• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Corn on the Cob in the Deep Covered Baker (Dcb)

In summary, tonight I made corn on the cob in the DCB. It is another great use for the DCB. Here is how I did it. I found 6 ears fit in the baker well. I added 1/4 cup water, and microwaved it for 15 minutes. Just thought I would share. Holly, OH MY GOSH!!! I've got to get hubby to stop at farmers stand tomorrow so we can try this, I LOVE this idea!! Lisa
BlessedWifeMommy
Tonight I made corn on the cob in the DCB. It is another great use for the DCB. Here is how I did it.

I found 6 ears fit in the baker well. I added 1/4 cup water, and microwaved it for 15 minutes.

Just thought I would share.

Holly,
OH MY GOSH!!! I've got to get hubby to stop at farmers stand tomorrow so we can try this, I LOVE this idea!!

Lisa

BlessedWifeMommy said:
Tonight I made corn on the cob in the DCB. It is another great use for the DCB. Here is how I did it.

I found 6 ears fit in the baker well. I added 1/4 cup water, and microwaved it for 15 minutes.

Just thought I would share.

SWEET! How did the corn come out? Were the kernels sort of crisp and plump or more "cooked"?

Great idea - biggest pain of corn on the cob is boiling the water anyhow. I have 5 ears waiting to be eaten in the fridge - I will try this soon!

Lid on or off?

I always add sugar to my corn to help with the sweetness. I have yet to get any complaints.

Just and FYI there is this suggestion in the grilling cookbook as a side not it actually suggests grilling it when done cooking but I have always just microwaved it.

did you use the corn cob nobs? I find I have to cut the corn in half to fit in a pot with the nobs so curious if they fit better in the DCB. Thanks :)

I cooked mine in the DCB with the husk on. I also left the lid on the DCB. I added very little water. If you cut the ends off a little they fit in much easier. I did mine for about 3 minutes for each ear.

Liquid Sky said:
SWEET! How did the corn come out? Were the kernels sort of crisp and plump or more "cooked"?

They were nice and crisp! My MIL who loves corn thought is was wonderful! :D

Fluffy215 said:
did you use the corn cob nobs? I find I have to cut the corn in half to fit in a pot with the nobs so curious if they fit better in the DCB. Thanks :)

Sorry, nope! I have some old knobs that you have to put in after cooking. (ducking)... If your corn was short, they would probably work?

Luv 2 Cook said:
I cooked mine in the DCB with the husk on. I also left the lid on the DCB. I added very little water. If you cut the ends off a little they fit in much easier. I did mine for about 3 minutes for each ear.

I did it husks off. I didn't even think to leave the husks on.

Looking forward to trying this. Thanks for the idea!

Yeah, corn on the cob in 15 minutes! I will tell this to my cooking show guests tonight!

1. How do I prepare the corn on the cob in the Deep Covered Baker?

To prepare corn on the cob in the Deep Covered Baker, start by filling the baker with 1 inch of water. Then, place the corn in the baker and cover with the lid. Microwave for 8-10 minutes, or until the corn is tender.

2. Can I add any seasonings or flavors to the corn while cooking in the Deep Covered Baker?

Yes, you can add your favorite seasonings or flavors to the corn before cooking in the Deep Covered Baker. Simply sprinkle them on top of the corn before covering with the lid.

3. How many ears of corn can I cook in the Deep Covered Baker at once?

The Deep Covered Baker can hold up to 4 ears of corn at a time, depending on the size of the ears. If you have more than 4 ears, we recommend cooking them in batches for best results.

4. How long does it take to cook corn on the cob in the Deep Covered Baker?

The cooking time for corn on the cob in the Deep Covered Baker may vary depending on the wattage of your microwave. In general, it takes 8-10 minutes to cook the corn until tender.

5. Can I use frozen corn in the Deep Covered Baker?

Yes, you can use frozen corn in the Deep Covered Baker. Simply add 1-2 minutes to the cooking time to ensure the corn is fully cooked. Alternatively, you can thaw the frozen corn before cooking in the baker.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • dana_jni
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dana_jni
  • iteachurkid
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies