was putting my wallet back in my purse (catalog tote) the clerk goes "Oh! I love Pampered Chef, do you have another one of those? [referring to the catalog] I have a long list!" :eek:

I gave her a mini, which has a sticky note on the front to collect name, phone, & email.

We scheduled a time for me to call her on Wednesday about booking a show. She's interested in the end of January sometime! I'm SO excited. This is just what I need to break out of my small circle and get myself started here in Nebraska! She seemed SO excited, which makes me happy. Before I left I said "well between now and then [Wednesday] go ahead and make a list of people you might like to invite to your show" and she goes "I'm already making a list in my mind!" LOL

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's the FIRST TIME anyone has been that excited to see my catalog tote!

Keep us posted on how it goes! It is exciting to hear how just carrying a bag helps your business.

WooHoo! Way to go Shelby!!!

Fantastic!! I have never had anyone ask me about PC when I have either my catalog tote or PC purse. My sister made me a purse (really really cute....) and I think I will have to get some kind of pin to hang on it, but then i think about all the times I've carried or worn identifiable PC things w/no one showing an interest and I think maybe it is not worth it.... I hope it continues to go great for you!

byrd1956 said:
Fantastic!! I have never had anyone ask me about PC when I have either my catalog tote or PC purse. My sister made me a purse (really really cute....) and I think I will have to get some kind of pin to hang on it, but then i think about all the times I've carried or worn identifiable PC things w/no one showing an interest and I think maybe it is not worth it.... I hope it continues to go great for you!

I've had my catalog tote (and have carried it as my only purse) for about a year now. This is the first time someone has shown such significant interest in it. I think it helped that I was feeling very confident and was already talking to the clerk with a friendly conversation. I believe it helped a lot.

Congrats Shelby!! :) I use mine as a pseudo purse also and no one has ever said anything (other than my co-workers).

:eek: I think I'm on a roll!! A lady from a local moms group I joined on facebook commented after I introduced myself and mentioned I'm with PC and said she wants to schedule a show!
Who wants to have a friendly bet on how many shows I get scheduled this week (before Friday) not including these two by just doing 3-2-1 between now and then. (I'm doing a booking blitz on Friday)

I'm thinking 5.

That is great Shelby! :) Pass some of your mo-jo down this way!! LOL

Yup, 5 is a good number! ;)

Good for you Shelby! Keep that momentum going!:sing::sing:

I had a quite different experience with the catalog tote. I went into a local store and the cashier saw my tote. "I love Pampered Chef! Do you have a catalog I could have?" So as I handed her a catalog I casually asked if she had a consultant. "Oh yes. My daughter's friend sells it!" Grrr :grumpy:

My favorite advertisement is the PC baseball hat. But I have found that people look at it and then look away like OMG she's gonna ask me to have a show. I'm not a pushy person and I know when to talk and when not to talk. But I must say I need to talk more!!! LOL!!

Great work!!! Keep it up!

PamperedchefDaly said:
Good for you Shelby! Keep that momentum going!:sing::sing:

I had a quite different experience with the catalog tote. I went into a local store and the cashier saw my tote. "I love Pampered Chef! Do you have a catalog I could have?" So as I handed her a catalog I casually asked if she had a consultant. "Oh yes. My daughter's friend sells it!" Grrr :grumpy:

My response when people say "I love PC" is: "That's great! Do you have a consultant you are working with?" Most of the time people say no, and that's when I will say "This is my only catalog with me, but I'd be happy to send you a copy." Then I give them a recipe card w/ my info on it and I either have them fill out, or I fill out for them, a Door Prize Drawing Slip. I specifically ask them for their e-mail address, too, along with best time to reach them. My intention is to call them right before I'm getting ready to mail them a catalog. That way I can see if they'd like to just go ahead and do a cooking or catty show--that way it can be a host packet I'm mailing instead of just one little catalog. I also tell them about my website, too.

If they say they have a consultant, then I hand them a recipe card w/ my contact info and tell them to enjoy the recipe and if for some reason their consultant stops selling, to give me a call. I usually encourage them to call their consultant and book a show so they can see all the latest and greatest stuff. I figure it'll help out their consultant maybe, and at the very least let them know that I'm happy w/ PC, no matter if they are my customer or someone else's.

cookingwithdawn said:
My favorite advertisement is the PC baseball hat. But I have found that people look at it and then look away like OMG she's gonna ask me to have a show. I'm not a pushy person and I know when to talk and when not to talk. But I must say I need to talk more!!! LOL!!

I just recently ordered on when it was on sale. I have been wearing the beret style hat I won last year lately, and I think it's been working better than my catalog tote for me. For me, our budget is so tight, that I can't do a lot of "put the bag on the counter when you're paying" because I can't go out shopping like that. So most of the time, the catalog tote is tucked under my arm. I find that with the hat, people see it, because it's near my face.

Now, if I could just find more time to actually get out and about to use it...

ShelbyMichalek said:
:eek: I think I'm on a roll!! A lady from a local moms group I joined on facebook commented after I introduced myself and mentioned I'm with PC and said she wants to schedule a show!
Who wants to have a friendly bet on how many shows I get scheduled this week (before Friday) not including these two by just doing 3-2-1 between now and then. (I'm doing a booking blitz on Friday)

I'm thinking 5.

You Go Girl! :)

I get very little response from carrying my catalog tote...I've actually been questioning whether or not it's worth it lately but after reading this, I think I'll keep trying!

NooraK said:
I just recently ordered on when it was on sale. I have been wearing the beret style hat I won last year lately, and I think it's been working better than my catalog tote for me. For me, our budget is so tight, that I can't do a lot of "put the bag on the counter when you're paying" because I can't go out shopping like that. So most of the time, the catalog tote is tucked under my arm. I find that with the hat, people see it, because it's near my face.

Now, if I could just find more time to actually get out and about to use it...

Mine is too. I don't usually get a chance to put my bag on the counter either! I got lucky since I had a gift card to spoil myself at the maternity store so I wasn't trying to shuffle a little boy and all my coupons there.

Cr8vKitchen said:
I get very little response from carrying my catalog tote...I've actually been questioning whether or not it's worth it lately but after reading this, I think I'll keep trying!

Just make sure you make it visible. Set it on the counter when paying. Place it on the table when at a restaurant (if feasible). Hold it in your lap if you use public transportation.

I have 2 shows that came directly from the Catalog Tote.That said ... I'm ashamed to admit I've stopped carrying it ... it's just too darned heavy! That's why I REALLY want to earn that tote for having 2 shows in January! I can totally rock a mini wallet on a string!

Intrepid_Chef said:
I have 2 shows that came directly from the Catalog Tote.

That said ... I'm ashamed to admit I've stopped carrying it ... it's just too darned heavy! That's why I REALLY want to earn that tote for having 2 shows in January! I can totally rock a mini wallet on a string!

Why is it so heavy? All I carry is my wallet, business cards, up to 5 mini catalogs, a copy of a specials flyer and that's it. It's VERY light.

Because nature abhors a vacuum. And I abhor an empty tote. If I have a big space to fill, I will fill it .... with a "mini purse" that serves as a wallet, my prescription meds, catalogs, a coupon wallet, all my makeup that I almost never wear, pens ... and various bills, papers and pieces of mail. I think my half-filled tote is still around somewhere ....

Intrepid_Chef said:
Because nature abhors a vacuum. And I abhor an empty tote. If I have a big space to fill, I will fill it .... with a "mini purse" that serves as a wallet, my prescription meds, catalogs, a coupon wallet, all my makeup that I almost never wear, pens ... and various bills, papers and pieces of mail. I think my half-filled tote is still around somewhere ....

HA! I do that occasionally too!! But when it gets to the point where I want to grab my wallet and go without the purse is when a light in my brain goes off that says "Lady! Clean out that purse!" LOL

I have full sized catalogs, business cards, pens, a folder with order forms, contact cards and a calculator.

My purse is separate and cram packed & heavy. Then I have the diaper bag too! All too often, I leave the catalog tote in the car & go without. I need to get better at carrying it!!! :D

UPDATE:
I called her today. We set a show date for Jan 22nd. She's still very excited and motivated. She said she's sure she'll have no problem filling her guest list. I'm sending her packet tomorrow. I'm including a some of the business opportunity information as well. I think she'd be a great consultant!

