• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the recipe for microwave peanut brittle made in a deep covered baker?

In summary, the conversation revolved around a recipe for microwave peanut brittle made in a Deep Covered Baker. The recipe was requested and eventually shared, with some tips for using a large batter bowl or pastry mat instead. The recipe can also be found on allrecipes.com and can be altered slightly for personal preference.
LadyGhee
At a team meeting the other night another consultant talked about a peanut brittle she made in the DCB in the microwave. It was friggen delish and easy.

Nobody is really getting back to my recipe requests via email, so I thought I'd shout out here:

ANYONE KNOW THE MICROWAVE PEANUT BRITTLE RECIPE FOR THE DEEP COVERED BAKER?​

If you could please share, I love you long time.:love:

It was like a gift from the heavens...as soon as I posted this, I got an email response.Here's the recipe:peanut Brittle in the Microwave, in our DCB. Here's the recipe to share at your shows:
"Microwave" Peanut Brittle
Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
... Dash of salt
1 to 1 1/2 cup shelled raw peanuts
1 Tbsp butter
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanillaDirections:
1. Grease baking sheet heavily. Put aside.
2. Combine sugar, corn syrup and salt in Deep Covered Baker. Stir in peanuts. Microwave at high (100%) until light brown, 8 to 10 minutes, stirring once or twice.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients until light and foamy. Quickly spread on greased baking sheet (I used our large sheet pan with parchment paper). Spread as thin as possible for brittle candy. Cool. Break into pieces. Store in container with a tight lid(our Leakproof Glass contaiers) to keep it fresh.I also used already roasted peanuts, but added them at the end so they wouldn't cook much more.

Do you put the cover on the baker when microwaving????

I just asked the person I got the recipe from. She says "OFF".

I use my large classic batter bowl to make peanut brittle... it's MUCH easier to handle and pour the hot liquid candy than the DCB

You can also pour it out onto the pastry mat instead of the baking pan...no greasing or parchment required!

I have used the pastry mat too! It works wonderful!!!! Easier to clean too!

Brenda.the.chef said:
I use my large classic batter bowl to make peanut brittle... it's MUCH easier to handle and pour the hot liquid candy than the DCB
So do you use this recipe exactly, only replacing the large batter bowl? Are there any changes or substitutions?

straitfan said:
You can also pour it out onto the pastry mat instead of the baking pan...no greasing or parchment required!
With the microwave recipe? I've seen it on the stovetop one. Just making sure it works! :)

I've been wanting to make peanut brittle for the first time this year, now I'll make it in the microwave in my batter bowl and pour it onto my new pastry mat. Can't wait!

LadyGhee said:
So do you use this recipe exactly, only replacing the large batter bowl? Are there any changes or substitutions?

With the microwave recipe? I've seen it on the stovetop one. Just making sure it works! :)

There are many microwave peanut brittle recipes. I use the one on allrecipes dot com. I shorten the final cook time after adding the peanuts by about 30 seconds. I don't have a pastry mat, so I butter a cookie sheet. I use the batter bowl and classic scraper. (I put my new kit to the test when I first got it and it passed with flying colors)

1. What is DCB Microwave Peanut Brittle?

DCB Microwave Peanut Brittle is a delicious and easy-to-make treat that you can prepare in your microwave using our Deep Covered Baker (DCB). It is a traditional peanut brittle recipe that has been adapted for the microwave, making it a quick and convenient option for satisfying your sweet cravings.

2. How long does it take to make DCB Microwave Peanut Brittle?

The entire process of making DCB Microwave Peanut Brittle takes about 20 minutes. This includes the preparation time, cooking time, and cooling time. It is a great option for those looking for a quick and easy dessert to make for a party or as a last-minute treat.

3. Is it necessary to use the Deep Covered Baker to make this recipe?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is specifically designed for use in the microwave and is an essential tool for making DCB Microwave Peanut Brittle. Its unique design allows for even cooking and prevents the mixture from boiling over. You can purchase the Deep Covered Baker from Pampered Chef.

4. Can I use other nuts besides peanuts to make this recipe?

Definitely! While the recipe calls for peanuts, you can use any type of nuts that you prefer, such as almonds, cashews, or pecans. You can even mix different types of nuts for a delicious twist on the classic peanut brittle.

5. How should I store DCB Microwave Peanut Brittle?

DCB Microwave Peanut Brittle can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. If you plan on storing it for longer, it is best to keep it in the refrigerator. Just make sure to let it come to room temperature before serving for the best taste and texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCSarahjm
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Becca_in_MD
Replies
Views
JAE
  • ChefJessica95765
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies