• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Time to Change My Team: Motivating Growth & Starting New Business

In summary, Colleen is doing something different than most people and is having success with her recruitment goals.
amy07
I just realized that I REALLY need to change my Team. There is NOTHING that I can offer them that is going to motivate them to grow/start/maintain their current business. Here's how I know:

I had a past guest email me if I would be interested in doing a multiple DS show at her home. She had the time/date already set. Personally, I have not had much luck when a host has more than DS company party. However, I wasn't about to tell her no - even though I wasn't available that day(having my kid's b-day party that day). So what I did was send an email to my entire Team asking if ANY of them were available and wanted to do this show to email me and I would forward on the details and contact info. This was 3 days ago. Guess how many have responded?

one. just one person, and she is "not sure, but maybe"....:yuck: And going by my cluster calendar it's not like they are all booked up - and it wasn't too close in - it's in June!:rolleyes:

How many of us would LOVE to have shows handed to us? It's time for me to find some go-getters who also have staying power!

Some will...
Some won't...
So what?
Who's next?????
GET NEW TEAM MEMBERS!!!
:)

dannyzmom said:
Some will...
Some won't...
So what?
Who's next?????
GET NEW TEAM MEMBERS!!!
:)

Sorry Amy, I know how you feel but Carolyn summed it up pretty well!! Good Luck on getting those new team members!

amy07 said:
There is NOTHING that I can offer them that is going to motivate them

I only have 2 that take me up on anything I offer. And it's disappointing.

The ONLY thing I committed to doing this year for myself (and the team) was to do the 1 recruit a month. So far so good. My Feb recruit is a firecracker! My Jan & March (who ended up signing in April) are the special needs people so I can't really rely on them to be consistent and I knew that when they signed. My April one (who hopefully is signing today) is a former consultant of mine. One of my downline is signing someone in May and I have another downline with 2 good leads. So we will see... I have a pretty good show schedule for May and am sure I will sign someone then.

Taking it one month at a time makes it less stressful for me. In the past when I've struggled, I thought, "I need to sign 5 this month!" and never did.

You'll get there! Good luck! :)

If you can't change your people... change your people!

finley1991 said:
I only have 2 that take me up on anything I offer. And it's disappointing.

The ONLY thing I committed to doing this year for myself (and the team) was to do the 1 recruit a month. So far so good. My Feb recruit is a firecracker! My Jan & March (who ended up signing in April) are the special needs people so I can't really rely on them to be consistent and I knew that when they signed. My April one (who hopefully is signing today) is a former consultant of mine. One of my downline is signing someone in May and I have another downline with 2 good leads. So we will see... I have a pretty good show schedule for May and am sure I will sign someone then.

Taking it one month at a time makes it less stressful for me. In the past when I've struggled, I thought, "I need to sign 5 this month!" and never did.

You'll get there! Good luck! :)

Congrats Colleen! That's Fantastic!!! :D

So, Colleen what are you doing differently? I have not been doing well with recruiting this year at all, and definitely on track to lose directorship because my team isn't recruiting--so just curious--what are you doing?

I don't know if this will help or not... because I'm not really doing anything differently. All I've done is set the goal. That's it.And what's funny is that I was writing in my journal on April 15th and doing a mid-month check-up on my monthly goals and wrote that I didn't know where my 2nd April recruit was going to come from but I knew I'd have one. Thursday, a past consultant called and wants to re-sign. So for me, it's just having the goal in front of me...And having a goal that's achievable. Whenever I've set a goal to recruit 10,000 (well, not that many but you know what I mean... setting the goal too high), it never happened because I *knew* it was too high and I'd never hit it. 1 per month isn't too high... it's just one.Hope that helps a little! :)

Thanks, Colleen--you ROCK. What a simple idea.

1. How do I motivate my team to grow and start new businesses?

Motivating your team to grow and start new businesses can be done through various methods such as setting clear goals, offering incentives and recognition, providing training and support, and creating a positive and collaborative team culture.

2. How can I effectively manage and lead a team during this time of change?

Effective management and leadership during a time of change involves communicating openly and transparently, actively listening to your team's concerns and ideas, providing clear direction and expectations, and being adaptable and flexible.

3. What strategies can I use to encourage my team to take on new challenges?

Encouraging your team to take on new challenges can be done through setting achievable yet challenging goals, providing opportunities for growth and development, offering support and resources, and celebrating successes.

4. How can I foster a sense of teamwork and collaboration within my team?

Fostering teamwork and collaboration within your team can be achieved by promoting open communication and feedback, encouraging cross-functional projects and partnerships, creating a positive and inclusive team environment, and recognizing and valuing each team member's contributions.

5. What can I do to help team members who may be struggling with the changes?

To support team members who may be struggling with the changes, it is important to provide them with open and honest communication, offer resources and support, listen to their concerns and ideas, and provide opportunities for them to share their thoughts and feelings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • dannyzmom
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • cheftiffany
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies