• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

The Benefits of Promotional Catalog Totes: Share Your Experiences!

In summary, the tote is large and versatile and can be used for a variety of purposes. It has been useful in promoting the business, garnering leads, and selling products.
AnnaPChef
Ok. Question for everyone! Who has the catalog tote? If you have it, do you use it all the time? Have you gotten leads from it? I'm trying to think of new ways to promote my business, and have seen other consultants with them at my cluster meetings. Do you always keep a current catalog in them? Or do you sometimes you last seasons catalog? Any and all opinions on these potentially wonderful marketing materials please!!!! (Not sure if I put this in the right place)

Love the catalog tote. It goes with me everywhere. I don't always carry it outside of my car but I keep my calendar, bank bag, catalogs, host packets etc in it. I carried it with me right after I got it last year and got a catalog show (literally) at my neice's dance class. I haven't had much luck from it since.

I carry it everywhere with a current catalog in it.
However, at Leadership, I saw a bunch of new ideas for that tote.
Some people had brightly colored paper they had printed out "Ask me about the Pamepred Chef" on it with a recipe card near the bottom. Other's had older catalogs, recruiting info....I guess you could put anything in there that gets attention. People mention mine all the time and ask if I sell Pampered Chef. I love mine!

I have one too and I love it!! I have gotten some leads from it and continue to use it daily.

Awesome little comeback when someone asks you about PC when you're out and about (because I usually stammer around looking like an idiot). Learned this at Leadership. Really if you've never been GO!

"Oh, you do Pampered Chef?" says stranger.

"Yes, I do. How can I help you?" says the consultant.

I thought that "How can I help you" was BRILLANT!! It totally puts the ball in their court and whatever you say next is totally appropriate because you now know what they need/want/are excited about.

I use one as my everyday purse, but honestly I've never had one person ask me about it (I've had it for about 3 mos).

I got it with some PC$ so I figured it was worth it even if I never get asked about it. I always have catalogs on hand and I try to keep an outside order form in there at all times.

It's really large inside so it can hold tons of stuff!

I love it. I also use it as my everyday purse. I have only had a couple people ask about it, but I always have catalogs and my calander in it.

Ok I am so jealous lol, we cant get them here and I want one so bad! :(:(

graciec1977 said:
Ok I am so jealous lol, we cant get them here and I want one so bad! :(:(

Email HO about it and don't let up until they do the same for you! It's not fair that they cannot make it available to everyone.

I carried mine into my daughters preschool class and the pre-k teachers went crazy! They are putting together a catalog show! How great would an entire elementary school full of customers be!?!?

That would be awesome!

I am SO SAD I didn't have mine tossed in with my last supply order!

I use mine as my regular purse. I didn't get leads from it right away, but I do get them now and then. I always keep some minis inside to hand out and comment cards to take down their information. Usually, they have a question about something that broke or want to place an order for one particular item. I have booked only one show from my leads, but I carry it for pride as well as advertising.

I used mine until the clear plastic had holes worn in it (I'm hard on purses!) but I received several shows that began with this conversation starter. "Do you sell Pampered Chef?" "I do, and I love it. I'm currently booking shows for _______ - would you be interested in earning free products?" Now, I have the big green tote with The Pampered Chef blazened on it. I just have to be careful not to knock anyone in the head with it as I walk through a crowded room.

I just won one at a meeting raffle and I was so excited to get it. I use it as an everyday purse/diaperbag. If nothing else, it reminds me to keep catalogs with me at all times. I had a postal worker at the post office ask me if I had a catalog and of course I did, because I had my tote with me.

LOVE it!I purchased mine in November & carry it as my purse unless going somewhere that a smaller purse in appropriate. I always carry a current catalog in the front pocket and 6-8 in a folder to keep them nice inside. I also always have order forms, a cooking show host packet, a catalog host packet and my calendar. Just yesterday I handed out the 6-8 in my bag throughout the day and lucky that I had the one in the front b/c someone asked for that one too! I have gotten 2 bookings and 2 lead from the bag (dentist office, Walmart, Dollar Store, work). I wouldn't trade mine for anything!:sing:

I may be in the minority here, but I find mine a bit ackward (sp?). It's really deep so I find it hard to use as a purse, I constantly loose stuff in it. It also can hold a lot (normally a good thing) but it gets heavy, especially when you add catalogs to it. I also haven't gotten any leads from it. It might just be my area, and to be honest, with a 3yo and 20 month old, I try to do all I can from home or in the car. So, I am definitely not the best judge.

