• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Respond to This Re:remove Me From Your List

In summary, the recipient of my email removed herself from my PC-related newsletters and I am not sure how to respond.
chefkathy
Last night, I sent out an email asking folks to join me in the Making Strides Walk or make a donation. I uploaded emails from my PERSONAL address book--not my PC contacts.

I got this email in response to the one I sent about joining my Making Strides team. The email I sent out said NOTHING about Pampered Chef except my team name is Pampered in Pink and at the very bottom it says "Click here to view the company page for The Pampered Chef® Independent Consultant." That's just the way ACS does it since I'm signed up with my consultant #.

Anyway, this is what I got:
I requested to be removed from your mailing list within the last month or so. Could you please confirm that my email has been removed from your list for Pampered Chef-related business mailings?

Naturally, if you ever want to email me on a personal note, I am always happy to converse and remain friends.

Cheerfully,
her name

How do I respond to this?? I'm kinda PO'd and irritated and can't think of anything nice to say at the moment. :)

That would P me O too!I get those every now and then (sometimes they are meaner!) and just respond with, "Your e-mail has been removed from my list." And that's it.

I don't understand why "friends" can't just not look at emails they don't want to read. I think it's mean and not at all friendly to say in essence "don't send me anything related to your business but send me other notes". So they still want to hear from you but don't want to know about what you do? If they don't care they don't care.

I have talked with a lot of friends and customers about my newsletters and have always said that I send the info and if something sparks their interest, great, but if not I am not expecting any response. They have all said they appreciate that. I'm sure you give that same impression.

I do have to say though that I recently removed my son from my newsletter list. He was upset with me about something that was quite unreasonable (another son stated that he's just stressed and shouldn't have said what he did and that no one else believed it). Anyway within the conversation he said that he didn't care to hear about my business and while he liked the products we have and appreciates me gifting them he would never buy them. So... I do understand your feelings on this issue.

Just bless and release.

bethcooks4u said:
Just bless and release.

But should I reply to her at all??

DebbieJ said:
But should I reply to her at all??

Maybe say "I have removed you from my list". But I wouldn't say anything else. Later on she will possibly hear of a special she is really interested in and ask you why you didn't tell her. Then you can laugh under your breath and say "well, you asked me to not send you anything business related and I respected your wishes."

That sucks, Deb! I hate those emails too, but this one would make me mad also. I'd be tempted to email her back and say something like you'd be happy to remove her name, but this isn't a Pampered Chef related event. You are walking to raise money towards erasing breast cancer, a cause you support. Confirm with her that you've removed her from your PC-related newsletters so she doesn't have to worry about getting any more newsletters, sale announcements, etc.

I don't know, maybe I'm too wordy, but I'd feel like I'd want to explain I was honoring her wishes and not emailing her PC-related news. This is different.

:confused::confused::confused:

pamperedbecky said:
I don't know, maybe I'm too wordy, but I'd feel like I'd want to explain I was honoring her wishes and not emailing her PC-related news. This is different.

:confused::confused::confused:

And that's where I'm stuck...this is someone who started as a friend and became a customer. We used to have playdates, then life got busy, she got a FT job, so we haven't done any "friends" things in a LONG time.

I guess I just feel snubbed and I don't know how to respond to that without being bitchy.

DebbieJ said:
And that's where I'm stuck...this is someone who started as a friend and became a customer. We used to have playdates, then life got busy, she got a FT job, so we haven't done any "friends" things in a LONG time.

I guess I just feel snubbed and I don't know how to respond to that without being bitchy.

Did she maybe not read the whole thing? Maybe you just say you weren't sure if she had a chance to read the whole thing, but this isn't a PC event. It's something through the ACS to support the fight against breast cancer. But then you could still offer to remove her from future updates about the walk, etc. I know-that's hard. I'd be the same way and might sound bitchy myself even when trying not to be.

How about something along the lines of,"I'm sorry you were offended by the e-mail that I sent and was quite surprised at your response... almost everyone I know has been touched by cancer in one way or another and I didn't want to exclude anyone from the opportunity to support such a wonderful cause. Sorry you don't feel that way. I'll be sure not to include you on anything like this in the future."Too bitchy?