Can't wait for this show! :D

It is sooo different for you gals. Sorry, I won't do the 'tote'. But I do carry the catalog nearly every time I go shopping (which is often as I stop on the way home from work for things Suzanne requests). Anyway, nothing, nada, zip. If I don't mention PC no one does. There are definitely some things I envy about being a woman. (People don't readily approach a guy)

OK, so I'm bringing back an "oldie but a goodie"! I read this thread before but hadn't had any business off my own tote, so I didn't write anything. Now I can!!!

Today at the PX food court a lady saw my tote and asked me if I sold, then asked for a business card and a catalog. I handed her a mini with my info on the back, but of course it was just as we were leaving and my four year old was being difficult about putting on her coat (it's freezing here, so definitely necessary!!), so I didn't get a chance to get her info. That might have cost me a contact, but I'm happy that the tote is being noticed!!!

I had almost given up on the tote and was about to switch back to a regular purse, but I think I'll keep using it for a little while longer now!!

I hope she calls! A woman asked me about a catalog while I was sitting in the Sprint store the other day. Gave her one and my card. She said "I need some new stuff for my kitchen". I also forgot to get her contact info (was chatting with her about so many things) but at least someone asked :)

I was at a Mcdonalds on my lunch break and was getting ready to eat with my daughter back at my factory. So i was really pressed for time. For the very first time I actually had someone talk to me about PC. I was so excited and worried I would get to eat with my daughter I too forgot to get contact info I gave them a mini catalog with my info and away I went.

A tip - put a blank post-it on the mini or whatever you have in your tote. You give them the mini etc. after they write their contact info on the post it. I don't do it 100%, esp. if I'd be holding up the cashier line, but it's a good way to get them added to your e-mail list at a minimum.And Shelby, how did the show go?

Becca_in_MD said:
A tip - put a blank post-it on the mini or whatever you have in your tote. You give them the mini etc. after they write their contact info on the post it. I don't do it 100%, esp. if I'd be holding up the cashier line, but it's a good way to get them added to your e-mail list at a minimum.
And Shelby, how did the show go?

This is exactly what I do. That helps me remember to ask for contact info, especially if I'm feeling "shy" about asking for it.

Becca, we had to reschedule - she was having some personal problems. We did set a new date right away though :)

ShelbyMichalek said:
I gave her a mini, which has a sticky note on the front to collect name, phone, & email.

I LOVE that you think ahead and have a sticky note for their contact info right on each catalog in your bag! Excellent idea! Gonna do it for sure! Thanks for sharing!

I'm excited that I now not only have one tote experience but two!!!

I took it to my eye doctor on Thursday. I had my daughter with me so I just threw my bag and purse down on the chair to get her settled. As soon as the dr looked at it shes like "oh my I love PC! let me know when your next show is I want to order". I just so happened to have a Pamper A Business folder with me so I gave that to her and we are turning it into a catalog show. The pretty amazing part of that is that I go to the eye dr in Sams Club! She was saying how she knows ppl in every dept and should have a nice size order!

Then on Friday I went to my chiropractor. She looks at my bag and says "i didn't know you sold PC". I was thinking that I've carried it in there before and I told her when I first started. So she's doing a catalog show too! And her receptionist wants to keep her posted when the trifle bowl goes on sale. Whoo! Maybe since she could get it for 60% off in May, she will have a show for me then!

2 definate and 1 possible show from this? Heck ya! I do throw my regular purse inside of it for those times that I don't want to lug around a big bag, but my motivation has really increased since Thursday!!!!

dme.grant said:
Today at the PX food court a lady saw my tote and asked me if I sold, then asked for a business card and a catalog. I handed her a mini with my info on the back, but of course it was just as we were leaving and my four year old was being difficult about putting on her coat (it's freezing here, so definitely necessary!!), so I didn't get a chance to get her info. That might have cost me a contact, but I'm happy that the tote is being noticed!!!
Are you Army? We're A.F., stationed in Korea. Just thought I'd say hi! :) It's nice to talk w/ military wives! What 'tote' are we talking about? I haven't been a consultant long. :(

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShannonWV
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Nicki Robinette
  • rebajoe
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
kewaters
  • pampered Ruth