I have the Merrill Ribbon tote that I was carrying, until the lining started ripping. I got a few leads from it. (I carried for about 3 weeks!) I also have this and never thought to carry it! Looks like I will be changing purses this weekend!! :chef:

sfdavis918 said:
I may be in the minority here, but I find mine a bit ackward (sp?). It's really deep so I find it hard to use as a purse, I constantly loose stuff in it. It also can hold a lot (normally a good thing) but it gets heavy, especially when you add catalogs to it. I also haven't gotten any leads from it. It might just be my area, and to be honest, with a 3yo and 20 month old, I try to do all I can from home or in the car. So, I am definitely not the best judge.

I wouldn't carry full-sized catalogs. I only carry the mini-cats then let them know they can see the whole catalog online at my website. Our catalogs are darn heavy now. You could throw your back out trying to use this as your purse bogged down with catalogs. Keep it simple. Also, for as much as our catalogs cost us, that's an expensive business card.

You can also keep ONE current catty in there (so it shows through the plastic) and then keep mini cattys behind to give out.

When you give out the mini catty, be SURE to get their info and follow up with them. Otherwise, you are throwing your money away, since 99.9% of the folks you give a catty or mini catty to will not call YOU.

I also give out the mini catties now...since the full size ones are so darned expensive now. If they call me or place an order when I call them, THEN I will send them a full sized one!

I have a pampered Chef pin/button on my purse ( I love my brighton and can't give it up)-maybe I ordered the pin from Nancy's but people often ask me about PC because of it :)

I love mine! I've gotten stopped so many times- beer distributor, shoe store, playcenter I take my son to... I actually booked a show the week after I got mine! I don't carry it all the time, but several times a week. It works as a great diaper bag for me!

I asked my AD to order one for me when I sold her my extra cattys ... when it comes it will be my purse. There will be 1-3 cattys and maybe special flyers. Most stuff will go in the zipper pocket. I also plan to find my wallet and use it so I don't lose everything.

I miss having my product so visible! I USED to sell jewelry ... then when someone saw it, they would say, "What a nice necklace" and I'd say, "Wanna know how you can get it for free?"

I have just gotten my Catalog Tote and have kept it simple. 1-2 full catalogs and about 5 Holiday Mini's with a about 3 recruiting brochures and drawing slips to get the persons info. I have my wallet, kids' stuff and personal things on the inside! Works great! Still no leads from it but I know they will come. Have when I wear my logo wear!

I haven't purchased the new one yet because I received one in my mystery box from conference. My only issue with it is the pocket where you put the catalog had a white piece of paper with the PC logo on it which caused the black ink to go onto the plastic. Maybe I can use some rubbing alcohol to remove it.

That's the conference tote from 2004. It's not as nice as the catalog tote that's on supply order, but it works in a pinch.

After reading the recent posts about the catalog tote I decided to switch from my PC purse to the tote. Last night I was placing an order at the counter & a womans husband made a comment I didn't hear completly. They were at the next register placing their order. I looked at him w/a question look on my face & he said do you sell PC & then the light bulb went off. lol I said YES! He said give his wife a catalog & she'll buy tons from me. She then came over & I told her I had a catalog & she said her family is always stealing her PC tools & she needs replacements & gifts! Yea, I'm excited to see how much more I get from people out & about w/the tote instead of the purse.

Kasey, that's awesome! I'll be getting mine to in my next supply order. :)

Don't forget to get that person's information. That way you can call or email in a week or so to remind them they have a catalog, see if they have any questions, want to book a show, place an order. Oh I write on the top of my slip where I met the person and maybe a comment or two that was said (short).

Becky, that's a good idea. I liked the little kit that Peggy had in the video on the official website - recipe cards, mini catalogs, and a notepad with a pen, very organized.

