• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

This Sounds Like a Scam Email Right?

In summary, this person is asking for a lot of money to be sent in a way that's not safe, and they're not from a reputable source.
Lilamyw3
Gold Member
I hate not to respond to messages I get from customers, but this just sounds like an outright scam. Came from a man that I've never encountered at a show before. Random gmail address:

-----------
Hi,

I would like to know if you can help me order for some pampered chef
items i needed in my new home ? having trouble shopping from your
pampered chef website. If yes please write back to me asap

----------------

Sounds like a scam right??

Absolutely.Shari in TX

Could be. Did the email come through the website or just a direct email? Some people do have a bit of trouble with the website (more of a problem before beta). If it came from the website, I'd consider it a probable scam. If not, I'd respond. If they want to order oodles of stuff, it's probably a scam.

It was not from the website but a direct email. So maybe i should respond?

I responded and this is what I got:
Hi,Thank you for the quick response,Here is the product.Product number #1785 For ----Salad & Berry Spinner 2 QTY
Product number For #3132 All White Ceramic Cookware 11" Covered Skillet 2 QTYShipping Address:Don Richard
224 Silver CreekTrail
Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27514
(770) 322-4371 Use the number to complete my order, I wish to make
this a phone order but am a deaf man, please bear with me.i want you to please place the order for me and get back to me with
the total cost of the items including shipping cost and name and
address for the Payment is by Certified check.Full Name:
Full Address Not P.O Box:
City:
State:
Zip-code:
Contact Number :But you will have the payment in hand and clear in bank before you
place and submit the order for me.Thank you.Now I'm really thinking it's a scam because they're wanting to send a check and they want my real address.

Never mind, I googled the name and address and found other posts on CS about this same guy.

I was just getting ready to tell you it was a scam. I think it's always good to check unless it's an obvious scam.

I got the exact same message from Steven Wright! On a gmail account. I just replied what kind of trouble are you having?

Got the exact same "order" from Steven Wright of Richmond IN!

I just got the same email from "Steven Wright" asking if I were "available" to order. I'm not even responding!!! So glad I checked here first. Thanks everyone!

Me too!I received this msg 2 days ago:
> On Jun 15, 2014, at 11:16 AM, Steven Wright <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to know if you are available to place order for some pampered chef items i needed in my new home? If yes kindly get back to me as soon as you can so i can email you my pampered chef item list. Thanks.
---
When I responded I would be happy to help him, he sent me this, which raised the red flag:
Here is the items needed.

2 QTY Of---- All White Ceramic Cookware 11" Covered Skillet Product number #3132
2 QTY Of ----Salad & Berry Spinner Product number #1785

Shipping Address: 63 Collins Avenue
City : Bloomfield
State : NJ
ZIP : 07003

Please kindly let me know total cost including shipping. Payment mode is by certified check. You will have payment in hand before you submit the order finally for shipping. Details listed below needed for payment to be issue out immediately once total cost as been given.

Full Address Not P.O Box:
City:
State:
Zip-code:
Contact Number :

Thank you.
----

After cking out this forum, I kindly responded that I could not accept certified cks, and long-distance orders needed to be paid for my debit/credit card.

I can't believe this crap happens! I am a new consultant, and thank goodness I had the wherewithal to investigate.

What is a "scam email"?

A scam email is a fraudulent message sent to deceive and defraud individuals by tricking them into giving away personal information or money.

How can I identify a scam email?

There are a few red flags to look out for when identifying a scam email. These include: suspicious sender email address, urgent or threatening language, requests for personal information or money, and offers that seem too good to be true.

Why should I be cautious of scam emails?

Scam emails can result in identity theft, financial loss, and other forms of fraud. It is important to be cautious and not engage with these messages to protect yourself and your personal information.

What should I do if I receive a suspicious email?

If you receive an email that you believe to be a scam, do not respond or click on any links or attachments. You can report the email to your email provider or to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at ftc.gov/complaint.

How can I protect myself from falling for a scam email?

To protect yourself from scam emails, you should be cautious of any unsolicited emails, avoid clicking on links or attachments from unknown senders, and regularly update your computer's security software. It is also important to educate yourself on common scam tactics and stay informed about current scams.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lexif424
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
MyPamperedSelf
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • Bren706