Okay...here's what I sent:

Hi <her name>,

Yes, you have been removed from my Pampered Chef mailings.

The Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk is not a Pampered Chef event. While I am walking as part of the National Corporate Team for The Pampered Chef, I sent this email out to all my friends and family to ask them to join me in walking and raising funds for research to help find a cure for breast cancer and support programs for those who are facing a breast cancer diagnosis. It is a cause I support since I have too many friends and family members who have had to face this awful disease. Many of them have survived, but some have not, and I will be walking in their honor and memory. I hope you will be able to join us or make a donation. The walk is Sunday, October 19 at Orland Square Mall.

Hope you and your family are well!

~ deb

Was that okay?

DebbieJ said:
Okay...here's what I sent:

Hi <her name>,

Yes, you have been removed from my Pampered Chef mailings.

The Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk is not a Pampered Chef event. While I am walking as part of the National Corporate Team for The Pampered Chef, I sent this email out to all my friends and family to ask them to join me in walking and raising funds for research to help find a cure for breast cancer and support programs for those who are facing a breast cancer diagnosis. It is a cause I support since I have too many friends and family members who have had to face this awful disease. Many of them have survived, but some have not, and I will be walking in their honor and memory. I hope you will be able to join us or make a donation. The walk is Sunday, October 19 at Orland Square Mall.

Hope you and your family are well!

~ deb

Was that okay?

I think that sounds good. I liked Colleen's wording about not wanting to exclude anyone. That's a good one. I'll keep all this in mind when I send out an email incase I happen to get any responses like that from people.

Sounds good, Deb! Let us know if you hear back from her.

Sounds perfect Deb! Not bitchy at all.

Sounds great, Deb. I have to commend you both for the wording you settled on and for initially taking a deep breath and getting some ideas before responding off the cuff. Ardi

Good job Deb!!!! Very very very nice. Much nicer that I would have been! ;)

you will have to let us know if she replies to you!

love your word choice Deb

What you sent out was good. Very neutral tone and information. She can't be upset about that.

I think you handled it very maturely - more so than she did.

You did a fantastic job!! I get these on occasion too and the last one was worded..."would you quit sending me these?"

I just simply e-mailed her back that she was off my list and thanked her for letting me know. Also that if she received one by mistake in the future, please let me know.

I also keep a file of "please remove me" requests.

I so wanted to say more like have a nice freaking day you...... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:!!!! But I didn't want to stoop to her level!!

Deb, your wording was great. I don't know that I could have been as nice :) I've had those e-mails before. I had tried icontact at one point at the beginning of the year, then switched back to sending out my own newsletter, then went back to Icontact. Well at the point when I was sending my own stuff out I had a lady asked to be taken off. I took her off my e-mail list, but when I switched back to Icontact her info was still there. Man did I get an earful...she even gave me the date that she had e-mailed me originally asking to be removed and wanted to know how I ran a business when all I did was fill up people's e-mail boxes (I send 1 or 2 e-mails a month). I just replied with I apologized for any inconvience my newsletter caused her and that she was removed. I really wanted to say a whole lot more than that. Some people have quite the nerve!!

iteachurkid said:
Deb, your wording was great. I don't know that I could have been as nice :) I've had those e-mails before. I had tried icontact at one point at the beginning of the year, then switched back to sending out my own newsletter, then went back to Icontact. Well at the point when I was sending my own stuff out I had a lady asked to be taken off. I took her off my e-mail list, but when I switched back to Icontact her info was still there. Man did I get an earful...she even gave me the date that she had e-mailed me originally asking to be removed and wanted to know how I ran a business when all I did was fill up people's e-mail boxes (I send 1 or 2 e-mails a month). I just replied with I apologized for any inconvience my newsletter caused her and that she was removed. I really wanted to say a whole lot more than that. Some people have quite the nerve!!

