• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Changes Sunday Show: Can We Alter Plans?

everything last minute. I really wanted to have this party this weekend but it just didn't work out. It sounds like she's not too motivated to do the show and is blaming everything on her husband. She does not mention collecting orders or RSVPing. She says she tried to call everyone and that maybe she didn't call everyone but didn't mention that she sent out the invitations. She did mention that she's been trying to collect orders but that she's not too motivated. She says she's been trying to do this for a week and that it's frustrating. I would suggest that she cancel the show and rebook it.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
My host for Sunday emailed me yesterday and asked if she could change to a catalog show. Here's what she said exactly:I think I am going to need to change my show to possibily a book show? I only have/had a couple of people that were going to be able to make it and now I think they aren't going to be here either. I think everyone is just too busy on the weekends and I am personally too busy during the week. Would it be possible to change it to a book show?First off I've been trying to call her about her show. I have send out her host packet and her invites. I have invested money in this party and DO NOT want to change! Any suggestions? This really irks me, it's a week from her party! I know she possibly has not talked to EVERYBODY! I really want to have this as a kitchen show but I know it's not completely up to me.

You can ask if she's called everyone to see if they can make it. My minimum is 5 guests to make it a live show. You would think that with you having sent out the invites she would have had more of a response, but let her know that no one RSVPs for anything anymore so she needs to check with people. It sounds like she's not too motivated and not willing to put effort into calling around. It's hard to get people like that to salvage a show. Has she even collected any orders at this point? If she makes it a catalog show, sounds like she'll drag it out.

At my last show, I had (besides the host, co-host and offspring of the guests) three or four buying guests (one took home her catalog and I assume she was one of the orders submitted later.When I added those orders to those either already submitted or given to me at the party, we were at nearly $1,300.We were at $1,800 by the time we were done! NEVER underestimate the power of outside orders!I would see if she has called everyone and offer to do it for her, but stress that even if the turnout is small, you'd like to come and do a presentation to those who can attend, and collect outside orders. That will give her a deadline to work for, at least.

Actually, that's why I never do shows the last week in August. It's the end of the summer, and at least around here, EVERYONE is doing end of summer vacations, getaways, beach days, family get-togethers, etc...plus getting ready for school starting....I've NEVER had a successful show the last week in August. Besides - I'm right there with everyone else - getting everything ready for school, and going on a last vacation of the summer. :)

My show tonight (which was my own show) is the last one for me until Sept 9th!

Have a nice break, Becky. You're not making me too excited about my shows this weekend. I think there's an end of catalog hex going on.

Yes, outside orders can make all the difference. Waiting to close a $1,300 show with 7 in attendance, about $600 in sales at the show, the rest in outside orders with hopefully more to come. Was not expecting this to be a such a great show when she said she was expecting 6 people there. I state my minimum b/c I get really uncomfortable when it's just 3-4 people and unless it's right around the corner, it's not worth the drive.

Ha! I just got scolded by this host. This was part of her original reply to me: It's that my husband is playing in a baseball tournament on Saturday that I want to go to so don't want to spend the day at home cleaning. And we have some other plans that came up on Sunday that I'd like to go to. Plus, as I stated earlier, so far I have no one coming except maybe the past host.Other plans came up? She scheduled this party in the middle of last July. So I replied back that I would understand if she wants to change but to remember that this business does support my family and that if given ample time I could have rebooked the date. Well here is her reply to me...Wow! My mom used to sell for PartyLite candles and I know that it's just part of the business to have these things happen. I can honestly say I don't ever recall her "scolding" a potential customer.

It's not as if I set out to do this on purpose. Not that it's really any of your business but if you'd like to know my in-laws are having a family reunion in Albia IA that day and my mother-in-law is making me feel guilty for not going. We can just cancel the show if you'd rather.
I thought I was being polite by what I told her! I could have said some things that I thought of to say to her originally! Luckily I wasn't home and she replied back before I read the original email and said...I am up to 4 that are planning on attending. Do you think that's enough to warrant your time? I have quite a few who want to order but can't come because of kids' schedules/games.

I'm sorry if I sounded harsh earlier. I'm having a rather bad day and I think you may have gotten the brunt of it. I still have at least 6 I haven't heard from either way yet. I know past hostsaid she'd be there and my step mother-in-law but I highly doubt if they'll order anything. Nini might but not sure.
Wow, I'm almost considering just canceling this party myself. She's still putting me down (is 4 enough to warrant your time?). I had actually even told her in my first email not to worry about attendance because both of the shows she attended before had around 15 people there. I wasn't sure if she thought she had to have that many people there. I told her my average is between 5-8 people. She seems to be coming up with every excuse in the book not to have this party. I'm willing to just let her go now!

If both of you are still open to having the party, I would go ahead with it....It is always best to be in front of people, no matter the quantity. I had a kitchen show last year that there was the host and two other people that showed up...Her party was about $400. Just earlier this month, the same host who after her first party had 2 more after that ended up signing up to sell under me. She just had her first show and has 3 catalogs planned by the end of the month and will hit close to $1500 in sales. you never know who might be at this party. It is all about positive attitude, which I am sure that you have...I would just try to have the best time possible and all will fall into place. I require host to have at least 5 outside orders before the show and if they don't close the day of the show....I give a homework assignment so that they can reach their goal. If she has 4 people there, you could get some book parties or a possible recruit from a referral...I wish you luck!

Many hosts do believe that a small crowd may not be "worth it" in our eyes. I have had to coach many hosts and tell them that it's perfectly normal to have a handful of guests there and that I actually PREFER that!
It makes the show more intimate and people are able to connect with one another better (yes, I do explain that to the host).

I then tell them that no matter what, I do the same show whether there are 4 people or 20 people there...and that I treat all my hosts in the same fashion no matter how many people are there.

I bet she is feeling "less than" because she's not producing the same results (15 guests) that she had seen prior at other shows. This in turn takes some of the fire out of their belly in having a show and it's our "job" to help coax and turn them around.

I'm still willing to have the show! I'd never turn down a show, it just seems like she's giving me every excuse not to have her show (husband has softball, mysterious family reunion - come on, those are generally scheduled the same weekend year after year, etc).I did make sure she knew that any attendance at a show is a good one! I originally did try to emphasize the lower host rewards for having a catalog show too.

1. Can I change the date of my Sunday show?

Yes, you can change the date of your Sunday show as long as you notify your Pampered Chef consultant at least 2 days in advance. This will allow them to make the necessary adjustments to their schedule.

2. Can I change the time of my Sunday show?

Yes, you can change the time of your Sunday show as long as you notify your Pampered Chef consultant at least 2 days in advance. They will do their best to accommodate your request, but keep in mind that their availability may be limited on certain days and times.

3. Can I change the location of my Sunday show?

Yes, you can change the location of your Sunday show as long as you notify your Pampered Chef consultant at least 2 days in advance. They will work with you to find a new location that is convenient for both you and your guests.

4. Can I add or remove guests from my Sunday show?

Yes, you can add or remove guests from your Sunday show as long as you notify your Pampered Chef consultant at least 2 days in advance. This will allow them to adjust the amount of food and supplies needed for the show.

5. Can I cancel my Sunday show?

Yes, you can cancel your Sunday show as long as you notify your Pampered Chef consultant at least 2 days in advance. However, keep in mind that your consultant may have already purchased supplies and prepared for the show, so cancelling at the last minute may result in a cancellation fee.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefjessicah