• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Turkey in the Rectangle Baker and Lid/Bowl?

In summary, using the Rectangular Lid/Bowl and Rectangular Baker, Tiffany was able to cook a turkey in about 1 1/2 hours, with juices that were so juicy, it was amazing. She also recommends a high temp for the first few minutes to kill any bacteria, and then turning the oven down to about
tloudermilk
Hey Ladies -

wondering if anyone has made a turkey using the Rectangular Lid/Bowl and Rectangular Baker? If so, did you make any adjustments to cooking time, temp, or add any liquid to the recipe? I'm hosting Thanksgiving at my house for the first time this year, and I want my turkey to come out great! I have a non-PC roasting pan, but I'm thinking stoneware would give me better results. I'd love to hear success stories...

Tiffany

OKay, it's been a while but I have, and I've done it both ways, with the turkey actually baked in the lid, with the baker on top, and the traditional way of baking it which is in the rectangle baker with the lid on top. I remember that each time the stone on top actuall rested on the turkey, I was nervous about that the first time but I got big compliments! And the skin turned out real nice and golden brown! I always make it with peices of stick butter cut thin and tucked under the skin, on the meat and sprigs of rosemary and slices of lemon and garlice cloves inside the cavity, I also rub olive oil or garlic oil on the skin and I rub raw garlic on it. I sprink it with our rosemary herb seasoning. I don't do any other liquid because the baker just makes all the natural juices come out! I've baked it many ways: at a constant temperature, and I've maked it at a high temp first and then 300 for the rest of the time. But my favourite way of doing it was when I baked it for about 75-90 minutes on 350-375 heat, then turned my oven way down to like 200 and slow cooked it all day for about 12 hours, I got it ready the night before and then just put it in the oven at about 4:00 in the morning. I did this method about twice I think about 3-4 years ago, the last 2 years I used the roasting pan. But the stone is a great way too! I do the roasting pan though, because I like making 20 pound turkeys, the stone can only handle about 12-13 pounds. Okay, now that I've scratched the cobwebs of my mind:D , I hope this helps! Good luck! Happy turkey baking to you!:balloon:

I use the digital themometer and the lid w/the rect. baker. It cuts the time to about 1 1/2 hours and I do take the lid off the last 5-10 for more browning. SOOOOO juicy with the lid and butter too.

J.Corley said:
I use the digital themometer and the lid w/the rect. baker. It cuts the time to about 1 1/2 hours and I do take the lid off the last 5-10 for more browning. SOOOOO juicy with the lid and butter too.
Oh yeah, I forgot to say this too, yep, this is what I do too! Great minds think alike, Jennifer!:thumbup: :D :D ;)

MissChef said:
I've baked it many ways: at a constant temperature, and I've maked it at a high temp first and then 300 for the rest of the time. But my favourite way of doing it was when I baked it for about 75-90 minutes on 350-375 heat, then turned my oven way down to like 200 and slow cooked it all day for about 12 hours, I got it ready the night before and then just put it in the oven at about 4:00 in the morning. :balloon:

Thank you so much! That's exactly what I needed to hear. I've got a 13-pounder, so the stone should be fine. What high temp did you use for the shorter way? I don't think I really feel like getting up in the middle of the night to start my turkey :p

I did about 400, you know - I got it from a food network recipe, I would look in foodnetwork.com look up turkey/thanksgiving recipes and there will be a lot of recipes in there! there is a link in there for holidays too.
I always do a high temp first because it kill all the bacteria, then I turn it down to about 300 and bake it for 3-4 hours, do you have a digital thermometer? It takes the hard work out of it. By the way, even though I did it in a roaster, I still basted it from time to time!
Good luck!:balloon:

Last edited:

What is the purpose of the rectangle baker and lid/bowl?

The rectangle baker and lid/bowl is specifically designed to make cooking turkey easier and more convenient. The lid/bowl can be used to marinate the turkey, while the baker can be used to cook and serve the turkey.

Can I use the rectangle baker and lid/bowl in the oven?

Yes, the rectangle baker and lid/bowl are oven-safe and can be used for cooking your turkey. The stoneware material helps to evenly distribute heat and ensure that the turkey is cooked to perfection.

Do I need to preheat the rectangle baker before using it?

No, the rectangle baker and lid/bowl do not require preheating. However, for best results, you can preheat the oven and place the baker in the oven while it preheats.

How do I clean the rectangle baker and lid/bowl?

The stoneware material makes it easy to clean the rectangle baker and lid/bowl. You can wash it with warm soapy water or put it in the dishwasher. Avoid using metal utensils to prevent scratching the surface.

Can I use the rectangle baker and lid/bowl for other dishes besides turkey?

Yes, the rectangle baker and lid/bowl can be used for various dishes such as casseroles, lasagna, and roasted vegetables. It is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used for many different recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• samcmills
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mom2leelee
  • sslangley
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
sslangley
  • BadGirl