• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Keeping Organized- Tracking What You've Done

In summary, someone suggested using a monthly calendar to help track tasks, and another person found a similar calendar in the Downloads.
esavvymom
Staff member
I've got a "good problem" I'm trying to figure out a quick/simple solution for.
Now that I have several cooking shows I've been 'juggling'- between host coaching, customer care, prepping shows, closing shows....How do you keep track of the tasks you've done, what you have to do, etc.?

I find that I'm juggling so many things (I'm a stay-at-home mom) and I may not jot down notes or to-dos...or "did I mail those invitations?" *lol*- ok that only happened once, but you get the idea.

PC has a great Customer Care Call Log- but I'm wondering about something similar for the regular tasks.

What works for you to stay organized with the multiple tasks?

Someone suggested at our last Cluster meeting ...to print off the Website the monthly calendar under "downloads" and use that for your notes, phone appt, duties! This way you could also take it with you if need be. I decided to try using the calendar on PPP...that way it's not ANOTHER place to go! I just know that for myself...I don't like things in too many places. I'm currently going through 4 days of drawing slips from Vendor Fairs that I just did...I sorted, wrote notes on the back, now I'm entering those I definitely need to follow up at a later date into PPP as a contact/task. Looking forward to seeing others ideas here...I been struggling with this for 8 years, I'm a single mom and work full time also...so it's, just as you...a true balancing act!!!

I write everything down on a oversized calender and then right before bed - I let the dog out - I lock the doors - turn out the lights and then I set at my desk and write down things that I need to do - I write it on wide ruled loose leaf paper - telephone calls, shopping, ordering, cleaning, appointments, visiting, etc.

I have been doing this now for about 4 months and it has been great

I am not saying that everything get done but it takes alot stress off of me. I don't have to remember everything

And when it is time to go to bed - I can stop thinking about what I need to do the next day because it is now written down

:chef:

...ha ha....I also CONTACTED those people on the drawing slips! See what I mean about too many places!!!!Good Luck...I too could use some ideas!!!!

cindylpal said:
Someone suggested at our last Cluster meeting ...to print off the Website the monthly calendar under "downloads" and use that for your notes, phone appt, duties! This way you could also take it with you if need be. I decided to try using the calendar on PPP...that way it's not ANOTHER place to go! I just know that for myself...I don't like things in too many places. I'm currently going through 4 days of drawing slips from Vendor Fairs that I just did...I sorted, wrote notes on the back, now I'm entering those I definitely need to follow up at a later date into PPP as a contact/task. Looking forward to seeing others ideas here...I been struggling with this for 8 years, I'm a single mom and work full time also...so it's, just as you...a true balancing act!!!
That's funny...I JUST found that calendar in the Downloads! I'm going to try it out. I had purchased a bound planner at OfficeMax, but I'm going to return it and just print my own from PC. I also found their Host Info Form that gives one page to track all the steps with Host Coaching by checking them off, and making note of the dates I made the calls. So at least that way I can know what I have and have not talked about or if I've sent the invites. :D.BY the way- I see in your profile cindylpal that you are from Algonquin Illinois! What a small world.?! My husband grew up there and his folks still live there (been in the same house for at least 30 yrs). We spent the week with them the week of Nat.Conf.

On the Eastside (older part of town)...might be neighbors??? I'm right off of Rt 62 and Eastgate...been in my home since '85!

cindylpal said:
On the Eastside (older part of town)...might be neighbors??? I'm right off of Rt 62 and Eastgate...been in my home since '85!

They are on the other side of the river- off of Huntington Dr/Hwy 31- a few blocks past the top of the hill on Huntington. We love to walk to the park at the top of that hill and look out over Algonquin and the river while the kids play at the park. :D

...well Bobby, keep in touch! Best of luck to you...sounds like you're off to an AWESOME start of your business!!!Now if we could just get ORGANIZED!!!

I had an idea in a dream the other night that I think I will try for organizing.. I have a number of six part accordion folders. I am going to label each section with a task. I'll have a sheet of paper for each host with her contact info and notes. Each section will have the task and the paper will be under the task that needs to be done. As the task is done, I can note it on the sheet (along with anything else I need to remember about the host or show). Then it will be moved to the next section. Once the show is over and all the customers have their items, I can transfer any notes I need to P3 and shred or file permanently that host. Now to implement it :)

This probably isn't quite what you need but...

Michaels right now has these "3 memo pads in 1" and one of them is Tasks/Errands/Contact. They are like $2 or $3 and they are in that aisle of $5 and under stuff. Anyway, it's spiral bound but tri-cut. I like it because I can separate out what I need to do vs. where I need to go vs. who I need to call.

I might have to go back and stock up on a few before they change out that aisle!

I think you need to just keep trying different things until you find SOMETHING that works for YOU!!! I know for myself, it can't be all over the place...I need to go to one place! I work full time as a Job Coach within our school dist....that's my goal before the end of summer, is to TRY and organize my PC things....I went from Consultant - to Team Leader in these past 2 months, and I've got to be more prepared for when I'll have less time during the school year. Just went through all my "documents" tonight...weeding through and deleting...placing in files...sometimes I feel I waste soooo much time just LOOKING for something I know I have!!!

When I set up a show I create a manila folder for the host. I put the host's name on the tab. I put the host's contact information in the folder. On the front of the folder I place a 2 x 4 label with a list of my host-coaching tasks. I check off each one as I do it. I keep those folders in a vertical file on my desk in order by show date. This helps me to check quickly on where I'm at in the process for a particular show. It also saves me those moments of panic when I can't remember if I did something. It's working for me right now.

cindylpal said:
Just went through all my "documents" tonight...weeding through and deleting...placing in files...sometimes I feel I waste soooo much time just LOOKING for something I know I have!!!

That is the story of my life!

Rae- I like your idea. Very simple! And I have just started to create folders for each show/host. Adding the list to the folder would be very simple. I think I could easily combine that with a more effective planner strategy of keeping track of my to-do's.

Lots of things to think about and start figuring out what works for me.

raebates said:
When I set up a show I create a manila folder for the host. I put the host's name on the tab. I put the host's contact information in the folder. On the front of the folder I place a 2 x 4 label with a list of my host-coaching tasks. I check off each one as I do it. I keep those folders in a vertical file on my desk in order by show date. This helps me to check quickly on where I'm at in the process for a particular show. It also saves me those moments of panic when I can't remember if I did something. It's working for me right now.

Awesome idea....I'll stea....I mean borrowing it! ;) I had a pretty good system, but this one seems easier plus everything is in one spot.

Question, what do you do with all of it once your show is over? I have another accordion file system for closed shows.

What are some tips for keeping track of my kitchen inventory?

1. Create a pantry inventory list: Keep a list of all the items in your pantry and update it regularly. This will help you keep track of what you have and avoid buying duplicates.

2. Use a whiteboard or chalkboard: Hang a whiteboard or chalkboard in your kitchen to write down items that you need to restock. This will serve as a visual reminder and help you stay organized.

3. Utilize storage containers: Use clear storage containers to store items like flour, sugar, and pasta. This will make it easier to see when you are running low on a particular item.

4. Keep a meal planning calendar: Plan out your meals for the week and write down any ingredients you need on a meal planning calendar. This will help you stay organized and avoid buying unnecessary items.

5. Invest in a kitchen inventory app: There are many apps available that can help you keep track of your kitchen inventory. These apps allow you to scan barcodes or manually enter items and keep track of expiration dates.

How can I stay on top of my kitchen cleaning tasks?

1. Create a cleaning schedule: Develop a weekly or monthly cleaning schedule and stick to it. This will help you stay on top of tasks and avoid feeling overwhelmed.

2. Use a timer: Set a timer for 15-20 minutes and focus on cleaning one area of your kitchen during that time. This will help you stay focused and make the task feel more manageable.

3. Delegate tasks: If you have family members or roommates, assign specific cleaning tasks to each person to share the workload.

4. Keep cleaning supplies within reach: Store cleaning supplies in a caddy or on a shelf in your kitchen so they are easily accessible when you need them.

5. Do a quick clean-up after every meal: Take a few minutes after each meal to wipe down countertops, wash dishes, and sweep the floors. This will prevent messes from piling up.

What are some ways to organize my kitchen utensils?

1. Use drawer dividers: Drawer dividers are a great way to keep utensils neatly organized in your kitchen drawers.

2. Hang utensils on a pegboard: Install a pegboard on your kitchen wall and hang utensils on it using hooks or clips.

3. Utilize a utensil holder: Keep frequently used utensils within reach by storing them in a utensil holder on your countertop.

4. Install a magnetic strip: Mount a magnetic strip on your wall or inside a cabinet to hold metal utensils such as knives and measuring spoons.

5. Use a utensil tray: A utensil tray with different compartments can help keep your utensils organized and easily accessible.

What are some ways to keep my recipes organized?

1. Use a recipe binder: Create a binder with dividers for different categories such as appetizers, main dishes, and desserts. Print out and store your favorite recipes in the appropriate section.

2. Create digital folders: If you prefer to keep your recipes online, create folders on your computer or tablet for different categories and save recipes as PDF files.

3. Make a recipe box: Write out your favorite recipes on index cards and store them in a recipe box organized by category.

4. Use a recipe app: There are many recipe apps available that allow you to save and organize your favorite recipes in one place.

5. Write notes on recipes: Keep track of any changes or modifications you make to a recipe by writing notes directly on the recipe card or in the digital file.

How can I effectively plan and track my meals for the week?

1. Make a meal planning calendar: Use a calendar to plan out your meals for the week, taking into consideration any events or busy days.

2. Keep a running grocery list: As you plan your meals, make a grocery list and add any items you need to restock in your pantry.

3. Utilize a meal planning app: There are many meal planning apps available that can help you plan and track your meals for the week.

4. Cook in batches: Save time and stay organized by cooking large batches of food and freezing individual portions for later meals.

5. Leave room for flexibility: It's okay if you need to switch up your meal plan during the week.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • mrshamel3808
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Clementine426
  • DebbieJ