We love Monterey! I'm in the South Bay/Peninsula and we go down a few times a year to visit the aquarium. :)

I went to a Belinda Ellsworth seminar today and she shared a GREAT tip for handing out catalogs when you're out. Put a sticky note on the cover of the book. Then, when you hand the catalog to someone, ask them to write down their info. You take the sticky note with the info, and they keep the book.

great idea Ann!

chefann said:
I went to a Belinda Ellsworth seminar today and she shared a GREAT tip for handing out catalogs when you're out. Put a sticky note on the cover of the book. Then, when you hand the catalog to someone, ask them to write down their info. You take the sticky note with the info, and they keep the book.

Now, that's a good idea!!!!!!It's hard sometimes when people catch you off guard and them you try to find something to take down their info on.:thumbup:

koima said:
Becky, that's a good idea. I liked the little kit that Peggy had in the video on the official website - recipe cards, mini catalogs, and a notepad with a pen, very organized.

We love Monterey! I'm in the South Bay/Peninsula and we go down a few times a year to visit the aquarium. :)

We love SF! lol We stay at the Marine Memorial Club when we go. Great rates, right off the trolley line, lots of fun!

I haven't watched the whole video. I keep mini catalogs with me, a pen, drawing slips for their information, and business cards.

pamperedharriet said:
Now, that's a good idea!!!!!!It's hard sometimes when people catch you off guard and them you try to find something to take down their info on.:thumbup:

You are soo right! It catches me off guard and I have to dig out my slips and pen. Maybe I'll do that on the minis that I carry since I only carry 2 large with me and one always has to stay in it. :)

Just watched the video on CC about Patty McGovern and her catalog tote. Loved the idea of recipe cards and the little plastic thing she carried them in. I stopped at Staples to pick one up and no dice. Didn't have anything liked that. Anyone seen one of these around?????

I don't feel right carrying a tote, but I keep one in my vehicle with all of our information and a few catalogues. I keep all of my paperwork and flyers in a divided cloth covered file pouch that has a zipper.

Try the dollar store for the plastic pouch. Some places call it a coupon organizer. I have always used this to keep my receipts organized. Guess I will have to clear it out for recipes instead. A cosmetic bag may do for the time being -- just something to keep the cards and cattys neat and in one spot. No one has to see where you get these from when you reach inside your bag.

I learned at one of our cluster meetings to do an "on the go drawing". When someone comments about PC, ask them if they would like to enter a drawing for the month...week...or whatever you want to do, and have them fill out a door prize slip, that way it makes it easier to ask them to fill out the form...also the winner will be more likely to go w/ you if they get something free! Also in the coupon/receipt divider type thing mentioned before... keep mini catalogs, recipe cards, and so on in there so you can give those out to them as well. Everyone loves the recipe cards and they will be less likely to throw those away (unlike a catalog or biz card).

KellyTheChef said:
You can also keep ONE current catty in there (so it shows through the plastic) and then keep mini cattys behind to give out.

When you give out the mini catty, be SURE to get their info and follow up with them. Otherwise, you are throwing your money away, since 99.9% of the folks you give a catty or mini catty to will not call YOU.

I also give out the mini catties now...since the full size ones are so darned expensive now. If they call me or place an order when I call them, THEN I will send them a full sized one!

Exactly! Get their info. Yesterday I got two bookings from it! (Both for January) At work, someone saw the new catalog on it and when I was at the grocery store. "We've been looking for a PC person." Since the cashier was busy, I'm touching base with her again this week, to choose a date for her January show.

To make it easy, I keep my purse (small) inside the catalog tote. That way if I need to go somewhere more formal, I can grab my purse in an instant. I have got so many leads from the grocery store alone. I talk about the recipe I'm picking ingredients up for. It gets the conversation going.

I just got another lead from mine yesterday. I wasn't feeling well but had to go out and get a few things at WalMart. I went to the self checkout because I really didn't want to see anyone but the clerk overseeing those lanes came up to me and asked if I sell PC because she saw my bag. She was SO excited!

So even when I was not looking for business it came to me - always take your tote! You never know.

chefann said:

I just saw Belinda a couple weeks ago in Sacramento...SHE ROCKS! Leadership will be AWESOME!

Isn't it cool Beth when it comes to us? I have a list for over the next two weeks of the 3 contacts I'm making daily. When I get contacts I hadn't "planned" on, it's even better. 2 unexpected shows for January. Wahoo!

