• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Cornish Hens in the Deep Covered Baker: Tips and Tricks

J
jen5512
Has anyone tried to cook cornish hens in the Deep Covered Baker? I'm going to try it tonight for my family (so I can tell people about it) and was wondering if I should do it in the oven or in the micro? Any suggestions?

Oh, I can't wait to hear your results. I have two in my freezer and may try them this weekend. Good luck. I'd keep a thermometer handy as they may cook pretty quickly if you use the microwave.

Please do keep us posted...let us know if both fit in the DCB....time it took, any special steps and of course, the result! :D

Okay, I have never actually eaten a cornish hen! Does it taste "just like chicken"? Or is it more gamey tasting? I get weirded out trying new stuff! Unless it is a new way to make chocolate!!!!

It tastes like chicken to me... and I'm pretty picky about meat- I don't really eat much red meat at all (even though I'm married to a hunter! :) You should give it a try!
You can get quite a bit of meat off of them for the price...
I'm about to start my dinner... going to try two of them seasoned up in the micro. We'll see! :)

Okay... so it worked! I put two in and they fit really well. I followed the 30 min chicken method... washed them, put a little olive oil on them and then I just put our Rosemary Seasoning on it. 20 minutes uncovered in the microwave then let it sit about 10. It tasted good and my husband just now asked "you made that in the microwave??" so I guess you couldn't tell. I'm still not sure what I think about cooking meat in the micro but it did beat having the oven on for an hour and a half! We don't eat them all that much, but it's definitely one more thing to add to list of possibilities when pushing the DCB at shows! :)

Forgot to mention... I checked with a thermometer at 20 min... and it was done... different microwaves might be different so make sure you check.

Jen....thanks so much for the details and report! Guess what I'm buying tomorrow? lol

Really am excited at how versatile the DCB is.....

1. Can I cook cornish hens in the Deep Covered Baker?

Yes, you can definitely cook cornish hens in the Deep Covered Baker. It is a great way to prepare them as it helps to retain moisture and flavors.

2. Should I cook the cornish hens in the oven or in the microwave?

It is recommended to cook the cornish hens in the oven for the best results. The Deep Covered Baker is oven-safe and allows for even cooking and browning.

3. How long should I cook the cornish hens in the Deep Covered Baker?

The cooking time will depend on the size of the cornish hens. As a general guide, it is recommended to cook them for 20-25 minutes per pound at 375°F in the oven.

4. Do I need to marinate the cornish hens before cooking?

While it is not necessary, marinating the cornish hens can add additional flavor to the dish. You can marinate them for a few hours or even overnight for maximum flavor.

5. How do I know when the cornish hens are fully cooked?

The best way to ensure the cornish hens are fully cooked is to use a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should reach 165°F for safe consumption.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • Tara Volpenhein
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • PCSarahjm