• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Invitations for APO/FPO Events: Tips from Consultants

Most of my hosts invite in person, so I've never really thought about sending out the invitations. It seems most hosts invite neighbors, co-workers, friends that they see on a very regular basis. Plus, I know I'd use postage (since we can't MPS for our businesses). However, the hosts I've spoken to have said that if they don't receive an invitation in return, it's not a big deal. I've really been encouraging email invites...just curious as to what other APO/FPO consultants do.
angmillar
Do you send out invites? Since overseas base communities are usually relatively small, most of my hosts invite in person, so I've never really thought about sending out the invitations. It seems most hosts invite neighbors, co-workers, friends that they see on a very regular basis.

Plus, I know I'd use postage (since we can't MPS for our businesses). But, the invitations would literally just go from one box in the post office to another box (for the most part).

BTW, I did have one host mail her invites, and they were never, ever received!!

I've really been encouraging email invites...

Just curious as to what other APO/FPO consultants do. :rolleyes:

SOFA and APO regs actually restrict us from mailing them AT ALL. Since the MPS has to handle them, paying postage is irrelevant. There is NO WAY around that rule, legally. No one here (Germany) sends ANY invitations. Too big a risk.

I should mention, I do give my hosts about 20 postcard invitations to hand out. I've also been experimenting with having them give me all the email addresses and I send the E-Invitations for them.

We (and our hosts) aren't allowed to mail invitations whether we put postage on them or not. It has to do with using military/DOD personnel (which the mail handlers are) in support of a business. Chances are the invites your host mailed were chucked at the Post Office.

There are different interpretations out there regarding the 'rules'...best to just let it be. We're blessed, at least, that TPC has direct shipping, otherwise we wouldnt be able to operate at all. (The DS companies that only ship to the host can't operate overseas since that entails APO box holders receiving and distributing products to others.) Hope that made sense...it's bedtime here...brain is fuddled. PM me if you'd like more info...though I wont be able to reply until tomorrow. :)

oops, debbi beat me to it...always one step ahead! :)

Ooooh, thanks for telling me this info ladies!! I thought it was okay to mail them "if" I used postage. I'm SO GLAD you told me different!

And, after reading your messages, it all makes perfect sense.

Wow, I will definitely not be mailing anything. It's definitely NOT worth it!

Last edited:
YES! I am very blessed with Pampered Chef that they work with us military consultants.

Pampered Chef is just WONDERFUL for that, and it's one of the reasons I became a consultant!

What is an APO/FPO event?

An APO/FPO event is an event specifically for military members and their families who are stationed overseas. It is a way for them to connect with their loved ones and feel a sense of home while being away from their home country.

How can I maximize invitations for APO/FPO events as a consultant?

As a consultant, you can maximize invitations for APO/FPO events by reaching out to military organizations, connecting with base spouses' clubs, promoting through social media, and partnering with local businesses that support the military community. You can also offer special incentives or discounts for military families.

What type of products are popular for APO/FPO events?

Products that are popular for APO/FPO events are those that are easy to transport and can withstand shipping overseas. This includes kitchen gadgets, cookware, and storage containers. It is also important to offer products that are versatile and can be used in different ways to accommodate the limited resources of military families.

How can I make the event more meaningful for military families?

To make the event more meaningful for military families, you can incorporate activities or games that involve their loved ones who are deployed. You can also have a special moment to honor and recognize the sacrifices made by military families. Additionally, offering a donation or fundraiser for a military-related charity can also add a meaningful aspect to the event.

What should I keep in mind when hosting an APO/FPO event?

When hosting an APO/FPO event, it is important to keep in mind the customs and traditions of the military community. This includes being respectful of rank and addressing military members appropriately. It is also important to be sensitive to the unique challenges and experiences of military families and to create a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere for all attendees.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hoosierchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jasonmva
  • kdangel518
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
taterbug
  • kdangel518