• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Stay Organized? Tips and Tricks for Managing Your Busy Life

In summary, Rae keeps a file for each show until 30 days after it's submitted, she records the confirmation number, date, and time when she transmits the show, she uses a phone log to make CC calls, she keeps a small notebook by her computer for notes to herself, and she files show paperwork under "Hot, Medium, Mild.".
Kathytnt
I need help - Bigtime

I want to know how each of your does the things

Do you keep a file for all hosts?? WHat do your do with it after the show

Where do you keep your drawing slips - Do you use PP or PWS for storing contacts or something else

How do you handle e-mail etc.

I am getting busier and busier and I want to stay organized

Do you have a phone log to keep track of all phone communications??

Hubby and I also use the Yahoo calendar feature so he is up to date with what is on my PC calandar etc. But I better get better about keeping it updated!

Everyone on our team jokes about how obsessivly organized I am, so I'll tell you what I do.
Leads- I have a steno pad that I staple the lead slip in. On their page I make dates and notes of each phone call.
On my computer- I have so much stuff, mainly from this site, that if I didn't keep my files organized, I wouldn't be able to find anything. In my documents I have a file named PC. Inside that I have many categories including recipes(which inside that file I have them broken down even more), booking ideas, monthly stuff (may, june, july, etc with OOF, specials and such), products (which has recipes by products and care info), fair materials, you get the idea!
I use my black recruiting binder as my contact book. I took out the recruiting stuff and put in the page seperators with all the months and past hosts. I put my host info form in there according to the month they are having their show. When the show closes, I put them in the past host section alphebetically. I also keep my lead book in there, upcoming special flyers and info about the business. That way, when I'm on the phone or out and about, I have everything I need.
For my e mail, all my contact info is in a file named pampered chef on my email address book. That way, when I send newsletters, I don't have to search through deciding each one I want to send it too. With so many contacts now, I've had to break that down even farther with 1newsletter, 2newsletter, etc. This way I just type that title in the Bcc field and send.
I hope this helps!

I keep a file for each show, until about 30 days after it's submitted. On the outside of the folder, I write the recipe I made, the number of guests expected, and any additional notes. I also record the confirmation number, date, and time when I transmit the show.

At the beginning of a new month, I empty out any folders for shows over 30 days old.

I make sure I enter all the information from my survey slips entered into PP. This includes all contact information, wish list items, etc.

I use a phone log when I make CC calls, but I also keep a small notebook by my computer for notes to myself. I make note in it whenever someone calls or emails with something I need to follow up. I also make note when I've taken care of that action. This way I don't have to remember whether I took care of something or not.

These systems work for me. I'm sure you'll find something that works well for you.

I also use email groups to keep track of who wants to receive my enewsletter. It's much easier than remembering each month who wants one and who doesn't.

raebates said:
At the beginning of a new month, I empty out any folders for shows over 30 days old.

I make sure I enter all the information from my survey slips entered into PP. This includes all contact information, wish list items, etc.

Rae, Do you shred or throw away all paperwork at that time? Just curious. Both of you have great systems that I need to adopt.

Thanks!

Actually, we live out in the middle of nowhere, so we burn anything with personal information.

I only keep the host info form in that black binder. This has all of their show info including the recipes we did and show totals. Everything else, such as copies of the 3ply receipts, I shred at show closing.

I remembered I had a large index card file. I am going to take my drawing slip and attach each one to a large index card.

I am going to file them under Hot, Medium, Mild - Almost like Salsa

They will not get filed until I double-check that they are in P3 Correctly

Now that I know all the special up until August I will make Guest special labels that I put on the catalogs

I will also print out OOF and H & G special forms as soon as they are available and have a file folder created for them to put together packets right away.

I also have an online ordering label for each catalog to assist guest with creating an online order.

I am trying so hard to get organized - I want thing to flow better in my office. I would love to become a director but not if it drive my hubby away because I am spending so much time in the office and not with him.

Just remember that it may take several tries to get a system that works well for you. We're all different (some of us more than others) and what works for my brain may not work for yours. Don't be discouraged if you try something and it isn't a perfect fit. You can always try something else.

Do most people just toss the paper receipts? Do you keep the show summary or just the host info sheet? I find that I have people that combine orders a lot so the order forms may have them listed separately. I wish that we had a place for notes on an order in P3, but not sure where they'd store them. I'm struggling with organization too. I find that I am constantly organizing and not doing the things to make money. However, I can't make phone calls in chaos. It's not THAT bad, but sometimes it feels that way. Kids! I remember when my house was easier and I had more time to keep a clean house. Funny, since I'm home more! Thanks for the ideas! I think everyone can use more organizational ideas, just in case one resonates with them. I love the host binder. I don't do that, but REALLY should! Much easier for calling for more bookings.OH...and Rae, you say you empty the folders, but you wrote important info on them, so do you keep the empty folders or reuse them?

Hi All. Something I have started lately...

Due to my busy schedule, I am not always here at home in my home office with all my contact info when I'm ready to make cust care calls or host coaching calls. So, I have created a book that keeps all my past customers, past hosts, possible bookings, and possible recruits,,,, so I can carry all of it with me at all times. Its so very helpful to me, since I spend alot of time in my car. (I still have a part time software job and commute.)

From this point forward, I plan to print out the contact list each time I close a show and stick it in my book. That way I always have it. Its working for me!

HTH,

I am hoping to get some additona good tips at Conference. The Organization classe was one of the most important ones for me at Conference

I have to tell you I am not organized at all, it drives me insane but I am slowly getting better. Baby steps, Baby steps!!!!!Thanks for the great tips. Where is Jilleysue she will shape you up and ship you out.

brodys_mama said:
Hi All. Something I have started lately...

Due to my busy schedule, I am not always here at home in my home office with all my contact info when I'm ready to make cust care calls or host coaching calls. So, I have created a book that keeps all my past customers, past hosts, possible bookings, and possible recruits,,,, so I can carry all of it with me at all times. Its so very helpful to me, since I spend alot of time in my car. (I still have a part time software job and commute.)

From this point forward, I plan to print out the contact list each time I close a show and stick it in my book. That way I always have it. Its working for me!

HTH,

I love my lead book. It is basically the same thing you have. I have added other stuff to mine as well. We had a thread about it earlier and here it is:

http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=18044

I have been trying a new system this year and it seems to work out well sp far... I have a 3 ring binder 3in in which I have those clear sheet protectors, each one is for a different host. I have the Host info sheet in front and all the drawing slips and receipts inside with the checks until I close and deposit everything together and send thank you etc...this has also worked well for any events I have (fairs, home and garden). And I do shredd not throw away.

Kathytnt said:
Now that I know all the special up until August I will make Guest special labels that I put on the catalogs
I also have an online ordering label for each catalog to assist guest with creating an online order.

What do these labels look like? Where do you put them on the catalog? Are they removable or do you just put new labels over the old ones when the months change?
I am SOOOOOO organized in my PT job that it is really driving me crazy NOT be organized with my PC stuff. But when you have kids climbing on you (like my 3 year old is doing right now), it is hard to think and file, much less make any phone calls!!!

1. How do you keep track of your schedule and appointments?

At Pampered Chef, we recommend using a planner or calendar to keep track of your schedule and appointments. This can be a physical planner or a digital one, whichever works best for you. We also suggest setting reminders and alerts on your phone or computer to help you stay on top of your schedule.

2. What is the best way to keep my workspace organized?

The key to keeping your workspace organized is to have designated areas for different tasks. Use containers or dividers to separate items and keep them in their designated area. Also, make it a habit to clean and declutter your workspace at the end of each day to start fresh the next day.

3. How can I manage my to-do list effectively?

We recommend using a to-do list app or a physical to-do list notebook to keep track of tasks. Prioritize your tasks by urgency and importance, and don't be afraid to delegate or say no to tasks that are not essential. Keep your to-do list updated and celebrate your accomplishments when tasks are completed.

4. What is the best way to store and organize kitchen tools and gadgets?

At Pampered Chef, we suggest using drawer dividers or organizers to keep kitchen tools and gadgets in their designated places. You can also use hanging racks or hooks to store larger items, and label containers to easily find and access items.

5. How do you maintain an organized pantry?

We recommend using a rotating system for pantry items, where older items are placed at the front and newer items are stored at the back. This will help prevent items from expiring and keep your pantry organized. Use clear containers or labels to easily identify items, and declutter your pantry regularly to get rid of expired or unused items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sandilou
  • cookingwithlove
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • pampered2007