• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Annoyed and Busy: No Third Chance

In summary, the host is very close to having a $2500 month, but when a lady cancels on her twice, she is very angry and stressed. She offers the lady another chance, but only if she is reliable and doesn't cancel again.
FeliciaD
I am very annoyed right now as the same lady has canceled on me twice. I dont want to give her another chance. I have been very busy, and I am trying to reach a goal by the end of November and it hurts that this Saturday was my last available Saturday to do a cooking show for this month. Am I wrong to not want to give her a 3rd chance. I have been calling around to see if I can get someone else to host a show this Saturday, its just so last minute.

When this happens I give a date that I'm double booked on or that I don't really want to book but am available for. That way I'm not so upset if she cancels again. Or, better yet, offer her a catalog show. Stress that this may be a better option for her. Sometimes those rebooked shows are awesome - the host really did want to do it on a better date for her and her friends...

What a good idea. Thank you, I was really bummed, and needed the pick up. I am so close to having my first $2500 month, and when she canceled, it just brought me down!

i'm so sorry this put a damper on your month. when someone cancels on me the first time i don't let them rebook for a "prime" spot (friday or sat night). like the pp said, only offer a spot that i don't care if they cancel again or a catalog show. BUT since you had already set aside time for that show, stay in work mode. make lots of calls telling people about our fabulous host & guest specials and maybe you can gather some orders to submit that night anyway.

I had a show like that. I could honestly tell this woman was going to be a flake when I first met her. The first time she cancelled, I said "Ok, when would you like to reschedule?" So we set the date, and I wasn't really counting on it, but I still called her....wisdom teeth removal on that date. I still tried to have a good attitude and I think it helped. I say go for it and give her another chance. I even offer my home for hosts to use if that's their concern. Something I've learned from my directors, is you never know the turn out. Even if she's not very excited or reliable at this point, her show could end up being big! Good luck!

I don't let them rebook for a weekend--PERIOD if they cancel for any other reason than illness. I flat tell them--I am happy to rebook a date for you! I have a policy that when a host cancels at the last minute I don't offer a Friday or Saturday re-book date, so which night of the week or Sunday afternoon works best for you? Only one time have I had a host say "ok, forget it." most of the time it gets a point across that this is my job.

1. How can I manage my time better when I'm constantly feeling annoyed and busy?

One way to manage your time better is to prioritize your tasks and delegate responsibilities when possible. It's also important to take breaks and practice self-care to avoid burnout.

2. What can I do when I feel like I have no third chance to get everything done?

Instead of dwelling on past mistakes or missed opportunities, focus on the present moment and what you can do to move forward. Set realistic goals and break tasks into smaller, manageable chunks.

3. How can I express my frustration without coming across as aggressive or negative?

It's important to communicate your feelings in a clear and respectful manner. Use "I" statements to express how you are feeling and avoid blaming others. Take a deep breath and remain calm before addressing the issue.

4. How do I avoid feeling overwhelmed when my workload keeps piling up?

One strategy is to create a schedule and stick to it. This will help you stay organized and on track. It's also important to learn to say "no" to tasks that you know you cannot handle, and to ask for help when needed.

5. What can I do to stay motivated and avoid feeling constantly annoyed and busy?

Set realistic and achievable goals for yourself, and celebrate your accomplishments along the way. Take breaks and engage in activities that bring you joy and relaxation. Remember to prioritize self-care to maintain a positive mindset.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wcsis
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pcnurselori
  • poohritz
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefBeckyD