• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Crockpot Vs. Deep Covered Baker

In summary, the DCB is a great option for slow cooking because it retains moisture and can be used to cook recipes that would not work in a regular oven or microwave.
ChefJessica95765
I'm absolutely in love with my CrockPot. The deep covered baker I had for 2 years but I hardly did things in it.
Can I exchange recipes that call for a slow cooker to a DCB and other way round?

Current Case:
I wanna make a recipe from the DCB (white, red lasagna) for the church Potluck. The only problem is, I can't reheat the DCB there, because there is no Microwave big enough or an oven. So I wonder if I can make that recipe in the slowcooker.
also wanna use my DCB more often, so I wonder if I can my slow cooker recipes in it.
I have to stick to my recipes for the most part, because I'm highly food intolerant and it takes me a while to adjust recipes so that I can eat them, that why I stayed away from my DCB recipe collection so far.

I don't know how polenta would cook up in the crock, but I am making an actual lasagna in the crockpot as we speak for dinner tonight and it is really good with no problems. I usually do lasanga (normal) in the DCB in the microwave, but I have a show tonight and need to take it, which is the reason for the crockpot. I too love my crock!!

I too love my crockpot and currently have black beans cooking. I don't know if all recipes would be interchangable, but I would think that many would be b/c they both hold the moisture in.

I know as PC consultants we like to focus on the versatility of the DCB, but I still have many things I do in the crock vs. the DCB.

Does anyone happen to have a flyer or something that shows the pro's and con's or a side by side comparison of the DCB vs. a crock pot? Thanks in advance!

i just want to mention that your dcb will keep it hot for hours. i`ve made stuff for a church potluck and brought it with to the church- after a 1 hr mass and the 1/2 drive it took to get there the food was still warm.

ShelbyMichalek said:
i just want to mention that your dcb will keep it hot for hours. i`ve made stuff for a church potluck and brought it with to the church- after a 1 hr mass and the 1/2 drive it took to get there the food was still warm.

Really? I will try that, because I really wanna promote my DCB. Does anyone know if I can double the recipe of the lasagna from the current seasons best?
I made it once, but have to admit I forgot how high it fill up (also had to substitute the cream cheese with sour cream, since I forgot the cream cheese), this time I plan to buy the cream cheese.

you cant double it and have it fit in the DCB (you could always bring more than one), when i did it however i used beef instead of sausage and used uncooked ravioli's instead of polenta. I also added extra cheese

and it does stay hot for a very long time

What is the difference between a crockpot and a deep covered baker?

A crockpot is an electric slow cooker that cooks food at a low temperature over a long period of time. A deep covered baker is a ceramic baking dish with a lid that can be used in the oven or microwave to cook food quickly at a higher temperature.

Can a crockpot be used in place of a deep covered baker?

Yes, a crockpot can be used to make similar dishes as a deep covered baker, but the results may vary. Crockpots cook food at a lower temperature, so the cooking time may be longer and the texture of the food may be different.

Which one is better for making soups and stews?

Both a crockpot and a deep covered baker can be used to make soups and stews. However, a crockpot is better for slow cooking and developing flavors over a long period of time, while a deep covered baker is better for cooking at a higher temperature for shorter periods of time.

Can I use the same recipes for both a crockpot and a deep covered baker?

Yes, many recipes can be adapted to be cooked in either a crockpot or a deep covered baker. However, some adjustments may need to be made, such as increasing or decreasing the cooking time or adjusting the amount of liquid used.

Which one is easier to clean?

Both a crockpot and a deep covered baker can be easy to clean, depending on the dish you are cooking. Crockpots may require more soaking and scrubbing for certain dishes, while deep covered bakers may have to be hand washed and may not be dishwasher safe. It ultimately depends on personal preference and the specific recipe being cooked.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • Tean94
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • iteachurkid
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies