• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Cook a Small Turkey in the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker?

In summary, the Deep Covered Baker is a ceramic baking dish with a lid that traps in steam and heat for evenly cooked dishes. It can be used to cook a whole turkey without the need for additional liquid, with a recommended cooking time of 2-2.5 hours at 400°F for a 10-12 pound turkey. It is also versatile and can be used for other meats, vegetables, and desserts.
floccies
Has anyone cooked a small turkey in the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker? I "donated" my regular roaster (not PC) in order to make room for my PC stuff. -- I don't make a whole Turkey very often -- and that is what DH wants me to cook for Christmas. I was just wondering if Turkeys come small enough to fit in the deep covered baker.

Maybe a turkey breast will fit, but I doubt you will find a turkey small enough to fit.

You might be able to fit a small turkey in the 9x13 baker....

Just curious: does anyone know why PC got rid of the huge stone baker? My mom bought one before I became a consultant and she uses it for everything and LOVES it. I'd love to get my hands on one! One of my guests this month said they made their Thanksgiving turkey in it this year and it was the best turkey they ever had. Guess I'm just a little jealous. ;)

I've made turkey breast (half of a large, fresh breast) twice in the cranberry DCB. Once in the oven, once in the micro. Liked it both ways.

What is the Deep Covered Baker and how does it work?

The Deep Covered Baker is a ceramic baking dish with a lid that can be used in the oven or microwave. It works by trapping in steam and heat, resulting in delicious and evenly cooked dishes.

Can I use the Deep Covered Baker to cook a whole turkey?

Yes, you can use the Deep Covered Baker to cook a whole turkey. The large size and deep design of the baker make it perfect for roasting a turkey up to 14 pounds.

Do I need to add any liquid to the Deep Covered Baker when cooking a turkey?

No, you do not need to add any liquid when cooking a turkey in the Deep Covered Baker. The turkey will release its own juices as it cooks, creating a flavorful and moist result.

How long does it take to cook a turkey in the Deep Covered Baker?

The cooking time for a turkey in the Deep Covered Baker will vary depending on the size of the turkey and your oven's temperature. However, a general guideline is to cook a 10-12 pound turkey for 2-2.5 hours at 400°F.

Can I use the Deep Covered Baker to cook other meats besides turkey?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is versatile and can be used to cook other meats such as chicken, beef, and pork. It is also great for baking casseroles, roasting vegetables, and making desserts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • Bren706
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • susanr613