• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do I Promote My Business at My Ft Job

In summary, Debbie suggests wearing a charm or a sign that says "FREE, TAKE ONE!" to generate interest in selling PC, and then asking the client for their card or website address.
ted122781
My FT job is as a secretary for an insurance company, and I see a lot of clients daily. I would like to try and book a show with some of the clients (only the ones I am very comfortable w/), but my boss doesn't want me offering my PC to clients unless they ask first. I'm not allowed to wear logo wear, but I do take my catalog tote w/me everywhere. Unfortunately, the clients never see my tote while in the office. What do I do? Should I just give up and hope for a chance meeting with them outside the office (a little possible)?
I was wondering if you all could give me any suggestions.

Well you don't want to get fired, so I would maybe keep a catalog or something on your desk. (Would clients see it there?) And if they ask you first...then I guess that would be ok.

Also, I would recommend getting your website from http://www.jerisigns.com she has done many PC consultants. She is wonderful too. Its a window cling and goes on the back window of your car. (If you park in the same lot as clients it would be noticed by them there).

When you hit $15,000 in career sales you get a silver whisk charm, I wear mine on my necklace and its a conversation starter.

HTH

Thanks for the website!
I've been thinking about getting a window cling all week.
This is a sign!

What about wearing your Chef Hat pin? Technically, it's "just" a pin ;)
Or can you hang up something near your desk or slyly leave a catalog hanging around?

I have a cube and I hang up the mopnthly special on my wall each month and I always have a catalog sitting on my desk. I also hang something up in the break room.

What about a catalog in the waiting area? And your qualifying pin should not be considered logo wear, would it!?!?
I like the idea of the whisk charm as a pendant, too -- I was wondering what to do with mine -- it doesn't quite match my white gold charm bracelet :(

FREE gift??Would having a basket of FREE citrus peelers and your business card inside the plastic be ok? It's like having free candy to hand out right?
Then a sign that says "FREE, TAKE ONE!" Maybe that would generate interest and you wouldn't have to say anything, they are there for the taking. If someone asks "Wow citrus peelers, do you sell PC?"
Well then they asked you first and you can go ahead and book them!!

Debbie :D

DebbieSAChef said:
Would having a basket of FREE citrus peelers and your business card inside the plastic be ok? It's like having free candy to hand out right?
Then a sign that says "FREE, TAKE ONE!" Maybe that would generate interest and you wouldn't have to say anything, they are there for the taking. If someone asks "Wow citrus peelers, do you sell PC?"

Good idea! I'll ask!

I "accidentally" leave a catalog in whatever chair I just vacated. Like the dentist, doctors, insurance office, etc. What about the ribbons that are on some of the Merrill totes? You could use them to tie back your hair or as a belt. I have one that I keep my usb flash drive on around my neck. Just a thought or two.

DebbieSAChef said:
Would having a basket of FREE citrus peelers and your business card inside the plastic be ok? It's like having free candy to hand out right?

Love, love, love that idea :thumbup:

I would be very careful with promoting PC on company time and terms. There could be a huge conflict of interest with your employer and you certainly dont want to lose your job (unless of course you're ready to do PC full time!!!)
hen I was in a public job before my child, I was an HR officer and dealt with these situations frequently. So my suggestion would be to wear something like your whisk charm on your necklace or your chef's hat pin daily. Then when clients notice and start a conversation, you could tell them that "Yes, I do sell Pc and would love to give you more info, but I'm very limited to what I can say here, so would love to give you my card. Give me a call after hours and we'll chat more then!" Then when you dont hear from them by the time they come in next, that's when you ask for their phone number and call them. You aren't breaking any rules unless your company has very specific Conflict of Interest guidelines. Check with your handbook about it. I also LOVE the idea of a windowcling. you could just refer your customers to your car!!
One more idea: My director will get the magnetized biz cards and when she goes into walmart or out to eat, she'll put 12-20 on her car and by the time she gets back, they're all gone. She also has big advertising car magnets on either side of her truck. She has actually gotten leads from this as well.

Best of luck!!

Thanks guys!

ragschef said:
I would be very careful with promoting PC on company time and terms. There could be a huge conflict of interest with your employer and you certainly dont want to lose your job (unless of course you're ready to do PC full time!!!)
hen I was in a public job before my child, I was an HR officer and dealt with these situations frequently. So my suggestion would be to wear something like your whisk charm on your necklace or your chef's hat pin daily. Then when clients notice and start a conversation, you could tell them that "Yes, I do sell Pc and would love to give you more info, but I'm very limited to what I can say here, so would love to give you my card. Give me a call after hours and we'll chat more then!" Then when you dont hear from them by the time they come in next, that's when you ask for their phone number and call them. You aren't breaking any rules unless your company has very specific Conflict of Interest guidelines. Check with your handbook about it. I also LOVE the idea of a windowcling. you could just refer your customers to your car!!
One more idea: My director will get the magnetized biz cards and when she goes into walmart or out to eat, she'll put 12-20 on her car and by the time she gets back, they're all gone. She also has big advertising car magnets on either side of her truck. She has actually gotten leads from this as well.Best of luck!!

This is a cool idea!!

1. How can I promote my Pampered Chef business while working my full-time job?

One way to promote your business while working your full-time job is to utilize social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram, to share images and information about your products and any upcoming events or promotions. You can also network with friends, family, and colleagues to spread the word about your business and offer incentives for referrals.

2. Is it appropriate to promote my Pampered Chef business at my full-time job?

It is important to be mindful of your company's policies and guidelines regarding promoting personal businesses at work. If it is allowed, you can discreetly promote your business by leaving catalogs or business cards in common areas or offering samples to interested coworkers during breaks or lunch.

3. How can I balance promoting my business and performing well at my full-time job?

Time management and setting boundaries are key in balancing both your full-time job and promoting your business. Schedule specific times for promoting and stick to those times, while also being fully present and focused on your job during work hours.

4. What are some creative ways to promote my Pampered Chef business at my full-time job?

You could host a lunch and learn at your workplace, where you provide a demonstration and samples of Pampered Chef products for interested coworkers to try. Another idea is to offer a special discount or promotion for your colleagues as a way to thank them for their support.

5. How can I use my full-time job to my advantage in promoting my Pampered Chef business?

If you work in a related field, such as in the food industry or as a chef, you can leverage your expertise and knowledge to promote your Pampered Chef business. You can also use your network and connections from your full-time job to reach potential new customers and expand your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
batterbowl
Replies
Views
Stephanie78
  • pameredchef007
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
lovecookn