That was very good of you to handle it that way! I would have been VERY fired up and, like you, would have wanted to say A LOT more. Good for you.

remove emailsOk I just had to reply to this.
Deb--Great Job!! I think you were not only courteous but professional as well. I would never be that good about it. I guess the situation with her being a friend before PC makes a big difference.

Here's one I got about 3 weeks ago. As a preface I only received one remove me as I keep everything and went back to check and she bought something from me 3 months ago on a catalog show. Here's what she wrote.

OMG! You are either very desperate, very stupid, or just very greedy and don't give a shit. I gave you my email addres FOUR YEARS AGO. Since then, I have asked you SEVEN times to take me off your list. I told you I had my own rep that I dealt with. But here's a tip. My rep has, since, retired and, rather than go to you, I asked her for referrals. Otherwise I would have gotten someone from the website.

I have been in customer service in various forms for the past 25 years. And "listening" and "sincere empathy" are the most important and NECESSARY skills needed in a service-based business. However, as a customer service professional and as a consumer, I have learned what is necessary to establis a relationship. And it's rarely the product.

I started a business like this and, after I made back my investment, I opted out. The reason was because I was driven by customer satisfaction, not numbers. If you did the former correctly, the latter would follow. If a customer gives you their patronage, or is a candidate to do so, you should be willing to give something back in return.

I have added your email to my block list. Possibly that will clarify my position.

Some people are crazy!

Tiffany,
Holy cow!! How thoughtful of her to take the time to write that pretty long email for something that supposedly bothered her so much - NOT. Geez, some people. I'm wondering if she thought you were some other consultant. Did you reply to her or just take her off? It would have totally pissed me off and I don't know what i would have done. Luckily I have only had people politely ask me to remove them. Let's hope I never see one of those emails because I don't know what I'd do.

Geez, I'm still shaking my head!:yuck:

cheftiffany said:
Ok I just had to reply to this.
Deb--Great Job!! I think you were not only courteous but professional as well. I would never be that good about it. I guess the situation with her being a friend before PC makes a big difference.

Here's one I got about 3 weeks ago. As a preface I only received one remove me as I keep everything and went back to check and she bought something from me 3 months ago on a catalog show. Here's what she wrote.

OMG! You are either very desperate, very stupid, or just very greedy and don't give a shit. I gave you my email addres FOUR YEARS AGO. Since then, I have asked you SEVEN times to take me off your list. I told you I had my own rep that I dealt with. But here's a tip. My rep has, since, retired and, rather than go to you, I asked her for referrals. Otherwise I would have gotten someone from the website.

I have been in customer service in various forms for the past 25 years. And "listening" and "sincere empathy" are the most important and NECESSARY skills needed in a service-based business. However, as a customer service professional and as a consumer, I have learned what is necessary to establis a relationship. And it's rarely the product.

I started a business like this and, after I made back my investment, I opted out. The reason was because I was driven by customer satisfaction, not numbers. If you did the former correctly, the latter would follow. If a customer gives you their patronage, or is a candidate to do so, you should be willing to give something back in return.

I have added your email to my block list. Possibly that will clarify my position.

Some people are crazy!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: again, I am speechelss!

WOW! She is not a happy person. Just imagine how rude she'd get if you really ticked her off. Not sure I'd do it, but I'd be so tempted to share that email with your catalog host. Next time she orders from one of your shows you should write a special thank you on her receipt.

Yes... clearly this woman has issues.And to add on to what Becky said, I'm thinking the same thing... she must think you're someone else.The reason I say this, I was making customer care calls a few weeks ago to all of my HO leads that placed orders. I called one woman and left a message saying, "Just wanted to make sure you got your order and that everything was okay with it." I left ONE message. She calls me back 2 weeks later, totally POed, saying, "My husband says that you've repeated called here about my order and I have NOT received it and I placed it at Amy's show in May!" I said that I had called ONCE to make sure she received the items she ordered online, not at a show and that I wasn't the rep who did the show so I didn't know about any of that. She immediately calmed down and said that she was thrilled with her online items and then asked what she could do about getting her other stuff and that possibly she might want to host a show of her own. HUH?So my point is, she MUST think you are someone else... this lady thought I was the consultant who did Amy's show...

finley1991 said:
Yes... clearly this woman has issues.

And to add on to what Becky said, I'm thinking the same thing... she must think you're someone else.

The reason I say this, I was making customer care calls a few weeks ago to all of my HO leads that placed orders. I called one woman and left a message saying, "Just wanted to make sure you got your order and that everything was okay with it." I left ONE message. She calls me back 2 weeks later, totally POed, saying, "My husband says that you've repeated called here about my order and I have NOT received it and I placed it at Amy's show in May!" I said that I had called ONCE to make sure she received the items she ordered online, not at a show and that I wasn't the rep who did the show so I didn't know about any of that. She immediately calmed down and said that she was thrilled with her online items and then asked what she could do about getting her other stuff and that possibly she might want to host a show of her own. HUH?

So my point is, she MUST think you are someone else... this lady thought I was the consultant who did Amy's show...

Wow!! It goes to show that in some situations it's good to clarify with them, especially if they may be mistaking you for someone else! How cool that you might get a show out of it!

First of all Deb, I'm sorry I feel your pain. I think what you sent out is completely appropriate. Good Job.

Tiffany, I knew of this email but MAN, I didin't know it went on like that! I was shaking my head the entire time reading that!

HEre's the one that I just got back late last night. To give you a little background, she asked twice to be removed ( I didn't realize that she was on my PWS CC emails.) I exported my contact list to the MSABC walk and she's on there too! I didnt' know it until I got this last night:
I really would appreciate it if you would stop sending me messages. This is my third request. I cannot even unsubscribe from this!

How do you respond to this? I was so pissed but not sure what to write.

pampmomof3 said:
First of all Deb, I'm sorry I feel your pain. I think what you sent out is completely appropriate. Good Job.

Tiffany, I knew of this email but MAN, I didin't know it went on like that! I was shaking my head the entire time reading that!

HEre's the one that I just got back late last night. To give you a little background, she asked twice to be removed ( I didn't realize that she was on my PWS CC emails.) I exported my contact list to the MSABC walk and she's on there too! I didnt' know it until I got this last night:
I really would appreciate it if you would stop sending me messages. This is my third request. I cannot even unsubscribe from this!

How do you respond to this? I was so pissed but not sure what to write.

I'd maybe just let her know you didn't do it intentionally and explain what you just said above. ???

pamperedbecky said:
I'd maybe just let her know you didn't do it intentionally and explain what you just said above. ???

Thanks Becky. I know that I was pissed with that email so I can't IMAGINE if I got Tiffany's or Debs!

Thanks for the support. She said she was blocking my emails so I deleted her info completely and walked away. I seem to be getting more (for lack of a better word) tolerant. In the past I have let things get me so upset that I couldn't function for weeks. I can't do that anymore so I totally blessed and released this one. I can't wait until I get the phone call about her needing a receipt for something. I'll have to be I'm sorry I don't have that info anymore as you asked me to lose your information.

1. Why did I receive this email about being removed from a mailing list?

The person may have previously requested to be removed from your mailing list and is following up to ensure their request was fulfilled.

2. Can you confirm that my email has been removed from your list?

The person is asking for confirmation that their email has been successfully removed from your mailing list.

3. Why is the email about a Making Strides team mentioning Pampered Chef?

The person may be confused or concerned about the mention of Pampered Chef in the email, as they were not expecting it in a message about a charity walk.

4. How do I respond to this email?

You can respond by thanking the person for their request and confirming that their email has been removed from your list. You can also clarify the mention of Pampered Chef and apologize for any confusion or frustration it may have caused.

5. What should I do if I am feeling upset or annoyed by this email?

Take a moment to calm down and collect your thoughts before responding. Remember to be professional and polite in your response, even if you are feeling irritated. If necessary, take a break and come back to the email later when you are in a more positive mindset.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
LeahMae
  • jlouvar
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Mary Buckwalter
  • noelskitchen
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies