1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Seafood lasagna, lid/bowl for rectangular baker

1. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I was going through some files and was updating some products that are listed in some recipes I have for handouts. I came across this recipe. I haven't made it before, so I'm not sure what a good substitute should be (foil?) instead of the lid/bowl to the rectangular baker. Any ideas?

Mar 17, 2009
  2. babywings76

Oops, it would help if I posted the recipe. :blushing:

Seafood Lasagna

9 uncooked lasagna noodles 1 1/2 cups green onions with tops, sliced
    1 (10 3/4 oz) can condensed cream of shrimp soup 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
    1/4 cup milk 1 tsp olive oil
    1 (15 oz) container ricotta cheese 4 garlic cloves, pressed
    1 egg 12 oz frozen, cooked medium shrimp, thawed
    1 oz fresh Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup) 1 (8 oz) pkg flake or chunk style imitation crabmeat
    5 Tbls fresh parsley, snipped, divided 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
    1/4 tsp ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Mix soup and milk in 1 Qt Batter Bowl; set aside. In Classic 2 Qt Batter Bowl, mix ricotta cheese and egg. Using Rotary Grater, grate Parmesan cheese into Batter Bowl. Snip parsley using Kitchen Shears. Reserve 1 tablespoon. Add remaining 4 tablespoons parsley and black pepper to Batter Bowl; mix well and set aside. Slice green onions with Chef's Knife. Chop bell pepper and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Remove pan from heat. Cut each shrimp crosswise in half. Coarsely flake crabmeat. Add seafood to vegetables. To assemble lasagna, spread 1/4 cup of the soup mixture over bottom of Rectangular Baker. Top with 3 noodles. Spread half of the ricotta mixture over noodles. Sprinkle with half of the vegetable seafood mixture and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers of noodles, ricotta mixture, vegetable seafood mixture and mozzarella cheese. Top with remaining 3 noodles. Spread with remaining soup mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover Baker with Rectangular Lid/Bowl. Bake 35 minutes. Carefully remove Lid/Bowl, lifting away from you. Continue baking 10-15 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Remove from oven; sprinkle with reserved parsley. Let stand 15 minutes. Cut into squares; serve using Large Serving Spatula. Makes 12 servings.

Mar 17, 2009
  3. babywings76

no ideas huh? Maybe I'll just delete it from the file. I hate seafood anyway, so I can't make it and recommend it. ;)

Mar 17, 2009
  4. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I'd use foil, or a large bar pan as a lid.

Mar 17, 2009
  5. LeslieSGI

LeslieSGI Member Gold Member

That sounds yummy to a Florida girl. I'm saving this recipe. Thanks. ​

Mar 18, 2009
  6. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

That sounds delicious!

My first thought would be to size it so that I could make it in the DCB!

Mar 18, 2009
  7. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

The Large Bar Pan does work as a lid for the Rectangular Baker. That was one of the tips that was passed along at meetings in my group when the Rect. Lid/Bowl was first discontinued. Which is handy when you want to make a full batch. But cutting the recipe down for the DCB would be good, too.

Mar 18, 2009
Have something to add?