• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sweet Potatoes in the Dcb in Microwave?

In summary, the recipe for Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Apples calls for: -2 large sweet potatoes, sliced-1 apple - peeled, cored & thinly sliced-ground cinnamon to taste-brown sugar to taste-1/2 cup butterTo make the dish in the deep covered baker in the microwave: -mix everything up and divide into 4 portions-place on a aluminum foil-top each with the butter and tightly
ChefPaulaB
Hi,
I'm trying to convert a recipe and need a little help... The recipe is called Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Apples and it's made on the grill in 4 individual foil packets... I'd like to make it in he Deep Covered Baker in the Microwave but not sure how to adjust the time... Here is the recipe..

2 lg. sweet potatoes, sliced
1 apple - peeled, cored & thinly sliced
ground cinnamon to taste
brown sugar to taste
1/2 cup butter

Mix everything up and divide into 4 portions and place on a aluminum foil... top each with the butter and tightly seal. Grill for 40 minutes, turning every 5 to 10 minutes, until potatoes and apples are tender.

Any thoughts about a microwave DCB version? Mainly time wise, and on high or medium power? TIA!!!

Paula

I am a big fan of sweet potatoes! I would say to put all the ingredients in a deep dish baker, covered, and and on high 15-20 minutes, checking after 15. Also I would use the cinnamon plus and Carmel sprinkles or the cinnamon sprinkles. They would have a wonderful flavor! We made a similar dish for Thanksgiving last year and used a 1/2 cup of cranberries and some pineapple as well as some macadamia nuts. It was awesome in the DCB. Hope that helps!

I didn't think to use the sprinkles! That's a great idea... I have it all made and ready to go in the microwave, so I could still sprinkle some on. Thanks for the great idea! And thanks for the time line tips. I was thinking 30 minutes, but that might've been too long by the sounds of things. I haven't made very many micro dishes in my DCB... I always forget about it. So, I guess I need practice, I will start with 15 minutes and go from there. thanks again!

How did they turn out??

Ooh, I want to know how they turned out, too.... I just bought sweet potatoes today!! :)

They turned out really good. I think I used the Cinnamon Sprinkles and microwaved them for about 15 minutes. They tender and delicious. My 3 year old son loved them! I used about 1/4 cup brown sugar and lots of cinnamon, and I believe I used 1/4 cup butter... but that can be adjusted to taste and the amount of sweet potatoes and apples you use. The vegetable peeler and UM made quick work of peeling and slicing the sweet potatoes, so that was great too. Will definitely make these again! Thanks for the help!

Were the sweet potatoes boiled first?

Andrea

Nope, just peeled them and sliced them and put them in raw.

1. What is the DCB and how does it work for cooking sweet potatoes in the microwave?

The DCB (Deep Covered Baker) is a stoneware dish that is designed to be used in the microwave. It works by trapping in the steam from the food, which helps to cook it evenly and retain moisture.

2. Do I need to add water or oil when cooking sweet potatoes in the DCB?

No, you do not need to add any additional liquid when cooking sweet potatoes in the DCB. The natural moisture from the potatoes will be enough to create steam and cook them perfectly.

3. How long does it take to cook sweet potatoes in the DCB in the microwave?

The cooking time will vary depending on the size and quantity of sweet potatoes, but on average it takes about 10-12 minutes to cook them in the DCB in the microwave.

4. Can I add other ingredients to the sweet potatoes while they cook in the DCB?

Yes, you can add other ingredients such as butter, herbs, or spices to the sweet potatoes before cooking them in the DCB. This will add flavor and enhance the overall dish.

5. Can I use the DCB to cook other types of potatoes in the microwave?

Yes, the DCB can be used to cook a variety of potatoes in the microwave, including regular potatoes, purple potatoes, and even yams. Just follow the same instructions for cooking sweet potatoes in the DCB.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Dotty
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies