• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Substitute for Deep Covered Baker?!??

In summary, when cooking without a Deep Covered Baker, suitable substitutes include a ceramic or glass casserole dish with a lid, a Dutch oven, or a covered baking dish. However, adjustments to cooking time and temperature may be necessary. It is not recommended to use plastic or metal dishes. The Deep Covered Baker has benefits such as even heat distribution and moisture retention, and can also be used in the oven. However, it should not be used on the stovetop or under the broiler.
rebeccastt
Silver Member
For those of you who have the Deep Covered Baker, what stone would you suggest I use to substitute for it since I don't have it. I am making the Caramel Apple Bread Pudding tonight and don't know which other stone to use. I looked online on Product Use & Care for the volume size, but it didn't say. Help please!!

Substitute for Deep Covered BakerI've made this before and used the Rectangular Baker.
You may want to try it in the Rectangular Baker before your show to see how it turns out for you.:p

Thank you!

Related to Substitute for Deep Covered Baker?!??

What can I use as a substitute for the Deep Covered Baker?

The Deep Covered Baker is a versatile and convenient tool for cooking a variety of dishes in the microwave. However, if you do not have one, you can use a variety of other cookware as substitutes. A ceramic or glass casserole dish with a lid, a Dutch oven, or a covered baking dish are all suitable alternatives.

Do I need to make any adjustments to the cooking time or temperature when using a substitute for the Deep Covered Baker?

Yes, it is important to make adjustments to the cooking time and temperature when using a substitute for the Deep Covered Baker. Since different cookware materials and sizes may affect the cooking process, it is best to follow the recipe instructions but check the dish more frequently for doneness.

Can I use a plastic or metal dish as a substitute for the Deep Covered Baker?

No, it is not recommended to use plastic or metal dishes as a substitute for the Deep Covered Baker. These materials are not microwave-safe and can melt or cause sparks when exposed to high heat. Stick to using ceramic or glass cookware instead.

What are the benefits of using the Deep Covered Baker instead of other cookware?

The Deep Covered Baker is specifically designed for use in the microwave and has several benefits. It is made of a stoneware material that distributes heat evenly and helps to retain moisture, resulting in tender and flavorful dishes. It also has a lid that traps steam, allowing food to cook faster and more efficiently.

Can I use the Deep Covered Baker in the oven?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is safe to use in the oven. It is heat-resistant and can withstand temperatures up to 450°F. However, it is important to note that it should not be used on the stovetop or under the broiler. Always refer to the instruction manual for specific guidelines on oven use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heidabear
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
tamchap
  • iteachurkid
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • lmklipfel