• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Compact Organizing Tips for Small Spaces: Chefs Share Their Secrets

In summary, the woman has a computer table and a small file cabinet for organizing her party files. She also has a rack for holding her current party folders and a small bin for keeping her catalog. She has a separate cupboard for organizing her receipts, invitations, and specials.
ChefZee
I don't want to dedicate a whole piece of furniture to my business, but I have a pretty decent sized shelf in our utility closet. I would like some "compact" organizing tips from my fellow chefs. What do you file, how do you file, what else do you keep a stock of (with coordinating creative containers)

I was also wondering: Do I need to hang on to al my customers' receipts? I was thinking about shredding the bottom part with their credit card info, but then realized I would probably need their signature. How do you destroy that info? A sharpie?

Thanks ladies and gents!

I'm a brand new consultant and am definitely looking forward to this thread!

Not that my organization is the best by any means, but perhaps you'll find an idea you like. I have a computer table, my phone is on the left, and on the right is a rack that holds my current party folders, the computer is in the middle. These folders are ones for future and current parties (along with ones that I have not gleaned all the emails from yet). Inside each folder is a Host Form that helps me keep track of all the vital info for any given party. Next to my desk is a small, 2-drawer file cabinet. After I have finalized a party and the associated emails (which I use for my newsletter--I archaically keep the email addresses in a continuous word file) I file them away in the top drawer. In the bottom drawer I keep supplies--folders, Host Packet folders, new bags of pens, etc.On top of the file cabinet sits a bin with the current catalog, note pads, binder with the specials and some recipes in it, and my trusty calculator.I have a separate 2-shelved cupboard that I keep catalogs, receipts, drawing slips, recipes, invitations, SB's in.Good luck with your organization. You'll find it will evolve over time.

1. How can I maximize storage in a small kitchen?

One tip is to utilize vertical space by installing shelves or hanging racks. You can also use the inside of cabinet doors for extra storage with hooks or magnetic strips. Another idea is to invest in multi-functional kitchen tools that can save space.

2. What are some creative ways to organize a small pantry?

Consider using stackable bins or baskets to group similar items together and save space. You can also use clear containers or jars to store dry goods and see what you have at a glance. Utilizing the inside of the pantry door for spice racks or hanging storage can also help maximize space.

3. How do I keep a small fridge organized?

To keep a small fridge organized, try using clear bins or trays to group similar items together. Utilizing the door for condiments and the top shelf for frequently used items can also help save space. Make sure to regularly clean out expired or unused items to keep the fridge clutter-free.

4. What are some tips for organizing a small bedroom?

One idea is to use under-the-bed storage for items like extra linens or out-of-season clothing. You can also use vertical space with shelves or wall-mounted organizers. Another tip is to declutter regularly and only keep essential items in the bedroom.

5. How can I make the most of a small closet?

Utilizing closet organizers like hanging shelves or shoe racks can help maximize space. Another tip is to utilize the inside of the closet door for hanging jewelry or accessories. You can also try using slim hangers or folding clothes in a way that saves space.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pckrissy
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
thecougchef
  • tinat51796
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • PamperYourKitchen