• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Streamline Your Multiple Shows with These Organizing Tips!

In summary, this expert summarizer has spoken with six live cooking shows and four book shows for February. They are all going to hold, and their head is spinning. They need a better system to keep track of things, and have designated days for specific activities such as hosting coaching and paperwork.
chefsteph07
Ok guys, as I sit here, I currently have 6 live cooking shows and 4 book shows for Feb...I spoke w/ all of them tonight and it looks like they are all going to hold....my head is spinning... (I am NOT complaining)

I need to ask all of you who do more than 3-4 shows a month, HOW do you keep track of everything? I am committed to being more organized this year, actually DOING host coaching, etc. Usually when I have alot of shows, my desk is full of sticky notes, notes on notebooks, checks an order forms everywhere, etc. I need a better system to keep track of things and at least APPEAR professional!

Before anyone says "make a spreadsheet"...I'm not going to do it!
LOL
Any tips you can give would be appreciated for you seasoned people who can keep it all together!

I use the host guide provided by PC and I have sticky notes in my calendar marking their date or the day to close their catalog show. You can write notes on either piece to help remind you of recipes, messages you left, etc. This is the only thing that kept me sane when I did 10 shows last November.

Go to COnsultants corner and print out the host info sheet and actually use it! Crazy, I know but it helps. I also 3 hole punch them and stick them with my calendar in a binder. I also, when I first started having a consistent busier show schedule I designated days for specific activites. I host coached on wednesdays and I closed shows on thursdays, I did team stuff on mondays and Paperwork on Tuesdays.
Hope that gives you some ideas! Congrats :)

I put all my host coaching reminders in my calendar and store each host's info in a seperate folder. I use the host coaching checklist because i can store lots in information on it, such as tax, the recipe and the calls. I print driving directions on the back.

good luck with your shows!

I take a large (10X13) envelope and write show info on the outside. I have attached my little guide. Then I write my notes from each call on the back left side and the directions to the Host's house on the back right side. I put inside the envelope the guest list and any other info for the show I have before hand. I take this with me to the show and I put all my orders and payments inside.

It's so easy to keep track of what is going on with each show because I just have to look on the back of the envelope and see when I spoke to her last and what we discussed.

For example I peeked at my current show envelopes and tomorrow I have to pick up checks from two shows, call three Hosts and mail one Host her sales recipes and Thank you letter.

I hope this helps. :)

Attachments

• Cooking Show Pkt.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 413
Crystal Patton said:
I take a large (10X13) envelope and write show info on the outside. I have attached my little guide. Then I write my notes from each call on the back left side and the directions to the Host's house on the back right side. I put inside the envelope the guest list and any other info for the show I have before hand. I take this with me to the show and I put all my orders and payments inside.

It's so easy to keep track of what is going on with each show because I just have to look on the back of the envelope and see when I spoke to her last and what we discussed.

For example I peeked at my current show envelopes and tomorrow I have to pick up checks from two shows, call three Hosts and mail one Host her sales recipes and Thank you letter.

I REALLY like this idea...
And umm...I never even knew about a host guide...DOH! I TOLD you I'm unorganzied!

One of the Directors from our Kickoff Saturday said she had a binder with 1-31 tabs and Jan - Dec tabs. She uses the numbers to put in the Host Sheet under the dates she will contact. After the Show closes, she puts the sheet behind the month tab. She files out a new one on each Host even if they have hosted before to record any updates, etc. I intend to do this for my Hosts this year since I am going to have to have 6-10 shows per month to make my goal to Disney!

Seriously, never knew. Well, you should be kickin' Butt with these suggestions then!
I like crystal's idea, but it takes a level of organization I am not ready for! LOL, let us know what works for you :)

I think having certain days of the week for certain activities is great if you are feeling overwhelmed (it's auto control almost). You have to be flexible, but for the majority, it could work. If you have paperwork everywhere (I HEAR YOU! My January has been strangely busy and my office shows it), then an envelope/folder/file is crucial. If you plan to reuse it, then use stickies on the front. Otherwise, you can write info. I use the host info sheet too. I love the idea of printing the map on the back. DUH! But I also write notes there. Keeping it with your calendar is smart if you keep your calendar with you.Good luck! I look forward to hearing more ideas as I'm trying to increase shows too.

Crystal Patton said:

I love Crystal's idea! Right now, I have a large white dry erase board on my wall in the office. I have it divided in 4 boxes and have one section devoted to keeping my list of hot leads and bookings I got that I have to be following up with. In another section, I write the current month and make a list of all my shows. Then I check mark things like: send packet, call, invitations, call, close show, receipts and thank you. Then another square section is devoted to the next month's hosts, the last square I keep open to make notes on new leads I get and a place to take quick notes if I get a call in a hurry. It's not the best system, I know. But I'm a very visual person, so if I see it-it's better for me. I have too much paper clutter and create piles easily, so this helps me. But this envelope idea I think will work really well for me. Thanks! :)

Monday call this week's hosts for host coaching
Tuesday call next week's hosts
Wednesday call the people who are scheduled further out than that.

That alone has helped me a TON!! Making the calls only takes about 20 minutes on each of those days, if that long. Then I can still touch base with my team on Monday and close parties on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Oh and congratulations on the pick-up in your business!

All of these ideas are GREAT...I am using Wednesdays to make calls to my live hosts (did this last night and it took me less than a half hour) and tonight I am going to call my catalog hosts...

I struggle sometimes when I have a lot of shows in a month with keeping guest receipts, checks, etc all organized and together, etc. I do think that Crystal's envelope system will work for me, that way I can just stuff everything together. I didn't know if I should be paper clipping checks to receipts or what!

I think we should keep the ideas coming, it sounds like others are going to use some of these tips too!

I like the envelope system, and was thinking about my sheet I use. I like the sheet with all the information and want to keep it. Here is my sheet I think I got it from here somewhere, but unsure of where or the author.

Attachments

• Host_Info_Sheet-Duska[1].doc
    35 KB · Views: 325
With the show stuff I do it this way...
Morning after show. Put all orders in the computer and log there payments. After I do that I fill out the bank slip and sign them all and put them in a regular envelope with the hosts name on it. I then make out my host info sheets for the bookings and anyother things that are notewd on the reciept. I then staple all the reciepts together, write the hosts name on the front and put it in my file for CCC next month. Then I send my thanks email and go to the bank :)
When I close the show it is usually over the phone so I ask the host for her to collect cash or checks made out to her or credit cards, then she pays for everything on her card and we are done!
Hope that helps :)

I must say- after looking at the ones on CC (Download Center - under Printable Materials CD - which means you probably have them on your CD in your Business Guide :) ) - I think those look pretty thorough and simple. I'm all for not reinventing the wheel! But I do like the envelope idea from Crystal, too.

1. How can I keep track of all the details for multiple shows at once?

It is important to stay organized when managing multiple shows. Consider creating a spreadsheet or using a planning app to keep track of dates, host information, and any special requests or details for each show. This will help you stay on top of things and ensure that no important details are forgotten.

2. What is the best way to schedule shows to maximize bookings?

One effective way to schedule shows is by clustering them in a specific geographic area. This allows you to minimize travel time and expenses while maximizing the number of shows you can fit into a day or weekend. Additionally, consider reaching out to potential hosts who have attended previous shows or expressed interest in hosting in the past.

3. How do I handle cancellations or rescheduling of shows?

Cancellations or rescheduling of shows can happen for various reasons. The key is to keep open communication with your hosts and be flexible. If a show needs to be canceled or rescheduled, work with the host to find a new date that works for both of you. If necessary, you can also offer to find a replacement host for the original date.

4. What are some ways to incentivize hosts to book more shows?

There are several ways to incentivize hosts to book more shows. You can offer special discounts or free products for hosts who book a certain number of shows within a specific time frame. You can also create a referral program where hosts can earn rewards for referring new hosts. Additionally, make sure to recognize and appreciate your hosts for their hard work and dedication.

5. How can I effectively manage the inventory for multiple shows?

It is important to keep track of your inventory to ensure that you have enough products available for shows. Consider creating a spreadsheet or using an inventory management tool to keep track of your products and their quantities. This will help you know when to restock and how much inventory to bring to each show. You can also consider offering a pre-order option for hosts to help you manage inventory more efficiently.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered2007
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • babywings76