1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Seafood lasagna, lid/bowl for rectangular baker

1. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I was going through some files and was updating some products that are listed in some recipes I have for handouts. I came across this recipe. I haven't made it before, so I'm not sure what a good substitute should be (foil?) instead of the lid/bowl to the rectangular baker. Any ideas?

Mar 17, 2009
  2. babywings76

Oops, it would help if I posted the recipe. :blushing:

Seafood Lasagna

9 uncooked lasagna noodles 1 1/2 cups green onions with tops, sliced
    1 (10 3/4 oz) can condensed cream of shrimp soup 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
    1/4 cup milk 1 tsp olive oil
    1 (15 oz) container ricotta cheese 4 garlic cloves, pressed
    1 egg 12 oz frozen, cooked medium shrimp, thawed
    1 oz fresh Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup) 1 (8 oz) pkg flake or chunk style imitation crabmeat
    5 Tbls fresh parsley, snipped, divided 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
    1/4 tsp ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Mix soup and milk in 1 Qt Batter Bowl; set aside. In Classic 2 Qt Batter Bowl, mix ricotta cheese and egg. Using Rotary Grater, grate Parmesan cheese into Batter Bowl. Snip parsley using Kitchen Shears. Reserve 1 tablespoon. Add remaining 4 tablespoons parsley and black pepper to Batter Bowl; mix well and set aside. Slice green onions with Chef's Knife. Chop bell pepper and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Remove pan from heat. Cut each shrimp crosswise in half. Coarsely flake crabmeat. Add seafood to vegetables. To assemble lasagna, spread 1/4 cup of the soup mixture over bottom of Rectangular Baker. Top with 3 noodles. Spread half of the ricotta mixture over noodles. Sprinkle with half of the vegetable seafood mixture and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers of noodles, ricotta mixture, vegetable seafood mixture and mozzarella cheese. Top with remaining 3 noodles. Spread with remaining soup mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover Baker with Rectangular Lid/Bowl. Bake 35 minutes. Carefully remove Lid/Bowl, lifting away from you. Continue baking 10-15 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Remove from oven; sprinkle with reserved parsley. Let stand 15 minutes. Cut into squares; serve using Large Serving Spatula. Makes 12 servings.

Mar 17, 2009
  3. babywings76

no ideas huh? Maybe I'll just delete it from the file. I hate seafood anyway, so I can't make it and recommend it. ;)

Mar 17, 2009
  4. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I'd use foil, or a large bar pan as a lid.

Mar 17, 2009
  5. LeslieSGI

LeslieSGI Member Gold Member

That sounds yummy to a Florida girl. I'm saving this recipe. Thanks. ​

Mar 18, 2009
  6. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

That sounds delicious!

My first thought would be to size it so that I could make it in the DCB!

Mar 18, 2009
  7. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

The Large Bar Pan does work as a lid for the Rectangular Baker. That was one of the tips that was passed along at meetings in my group when the Rect. Lid/Bowl was first discontinued. Which is handy when you want to make a full batch. But cutting the recipe down for the DCB would be good, too.

Mar 18, 2009
Have something to add?