• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Streamline Your Checkout Process for a Better Show Experience

In summary, the expert tells us that they do this at their shows, but they try to make it better by having packets of information and a laptop set up. They tell people to bring their orders up to them one at a time, so that they can talk to them and get to know them better. They say that they have had some trouble with people getting bottlenecked in line at the ordering station, so they now stack their orders on the table and call people one at a time.
sarahsellcm
Silver Member
I do this at my show but am trying to make it better. How do you all go about checkout time?

I tell them at the end of the show that I will take orders one at a time "over there" (where ever there is it's usually not any where near the food or display table if I can help it). This way I can talk to people one on one. If someone drops and order and runs, I wait for them to come back. That's about it. I do have host packets, recruiting packets and business cards waiting along with my calendar and calculator.

I set up my laptop before the show starts so once folks are ready with their order, I'm ready too. I tell them to bring them up to the laptop and I take them, one at a time, entering the info to verify totals (most folks don't like figuring out their sales tax) and explaining the Round Up thing (I get a lot more folks to round up this way too), asking them how they liked the show and if they'd like to host one of their own. I've tried it other ways like trying to sit with each person and me moving around the room but it was exhausting and people played musical chairs... I've also just collected orders and made announcements about hosting and such and got no bookings. With the set up I tried at just one show with less than 10 folks showing, I got an order form nearly every adult there, 2 bookings and lots of praise on how things were so orderly. The best part, the orders were already entered into P3... if I didn't have a laptop though I'd set up a check out station for folks to bring their orders up to.

I have a hard time with people bottlenecking up in line at the ordering station. And I feel awkward asking everyone about booking and the business with people behind them. I heard somewhere to have guest stack their orders at the end of the table and to enjoy the food while they wait for you to call them in the order that they stacked them up. I'll be doing this at my next show.
HTH

I saw the cooking shows demo and like what she said about putting all the orders in a pile and calling people up one at a time so they could socialize.

I have yet to try this ... since most of my shows have been catty shows and not the live variety ... and at one show, the husband was watching TV in the living room when the party ended which means there was really no place I could pull the one and only guest aside ... and at the other show I was so tired I could barely think straight and the one and only customer didn't want to get off the couch ... and at the third show both guests booked book shows but neither bought ... what a wealth of experience I am ...

Related to Streamline Your Checkout Process for a Better Show Experience

What are the benefits of streamlining the checkout process for a better show experience?

Streamlining the checkout process allows for a smoother and more efficient experience for both you as the consultant and your guests. It can also help increase sales and reduce the chances of errors or delays during the checkout process.

How can I make the checkout process faster for my guests?

There are a few ways to make the checkout process faster for guests. One option is to pre-enter their information before the show, such as their name and address, to save time during checkout. Another option is to use a digital checkout system, like the Pampered Chef app, which can speed up the process and reduce the chances of mistakes.

Do I need to have all products on hand during the show to streamline the checkout process?

No, you do not need to have all products on hand during the show. In fact, it can be more efficient to only have a few key products on display and have the rest available for guests to order. This can save time during the checkout process and prevent guests from having to wait in line for certain items.

What should I do if a guest has trouble with the checkout process?

If a guest is having trouble with the checkout process, remain calm and patient. You can offer to help them complete the process or have another consultant assist them. It's also a good idea to have a backup plan, such as a manual order form, in case of technical difficulties.

How can I encourage guests to use the streamline checkout process?

There are a few ways to encourage guests to use the streamline checkout process. You can mention the benefits, such as saving time and reducing errors, during the show. It can also help to have a visual demonstration of how the process works, such as using the Pampered Chef app. Offering a small incentive, such as a discount or free gift, can also motivate guests to use the streamline checkout process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithdot
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ChefMary412
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • WendyAebi
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies