• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Keeping Contacts and Phone Calls Organized

In summary, the conversation revolves around different methods and tools for keeping track of contacts and follow-up calls. Some people use Google and its features such as Gmail and Google Calendar, while others use physical binders or notebooks with monthly sections. The use of P3 is also mentioned as a way to keep track of contact information and tasks. The main goal is to have a system in place that allows for regular contact with customers without overwhelming them.
babywings76
Gold Member
I'm not that happy with the way I'm organized right now, so I'm looking for some ideas and would love to hear how you all do it.

What system do you use to keep track of your contacts? Do you take notes as you talk to them? Is it on paper or on a computer? How do you keep track of when you called, what was said, and when you will call them again?

I use Google. I have Gmail, and my phone syncs the contacts, so I can access them anywhere. There's a section where I can make notes, and I can use Google Calendar to make appointments as reminders for follow up calls.For my notes, I put in the date and what happened (in my own short hand :)). I just note what I think is pertinent, sometimes it's a novel, sometimes it's a single word.

Can you use Google with a different e-mail system or use it w/o the connection of e-mails?Does anyone use P3 for keeping track of contacts and such?

I've done a couple ways that work as long as I'm working them!

One is a binder with month seperators. Each month has about 10 sheets of blank paper. You use this paper to write down the contact information or staple the door prize slip to it. On this paper you keep track of when you called, if you left a message, if they said something in particular, etc. If you meet someone at a show who says they want to have a show in the summer then I would file them under April to start calling them then. If you don't get them or they say to call back then they would go under May and so on. This way the 1st of every month you grab your binder and make your calls starting with that.

The second way is sort of the same only simplified. It's just a regular note book that you keep notes in. Write name and number and any other info. Leave a couple spaces, draw a line and write the next one. Use the blank spaces to write in notes. If they book or say no, then write either really big so you can see it. If it gets too "busy" you can always rewrite the page later taking off anyone you have already take care of.

I am just reorganizing this procedure too. And i am using a recipe box with index cards or door prize slips depending on where the information came from. I made sections dividers based on months, so if someone says call me back in March they go right into the March spot. I also keep a monthly call log so if I am going to follow up with a 2nd or 3rd time within the month I have a list to work with and a note on v/m etc
I also keep PP3 open and key in notes on their contact information and particulary update if the status changes from potential recruit, potential host etc..

Hi Amanda-
I have a binder with divider tabs for each month and one that is 1-31. Every show or vendor fair the names from order and/or drawing slips get added to the customer care log. The log gets placed in the 1-31 dividers, approximately 14 days after the show is submitted for out of the box calls. If someone books a show, then I will fill out the host information sheet and place that in the date that I have scheduled to host coach with her/him.
Once all the calls are made from the original customer care log, I then place the log 6 months out with a reminder date(s) listed at the top (I give myself an entire week to make those follow ups). Then the process starts all over. This way I am contacting customers every six months, which means that it is a whole new season and I can talk to them about new products that are coming or have come out. You are also not overwhelming them with calls more than 2 time a year. I do have some people that want to be called every 3 months, and those go onto a customer care log that is printed on yellow.

If there is a specific follow up that needs to be done, I put that information into p3 under tasks, so that when it comes up, I have it right there.

I hope I have explained this all the way, if not feel free to ask questions!

babywings76 said:
Can you use Google with a different e-mail system or use it w/o the connection of e-mails?

Does anyone use P3 for keeping track of contacts and such?

GMail does offer POP mail, so you can use it with something like Outlook.

cookinforyou said:
I am just reorganizing this procedure too. And i am using a recipe box with index cards or door prize slips depending on where the information came from. I made sections dividers based on months, so if someone says call me back in March they go right into the March spot. I also keep a monthly call log so if I am going to follow up with a 2nd or 3rd time within the month I have a list to work with and a note on v/m etc
I also keep PP3 open and key in notes on their contact information and particulary update if the status changes from potential recruit, potential host etc..

I am going back to this method as well! It's one that I used 2 years ago and it worked out great! I am actually going back to it this week.

On the note cards I write the name and phone number(s). P3 has all other pertinent info (past call notes..etc). It makes it easy to review the info before dialing the #.

The other thing I like with Google is that when I'm on the computer, the search feature within contacts searches everything, including the Notes. I have the option of creating categories, too, but if I just write "host" somewhere for hosting leads, I can search for them and just go down the list.

I have google but I use outlook to keep track of my contacts. I also got a card filing box for 4x6 index cards for DPDS that I put in order of the month of the show or contact and I have them paper clipped together witha little post it not on the front that says suzy hostess show, and I go back through them ever three months.

I use a recipe card box (Michaels for$1) and prize drawing slips. I have used this system for over a year and it works perfectly for me. I have the slips organized into 3 sections (shows with dates, potential recruits and maybes for shows). I have the shows organized by date (next to furthest out). I can take out that stack and make all of my hostess coaching calls at one time from anywhere.

PCJenni said:
I use a recipe card box (Michaels for$1) and prize drawing slips. I have used this system for over a year and it works perfectly for me. I have the slips organized into 3 sections (shows with dates, potential recruits and maybes for shows). I have the shows organized by date (next to furthest out). I can take out that stack and make all of my hostess coaching calls at one time from anywhere.

I like that I might add that 3 section to mine as well

wadesgirl said:
I've done a couple ways that work as long as I'm working them!

One is a binder with month seperators. Each month has about 10 sheets of blank paper. You use this paper to write down the contact information or staple the door prize slip to it. On this paper you keep track of when you called, if you left a message, if they said something in particular, etc. If you meet someone at a show who says they want to have a show in the summer then I would file them under April to start calling them then. If you don't get them or they say to call back then they would go under May and so on. This way the 1st of every month you grab your binder and make your calls starting with that.

The second way is sort of the same only simplified. It's just a regular note book that you keep notes in. Write name and number and any other info. Leave a couple spaces, draw a line and write the next one. Use the blank spaces to write in notes. If they book or say no, then write either really big so you can see it. If it gets too "busy" you can always rewrite the page later taking off anyone you have already take care of.

I use this binder method as well. My DPDS get attached to a piece of notebook paper, and then into the binder. My notes are written on the paper for each time I speak with them. In that same notebook, toward the front, I also have tabs for the following: "Current show Hosts", "Current Catty Hosts", Next Month Hosts and Future hosts, for my host coaching.

I have a separate Customer Care Call binder, separated by Months as well. I run the "Show Summary Report and store put those in the binder, and then the DPDS on notebook paper goes behind the individual reports. If during a customer care call, someone shows interest in booking, I move it to that binder.

I guess I am leaning more towards a computerized way of keeping track of everything because papers seem to get out of control around me. :blushing: Plus, it seems to get confusing when a contact is someone who has attended multiple hosts' parties. They fill out a DPDS at each show. It might lead me to calling people multiple times without realizing.

babywings76 said:
I guess I am leaning more towards a computerized way of keeping track of everything because papers seem to get out of control around me. :blushing: Plus, it seems to get confusing when a contact is someone who has attended multiple hosts' parties. They fill out a DPDS at each show. It might lead me to calling people multiple times without realizing.

This is why I do what I do. I have piles and piles and piles of random papers around the house, and I don't know where anything is (it's time for a major cleaning, but it's not happening with a 5-month-old and a toddler). With Google, as I mentioned, whatever I put in the notes is searchable. That means I can put in the items they bought, and later search for that (which P3 can do, too). I can put in the hosts whose shows they've been to, and if I search with a host's name, I can get all the customers for her show.

P3 can do all of that automatically, with Google I have to do extra typing, but since it syncs with my phone, I always have everything with me. (This is why I'd love a P3 app, not necessarily to submit shows, but to sync contact info).

1. How can I keep my contacts organized?

One way to keep your contacts organized is to use a digital contact management system, such as a contact app or software. This allows you to easily add, edit, and search for contacts, as well as organize them into groups or categories.

2. What is the best way to label and categorize contacts?

The best way to label and categorize contacts is to use descriptive and consistent labels. For example, you can use labels such as "work", "personal", "family", or "friends", and then further categorize them by adding specific names or job titles.

3. How often should I update my contacts?

It is recommended to update your contacts regularly, especially when there are changes in contact information. This can be done every few months or as needed. It is also a good idea to delete any old or outdated contacts to keep your list organized.

4. How can I keep track of my phone calls and conversations with contacts?

You can keep track of your phone calls and conversations with contacts by using a call log or notes feature in your contact management system. This allows you to document important details, such as the date, time, and purpose of the call, as well as any important notes or follow-up actions.

5. Are there any tips for managing a large number of contacts?

One tip for managing a large number of contacts is to regularly review and declutter your list. You can also use search and filter functions to quickly find specific contacts, and group them into categories or tags for easier organization. Additionally, you can consider using a contact management tool that automatically updates and organizes your contacts for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jcsmilez