• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Just Received This Email From My Sunday Host

In summary, my Sunday host canceled the party she had planned for that day and wanted to reschedule for a later date. She said she had expenses that she was not expecting and that she would contact me soon to plan another date.
imported_iteachurkid
I just received this email from my Sunday host

"I am really sorry to do this but I am going to have to cancel the party I have planned for Sunday at 2:00pm. I have had little to no response and I have had some unexpected expenses that leaves me with little to no money. Maybe we can plan another time in late summer. I am very sorry. I will contact you soon to plan another date in the future"

I'm frustrated. We've talked on the phone several times, last night when I talked to her she had 4 people coming. I mailed 34 invites out for her which is almost $15 in postage. I guess I've never had someone out right cancel when I've mailed their invites. I know she said maybe we could reschedule, but then I have to mail invites again (or maybe I don't). Is it bad to ask her to do a catalog show since all of her guests have a mini catalog or ask her to reimburse me for the postage?? I don't want to come across as a b**ch but money is tight for me too. Ugh...not been a good day :(

How frustrating! Guess what, this same thing happened to me today. She cancelled the show for Sunday at 4 pm (well, I guess now I can watch the LOST finale!:)). She wanted to reschedule for a Sunday in June. I only had ONE left and truly didn't want to give it away because her guest list was less than stellar (I send out the invites too). So, I did steer my host toward a catalog show. She's doing it for May (I REALLY stressed I'd like to close it by May 31st) and I suggested if she's set on doing it for May for HWC which she really wanted to do, that if she thinks a date down the road might be better for her and her friends that she could always book off of her own catalog show and do a cooking show in the future. I was reluctant to give my host a prime weekend date in June when I'd rather give it to someone who has a chance at a bigger guest list. I had to kind of make a judgement call and truly had the gut feeling that her show isn't going to be that spectacular (even though she's in direct sales herself), so I nudged her toward the catalog show.

I don't think there's anything wrong with suggesting this to your host. Who knows, it may take a weight off her shoulders anyway and then you're not out more $$. But if she really wants to do the Cooking Show, I would maybe say you'd offer to make up her invites for her, but send them to HER to put the postage on so you're not out that money again.

Yes, this has happened but it is rare. My only advice would be...get the guests phone numbers and send out a post call or personal call to get them excited and/or a feel of it they are attending.

And...the "expenses" part always puzzles me. They really do not need to spend money and time with anything more than a drink. You could offer to pay for the food and YOU choose and inexpensive recipe.

It almost sounds like she heard a few "no's" and became afraid and unsure of herself (hmmmm...kind of like me if I hear no too many times!:rolleyes:)

And my last suggestion is...you decide if you want to pursue her or not. If she offers to call back, she probably won't. If you feel that it is worth it, ask her if she would like you to call her in the middle of the summer to see if late summer will work out better for her.

Kind of a crap shoot. And for now, I would ask her if she wants to turn it into a catalog party to try to earn back some of the postage you sent.

Let us know how it goes...and {{{{HUGS}}}}}!!!

Thanks guys...I appreciate it! Yesterday was just a bad day. My sister was in a car accident (she's ok, but her car isn't) and I was emotionally drained when I got her email last night. It was either scream or cry :) I haven't heard back from her (called and emailed) and suggested we do a catalog show since all of her guests have the mini catalog. I did get an outside order for her today so I'm hoping she'll see this and realize people are going to order. We'll see. I really want this to be a catalog show to get the postage back and then we'll see about her doing another show. On a completely different note, I had a lady call me tonight. She got my name from a past host. She wants to sell. She's been talking to her friends for the last two weeks and has 4 shows dated on her calendar and one wedding shower with another possible. She's super excited and so am I! She's coming with me to my show on Saturday and can't wait to get started. Woo hoo! Thanks again!

iteachurkid said:
On a completely different note, I had a lady call me tonight. She got my name from a past host. She wants to sell. She's been talking to her friends for the last two weeks and has 4 shows dated on her calendar and one wedding shower with another possible. She's super excited and so am I! She's coming with me to my show on Saturday and can't wait to get started. Woo hoo! Thanks again!
Congratulations!!!! That is the way to move on!:love0010:

That's awesome about the recruit lead who is obviously on fire!!

Wow....sounds like you have an awesome consultant in the making....congrats! Glad something positive came your way. Glad your sis is ok, and sorry about the car.

1. What should I do if I received an email from my Sunday host?

If you received an email from your Sunday host, it is important to respond promptly. This will help ensure that your host's questions or concerns are addressed in a timely manner.

2. What information should I include in my response to the email?

In your response to the email, be sure to include your contact information, as well as any relevant information about the party or event. This will help your host keep track of all the important details.

3. Can I make changes to my party or event after receiving the email?

Yes, you can make changes to your party or event after receiving the email. However, it is best to communicate any changes to your host as soon as possible so they can make any necessary adjustments.

4. What should I do if I have questions or concerns about the email?

If you have any questions or concerns about the email from your Sunday host, don't hesitate to reach out and ask for clarification. It's important to have clear communication to ensure a successful party or event.

5. Is there a deadline for responding to the email from my Sunday host?

While there is no set deadline for responding to the email, it is best to reply as soon as possible. This will help your host plan and prepare for the party or event more effectively. If you are unable to respond right away, be sure to communicate that with your host.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
annew
  • Inomiamenda
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • BethCooks4U