• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is This Email Request for Help a Scam?

In summary, this person received an email that they were being mugged in London and they need help getting back home. They contacted another person who is also on the email list and they are both wondering if the email was sent in hopes of getting money from those on the list.
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
I received the following email last night. I don't know this person so I assume I'm on her llist because of a director loop or lets make a deal.

Subject Need your help urgently...
Am sorry if this gets to you too urgent, it had to come in a hurry due to the urgency of our situation.
Actually,Dave and i are stuck in London and need help flying back home. we were robbed at gunpoint while on a missionary trip here in south London
It was a terrible experience .our phones,cash ,and cards were taken at gunpoint . Right now , we are kind of stranded with no money and need some assistance getting back home asap ,the authorities haven't been of much help.
Good thing we still got our passport, just don't have enough cash to get a flight back home
Please we need you to loan us some money ...promise to refund you as soon as we get back

Please get back to me and let me know
Blessings

Jill Edstrom
Independent Pampered Chef Consultant
Order 24 hours a day

I'm sorry but it seems strange to me. First, most people make round trip flight arrangements and most tickets are electronic so they should be able to get home. Second, I'm thinking that if something did happen, perhaps the thief has her computer too and is sending these in hopes of getting money from those on her email list too. It just feels wrong.

What do you all think. I'm praying for her in case this is true but not sending money.

Behind the apron because I don't want to put her name out there.

THIS IS A TOTAL SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!I have had this sent to me via Facebook with the same situation--being mugged in London.Another email loop I'm on just had this happen too. IGNORE IT!

DebbieJ said:
THIS IS A TOTAL SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had this sent to me via Facebook with the same situation--being mugged in London.

Another email loop I'm on just had this happen too.

IGNORE IT!

That's what I thought. My son said that if you replied it could result in you getting a virus. Lovely.

yes it's a total scam. It just happened to a teacher friend of mine. DON'T OPEN IT!!

I know Jill and I did get this email. I emailed her back saying her account must have been hacked...I should probably call her.

I got it too. I've heard of this scam as well, so I deleted it as quickly as I could! I just hope none of my contacts in my address book then got it, you know how those viruses can spread!

I got this via IM on facebook from a HS friend...it's a scam. Jill's acct must have been hacked.

dannyzmom said:
I got this via IM on facebook from a HS friend...it's a scam. Jill's acct must have been hacked.

Yeah, I got it through regular email, not even FB. But her signature line said Independent Pampered Chef Consultant. That sucks! I hope she doesn't have any more problems!

I got it but from someone else Almost identical e-mail though my DH said he had heard about it too.

Just called and left a message with Jill - hope her account isn't too bad off!

cmdtrgd said:
Just called and left a message with Jill - hope her account isn't too bad off!

I only know Jill via selling her something on letsmakeadeal. I was hoping someone would know her so they could contact her.

1. What is "Anyone Else Get This Email?"

"Anyone Else Get This Email?" is a common phrase used in email subject lines or the body of an email to ask if others have also received the same email. It is usually used to confirm the validity of an email or to see if there is a widespread issue with a certain email.

2. Why do I keep receiving "Anyone Else Get This Email?" emails?

If you keep receiving "Anyone Else Get This Email?" emails, it could be because the sender is trying to confirm the delivery of their email or if there has been a technical issue that caused the email to be sent multiple times. It could also be because the sender is trying to see if there has been a widespread issue with the email delivery.

3. Should I respond to "Anyone Else Get This Email?" emails?

It is not necessary to respond to "Anyone Else Get This Email?" emails unless you have a specific reason to do so. If you have not received the email in question, there is no need to respond. However, if you have received the email and are experiencing issues, you may choose to respond and confirm that you have also received the email.

4. Is it safe to click on links in "Anyone Else Get This Email?" emails?

It is generally safe to click on links in "Anyone Else Get This Email?" emails, as long as you trust the sender. However, it is always important to be cautious and make sure the email is legitimate before clicking on any links or providing any personal information.

5. How can I stop receiving "Anyone Else Get This Email?" emails?

If you no longer wish to receive "Anyone Else Get This Email?" emails, you can either unsubscribe from the sender's email list or mark the emails as spam. You can also create filters in your email account to automatically delete or route these types of emails to a separate folder.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• imported_iteachurkid
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • quiverfull7
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • Shawnna