• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Consultant Business Email Address Name

In summary, Colleen said that it is important to clearly identify yourself as an independent consultant for The Pampered Chef®, and to use your full name when answering the phone or recording an answering machine or voicemail greeting. It's also important to not imply that you represent the corporate office. Linda was able to correctly identify herself and thank Colleen, and she was also able to slyly ask who she could contact to get an endorsement like the one that was in her email.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I am on one of my sister director's email mailing list. She had recently changed her email address name and it's really bugging me. Most of us in this area have our email address name something like "Linda Child, Your Pampered Chef Consultant" or someting like that. Well, this person just changed hers and it no longer displays her name, it comes across as "The Pampered Chef". To me that's a bit bold as it looks like it's coming from HO when it's really her personal business account with links to her PWS. Plus, everytime I get one I think it's from HO.

Should this bug me? I know the emails are only going to her email list (that I happen to be on). I do like getting her emails b/c I get ideas from them sometimes. She's also one of the top consultants in the company......hmmmm, maybe I should change mine too.....:rolleyes: I just feel like it looks as though the company is endorsing HER.

Yes it should bug you because we are not allowed to represent ourselves as "The Pampered Chef."Pg 21 says: Your Title/Identification
Always clearly identify yourself as an Independent
Consultant for The Pampered Chef®, rather than as
the company or one of its employees.
Use your full name, and Independent Consultant
or Independent Sales Director (or appropriate title)
for The Pampered Chef ®.
Example:
Mary Smith
Independent Sales Director for The Pampered Chef®
The same policy applies when answering the phone or
recording an answering machine or voicemail greeting.Then Pg 23 says: It’s important that Consultants represent themselves as
independent sales people and in no way imply they represent
The Pampered Chef® corporate office.

What Colleen said!

Thanks Colleen. Now I need to figure out a way to tell her w/o pissing her off and taking me off her email list. I know her well enough to bring it to her attention (but not well enough to know if it will make her mad at me) she just started using Constant Contact and has been making changes to her emails - in fact it could be an error.

I think I'll send her an email complimenting her new format and say something like "by the way, did you know that your address has the appearance that it's coming from HO? your name isn't there anymore..." How does that sound?

Okay, this is what I'm sending - how's it sound?

Hey XXX,

Your emails are looking fabulous! Are these templates from Constant Contact? I think I need to look at this some more :)

By the way, not sure if you are aware of it or not, but the email name no longer shows your name in it just “The Pampered Chef” in the ‘from display' (I hope that make sense?). Looks like they are coming from Home Office instead of you.

Linda

That's exactly how I would say it Linda. And maybe add that there has been a little of a "crack down" from HO on things like this and you'd hate to see her get in trouble... ?

I'd add something about "I don't want you to get slapped by HO...Lord knows they've been really clamping down on how we represent ourselves."

Wish I could type with a southern drawl; it'll sound much sweeter coming for you!

:), colleen, we're on the same sheet! (must have been typing at the same time)

legacypc46 said:
I'd add something about "I don't want you to get slapped by HO...Lord knows they've been really clamping down on how we represent ourselves."

Wish I could type with a southern drawl; it'll sound much sweeter coming for you!

ooohhhh that's good too! I'll add it. And I did hear a southern drawl in your typing ...LOL

I heard back from her right away. She thanked me and is taking care of it. She recently switched to using Constant Contact and this is one of the kinks she's working out. whew, I feel better now! I asked her who she knew to get an endorsment like that! I wanted one too :)

Good job Linda!

What is a Pampered Chef Consultant Business Email Address Name?

A Pampered Chef Consultant Business Email Address Name is a personalized email address that is used for all business-related communication as a consultant for the company. It typically includes the consultant's name and the company's name, such as [email protected].

How do I create a Pampered Chef Consultant Business Email Address Name?

To create a Pampered Chef Consultant Business Email Address Name, you will need to contact the Pampered Chef Home Office and request it. They will provide you with instructions on how to set it up and will also assist you with any technical issues.

Why is it important to have a Pampered Chef Consultant Business Email Address Name?

Having a Pampered Chef Consultant Business Email Address Name helps to maintain a professional image and separates your business communication from personal communication. It also allows you to easily identify and organize all business-related emails.

Can I customize my Pampered Chef Consultant Business Email Address Name?

Yes, you can customize your Pampered Chef Consultant Business Email Address Name to an extent. You can choose your preferred first and last name, as long as it is not already taken, and you can add numbers to make it more unique.

Is a Pampered Chef Consultant Business Email Address Name included in the starter kit?

No, a Pampered Chef Consultant Business Email Address Name is not included in the starter kit. However, it is recommended to have one for your business and the cost is minimal. You can contact the Home Office for assistance in setting one up.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jlouvar
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Mary Buckwalter
  • chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies