• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Streamlining Invites for May Hosts: Tips and Ideas from Everyone

In summary, the author suggests mailing invitations, doing follow-up calls, and sending a "starter pack" that includes show time planning guide, address list, self addressed stamp envelope, host letter, and catalog.
Ok I am looking for ideas from anyone and everyone. I have decided to start mailing my invites for my May hosts. This has been a long time coming for me, but after 3 cancellations at the last minute for the first 2 weeks of April I have had enough and want to mail them for them.
I need ideas on how to get the guest list and when(not all my hosts have a computer)(doesn't someone here use the invite labels from the supply order?)
How to keep it all organized so I get them in the mail on time.
How early do you mail them?
Who also does the RSVP calls and who has the host do something so she has some contact with her guests?
Also do you offer an incentive for giving you the guest list other than the cost of the postage.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I am not trying to create too much work for myself but I can't keep up with the cancellations. I am trying to juggle another job, four kids by myself while husband is gone and do 10-13 shows a month. The last one cancelled after I booked a babysitter:(
I am already struggling with getting all of the host packets in the mail and doing the host coaching so any tips to streamline this with mailing the invites would be great!!!!:D

ok, I send my hosts invitations. I use the guest list forms we order through HO paperwork supply. I also suggest I do the follow up calls before the show. In the packet I send I use a cover letter I found on this site which informs my host that this is a business for me and not a hobby. I tell her if she sends me 40 names I will give her $10 extra free product, I use PostCalls 2 days ahead of the show to record and send to the guests a prerecorded message stating "______has invited you to her PC party to be held on ___ at ____time we hope to see you at her home located at ____ and feel free to bring a friend"

I mailed all my guests invitations for her. If they didn't have a computer, I called her and she gave me the names and addresses over the phone, or mailed them to me. I liked to send my invites out at least 2 weeks prior to the show, and I did follow-up calls 2 to prior to the show as a courtesy reminder. I only had one show that ever cancelled and that was because everyone in her family including herself was deathly ill. She did reschedule and had an over $1000.00 show! :)

For the guests that had over 40 invites, I had them pay for half of the postage. I also mailed my postcard invites in a regular envelope- it looked more professional, and people don't toss envelopes as much as they toss or ignore a postcard, and I did have to trim a little bit off the end of the postcards to make it fit in the envelopes I bought in bulk from Vista Print.

Also, I put the hosts phone number for the RSVP and made little stickers that I put on the postcard to tell them to go to my website if they couldn't make it to the show. I also only made 1 trip per week to the post office, some weeks I had to go twice, but I kept a nice basket on my desk for outgoing mail, and always kept host packets made and ready to go, all I had to do was personalize them, and I could put them in the mail. I also kept about $20.00 worth of $1.00 stamps on hand at all times, in case I needed to send out a host packet and I didn't have time to run to the post office. I knew my host packets cost $4.60 to mail, so I had those stamps on hand.

I hope these ideas help.

If you go to files and type in host letter it is the one that says CO host letter. Check it out it has worked for me, thanks to the author for sharing.

Instead of taking host packets to my shows, I now take a "starter pack". It has the show time planning guide, an address list page (just a print out I found on here), self addressed stamp envelope, host letter (found that on here too) and a catalog. They get this and as soon as I get their guest list I send the rest of the host packet (more catalogs, guest specials, host special, order forms, etc. I have done a few shows this way and I do seem to like it. I had issues with getting the guest list back but I started telling them to get it back to me by X (for my show that was on Tuesday, I told them to get it to me by Saturday).

Some forms/letters/flyers I madeHere are some forms I made. Use what you can, and disregard the rest. HTH,
Kacey

I have a few more if you want some others, just be specific and I'll look to see if I have something that you would benefit from. :)

Attachments

• BENEFITS OF HOSTING A COOKING SHOW.doc
    106.5 KB · Views: 532
  • Host pacakge cover letter.doc
    94 KB · Views: 372
  • KaceyUn-Party Flyer.doc
    73 KB · Views: 339
kacey - your un-party flyer is CUUUUUTE. im saving it for a slow month. thank you for sharing!

I also send invites. The return of guest list is what I use to save their party date. In the host packet I put a self address stamped envelope. I don't ask my host to spend the money for postage. After all it's a write off for me. I offer a special gift or $$$ for sending the guest list back to me within 3 to 5 days and if they have 30 names. I use to use the guest list form from PC but it doesn't have email. I found some on Karen Phelps website that are 3 part and have phone & email. I ask that if they email their guest list that they also mail them.

I try to have the guest list back 2 weeks before their party. I can usually do invites in one night and have them in the mail the next day. They don't take long to do.

Good Luck!!

I took some time and made postcard templates for all the different postcard invites on my computer. I just change the show info and print them off. It saves time, and I have bad handwriting. I also type in the addresses and use Avery labels for the addresses. Again, my handwriting is so bad and I always mess up which makes things look even more sloppy. I don't print out the postcards or stick stamps and addresses on until the last minute in case of a cancellation or postponement. I put the host's address on as the return address so she/he gets any returned cards. I don't make calls, but I've thought about it.

Okay, Thanks for all the tips and ideas. I sent out two guest list forms tonight before I chicken out again. I have been worried about spending the extra time for the last six months, but with all the cancellations I don't think I can afford to not spend the time. Has anyone mailed invites and not liked it?

1. What is "Anyone and Everyone"?

"Anyone and Everyone" is a collection of recipes and kitchen tools designed to make cooking and meal prep easier and more enjoyable for all skill levels and dietary preferences.

2. What types of recipes are included in "Anyone and Everyone"?

The "Anyone and Everyone" collection includes a variety of recipes, including vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free options. There are also recipes for appetizers, entrees, side dishes, and desserts.

3. Can the recipes in "Anyone and Everyone" be customized?

Yes, the recipes in "Anyone and Everyone" can be customized to fit your personal taste preferences and dietary restrictions. Each recipe includes suggestions for substitutions and variations.

4. Are the kitchen tools in "Anyone and Everyone" easy to use?

Yes, the kitchen tools in "Anyone and Everyone" are designed to be user-friendly and make cooking tasks easier. They are also durable and made with high-quality materials.

5. Can I purchase "Anyone and Everyone" as a gift?

Yes, "Anyone and Everyone" can be purchased as a gift for friends or family members who love to cook or are looking to improve their cooking skills. It comes with a gift packaging option and a gift message can be included.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• otisbg
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
JessBarszcz
  • ChefLisa
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies