• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Efficiently Organizing Receipts from Past Shows | Tips & Tricks

In summary, most people keep their receipts for past shows in a folder with the host's name on the label tab. They keep them for 3 years before shredding them.
stefani2
I am curious how people organize their receipts from past shows?

How long do you keep the receipts for before shredding them?

I keep the receipts for each show in a folder with the host's name on the label tab. I just started in Sept, so I don't have that many...yet...
I'd love to hear how everyone else does there's to see if there's an better/easier way :)

I keep business receipts for 3 years. That's how long the IRS will go back to audit you. (if that hasn't changed)

Oh, wait. . . you're from Canada. Do you have an IRS? Probably something like it. You should probably google information on how long to keep them for Canada.

I keep them about 30 days then shred them.

jrodeo said:
Oh, wait. . . you're from Canada. Do you have an IRS? Probably something like it. You should probably google information on how long to keep them for Canada.

Ya - I think we have to keep them for seven years ?????

Are you talking about guests' receipts or about your receipts for different expenses? I keep all my receipts for expenses since I started 4+ years ago. Figure I'll keep them 5 or so years and then chuck them. If Canada Revenue comes after that I'll say 'oops, didn't know LOL'

As for guest's order forms...I enter them, keep them until they receive their order and then shred them. I have everything in PP and backed up if I need to get them a new receipt. For the first year of my business I filed the o/o forms by month and I had 3/4 of a filing cabinet drawer after one year and thought 'this is nuts!'. So I started shredding and have ever since.

I was talking about the Guest Receipts, Jodi. But I am still the same way - I am keeping most of the Consultant Copy of the receipt - I guess just because I have it- but as I get busier with my business, the receipt piles is drastically getting bigger! I need a solution - or just need to be re-acquainted with my Paper Shredder.....

stefani2 said:
I am curious how people organize their receipts from past shows?

How long do you keep the receipts for before shredding them?

I was just coming to ask a similar question, so I will tag it on here. Do you print an extra copy of the P3 receipts for your own records, or do you just keep it "in the computer"?

turtle15 said:
I was just coming to ask a similar question, so I will tag it on here. Do you print an extra copy of the P3 receipts for your own records, or do you just keep it "in the computer"?

I think most are just keeping them in their computer program - but YOU NEED TO DO REGULAR BACK-UPS then.

stefani2 said:
I think most are just keeping them in their computer program - but YOU NEED TO DO REGULAR BACK-UPS then.

I do! Thanks!

1. How should I categorize my receipts from past shows?

It is important to categorize your receipts by the type of expense, such as food, supplies, or mileage. This will make it easier to track your expenses and determine your profit.

2. What is the best way to store my receipts?

It is recommended to use a filing system or binder with labeled tabs for each category of expense. This will help you easily find and organize your receipts.

3. Can I use digital receipts for my past shows?

Yes, you can use digital receipts as long as they include all the necessary information, such as the date, vendor, and total amount. It is also important to keep a backup of these digital receipts in case of any technical issues.

4. How often should I organize my receipts?

To stay on top of your expenses, it is recommended to organize your receipts at least once a month. This will also make it easier to file your taxes at the end of the year.

5. Are there any tools or resources to help with organizing receipts?

There are various accounting software and apps available that can help you keep track of your receipts and expenses. Some popular options include QuickBooks, Expensify, and Shoeboxed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stephgsl1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sandilou
  • ChefZee
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • Tracy99