Does the PC Catalog tote have "The Pampered Chef" logo across the top? I can't tell from the video. I really wish they had pictures of the items in the supply order!! I am new, I don't know what that stuff is.

Yes, it does.

lockhartkitchen said:
Isn't it cool Beth when it comes to us? I have a list for over the next two weeks of the 3 contacts I'm making daily. When I get contacts I hadn't "planned" on, it's even better. 2 unexpected shows for January. Wahoo!

I know! :love: :D :sing:

To answer esavvymom: Yes the logo is on the front of the bag, just over the window where you slip the catalog. It has both "The Pampered Chef" and "Discover the Chef in You".

Yesterday I couldn't find my keys coming out of the library. I had my 2 kids and was searching my bag outside the library. A lady saw my Catalog tote and asked me if I sold PC.

I guess it was a good thing I couldn't find my keys. Turns out my 2 year old was sitting on them.

How much is the tote? I'm a new consultant.

espinoll said:
How much is the tote? I'm a new consultant.

It's $15 and you can order it on your supply order.

Ok, I am probably not the norm here, but I keep it in my car, but I do not carrry it every where I go. I just feel weird, not sure why just do. I have my PC vest and my yoga set I wear and that sparks conversation, but I have no desire to carry the catalog tote everywhere I go. I think it is because I know a lady we call the PC stalker and she carries her and hands out catalog to everyone she walks by and she is a stalker...... People are very put off by her and I have had people call me because they just can't deal with her pushiness anymore. So.... long story short.. my theory is I am just laid back about, maybe too much so??

Well, I think there can be a point where you take things too far, like handing a catalog to everyone you meet. But, I do carry mine everywhere and if someone asks a question or comments, I then ask them if they would like one and get their info. I think you can carry it without being pushy. It has really been a help to my business!!

<h2>1. Who has the catalog tote?</h2><p>Many Pampered Chef consultants have the catalog tote as it is a popular marketing tool for promoting our business. It is a great way to showcase our products and services to potential customers.</p><h2>2. Do you use it all the time?</h2><p>It depends on the individual consultant and their specific marketing strategies. Some consultants may use the catalog tote frequently, while others may only use it for special events or occasions.</p><h2>3. Have you gotten leads from it?</h2><p>Yes, the catalog tote can be an effective way to generate leads for our business. By having a physical catalog and product samples readily available, it can pique the interest of potential customers and lead to future sales.</p><h2>4. Do you always keep a current catalog in them?</h2><p>It is recommended to always keep a current catalog in the tote, as it showcases the latest products and promotions. However, it is also a good idea to have some past catalogs available to showcase discontinued products or special offers that may still be available.</p><h2>5. Any and all opinions on these potentially wonderful marketing materials please!!!!</h2><p>The catalog tote is a valuable marketing tool for Pampered Chef consultants. It allows us to easily promote our business and products to potential customers in a professional and organized manner. It is also a great conversation starter and can lead to new leads and sales. Overall, it is a worthwhile investment for any consultant looking to expand their business and reach a wider audience.</p>

1. Who has the catalog tote?

Many Pampered Chef consultants have the catalog tote as it is a popular marketing tool for promoting our business. It is a great way to showcase our products and services to potential customers.

2. Do you use it all the time?

It depends on the individual consultant and their specific marketing strategies. Some consultants may use the catalog tote frequently, while others may only use it for special events or occasions.

3. Have you gotten leads from it?

Yes, the catalog tote can be an effective way to generate leads for our business. By having a physical catalog and product samples readily available, it can pique the interest of potential customers and lead to future sales.

4. Do you always keep a current catalog in them?

It is recommended to always keep a current catalog in the tote, as it showcases the latest products and promotions. However, it is also a good idea to have some past catalogs available to showcase discontinued products or special offers that may still be available.

5. Any and all opinions on these potentially wonderful marketing materials please!!!!

The catalog tote is a valuable marketing tool for Pampered Chef consultants. It allows us to easily promote our business and products to potential customers in a professional and organized manner. It is also a great conversation starter and can lead to new leads and sales. Overall, it is a worthwhile investment for any consultant looking to expand their business and reach a wider audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShelbyMichalek
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
veden
  • pcmealswithme
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
csnteacher
  • chefheidi2003