• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can the Past Host Order an Item for the 60% Off?

In summary, if your host had bookings on her show submitted to HO, then she in theory COULD- if she hasn't used it at the other booking.I was originally told they only counted for the names listed as actually booking a show from the original party & then learned later that it's the number of bookings HO looks at, not the names. So if your past host had 2 bookings & 3 friends end up hosting shows, she can choose which of the 2 shows that she wants to apply that booking benefit. Just be careful with this - if your business is ever "audited" by
naekelsey
Gold Member
I have a past host who is buying items from someone who booked a party off of hers, BUT the "New" hosts party was not added to the old hosts information. (The new host was NOT, in anyway, going to have a party...Then changed her mind after I submitted the party)

My question is, Can the old host order one of the items for the 60% off even though this party was not added to her party?

Not if the new host's party wasn't listed as a booking when the first party was submitted.

I have had that happen and submitted and it was accepted?????? It wouldn't hurt to try!

I was told once that if there are X number of shows submitted on the Past Host's original show- say 2 bookings, then any 2 shows held which she is listed as a guest- she can be the Past Host.....
So if Mary hosts a show, and Sue and Betty book, but later Joanna and Megan books....if Mary goes to Joanna and Megan's shows and goes in as a guest- she gets the Past Host bonus. But she cannot go to Sue and Betty also and get it....she only gets TWO, since that is all that was on her original show.Does that make sense?? I do NOT know though if that is correct from a policy perspective. But the way they explained it to me (an NED), was that it's the # of bookings on her show, not WHO booked the show. So if your host had bookings on her show submitted to HO, then she in theory COULD- if she hasn't used it at the other booking.

I was originally told they only counted for the names listed as actually booking a show from the original party & then learned later that it's the number of bookings HO looks at, not the names. So if your past host had 2 bookings & 3 friends end up hosting shows, she can choose which of the 2 shows that she wants to apply that booking benefit. I've also learned that if you have an OOPS moment & forget to put in a booking, you can make the oops host a co-host on another show & enter in the oops guest on the current show with a booking date (no purchase required). Then the oops host qualifies for the booking benefit when the oops guest hosts her show. I did try that one & it worked! It's been about a year, guessing it will still work. ;)

Love the OOPS comment...LOL!! This all helps tremendously!! Thank you..

MHouting said:
I have had that happen and submitted and it was accepted?????? It wouldn't hurt to try!

Just be careful with this - if your business is ever "audited" by PC you can get in trouble for misuse of the host benefits. Otherwise consultants all over would just be giving any past host the 60% off item.

Without some digging, it may have been what Sheila was saying... Counting booking, not names... Not fully sure... ?? I've only had it happen the one time as I tell everyone 'even if you think you might, maybe,possibly some day host, let me know. I'd rather have you say yes now and not use it, than yes later and Mary won't get credit'
Yes, I get many that book & don't host a show, but it also gives me a reason to call them again. Plus I know the thought of hosting has entered their mind.

I tell them if they THINK they might be interested in hosting in the next 6 months, that they need to tell me now so that I can put the booking in under [current host]. If they do end up hosting in the next 6 months, then [current host] can get something off their host flyer at 60% off when they host their show. If I don't put them in as a booking, they can still host, but [current host] doesn't benefit too. I'm not pushy about the follow through. I tell them if they haven't hosted by month 4, that I'll send them an FYI e-mail reminding them that the 6 month mark is approaching, but that I'm not pushy & won't harass them with a (using a very whiny voice) "but you PROMISED!!!!" phone call. Then I point at the current host & say "SHE might harass you, but I won't" (and wink) They always laugh!!! (The FYI e-mail at the 4 month mark is just that ... "Dear ____, I wanted to remind you that it's been 4 months since [past host]'s show. If you host by [date], [past host] can get something off your host flyer at 60% off too. After that date, you can still host, but [past host] won't benefit from your show. If you are ready to set a date, please let me know. I'm happy to help you earn lots of items off your Pampered Chef Wish List for free and at a discount when you are ready!")

I tell the person who's thinking about hosting that we can pencil her (or him) in. I'll contact them long before that date. If, at that time, they have changed their mind, "The Pampered Chef Police will not show up at your door and force you to host a party." It lets them know that they aren't locked in. Most of those do host.

1. Can past hosts still order items at the 60% off discount?

Yes, past hosts are eligible to order items at the 60% off discount for up to one year after hosting a party.

2. How do I place an order at the 60% off discount?

To order at the 60% off discount, simply log in to your Pampered Chef account and add the desired items to your cart. The discount will automatically be applied at checkout.

3. Are there any restrictions on which items can be ordered at the 60% off discount?

The 60% off discount is only valid on select items and may vary depending on your location. You can view the eligible items on the Pampered Chef website or contact a consultant for more information.

4. Can I combine the 60% off discount with other promotions or discounts?

No, the 60% off discount cannot be combined with any other promotions or discounts.

5. Can I still earn host rewards if I order at the 60% off discount?

Yes, you can still earn host rewards on your 60% off order if the total reaches the qualifying amount for host rewards. However, the discounted items do not count towards the qualifying amount.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethCooks4U
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • sailorsarah
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sailorsarah
  • simms148