• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Starting a Support Group: Are You Part of One? Benefits Explored

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of joining networking groups in order to build business and support among fellow members. The speaker mentions being a part of an unofficial group but unable to attend meetings due to scheduling conflicts. They are considering starting their own group in their area. Another speaker shares their experience in a networking group, mentioning the benefits and drawbacks, including drama and costs. Overall, the conversation highlights the potential benefits of networking groups, but also acknowledges the importance of finding the right group of people for a positive experience.
chefkathy
Are you a part of one? do you find it helpful?I am a member of an "unofficial" one--we are all in DS and it was organized by a woman who is with Jockey Person to Person. The problem is, I can't make it to any meetings--they meet on the same night we will be having team meetings. Not to mention it's about an hour away and in a different community.I'm thinking of starting up my own group over on my side of town.Just curious if any of you are a part of one and what you find helpful, useful, business building, etc.

I've thought about it. All the ones I have found in my area have an on-line directory for it's members - it pains me not to be able to list in it. I hope this is something that HO is working on updating and it will be announced at NC...

I was in one years ago. Don't think I would do it again. We had a vendor show that was a flop and there was more drama than content. I honestly feel that networking with my team members (up and down lines) benefit me far more than the time put into this type of networking.

Again, this was my experience and although some were professional, some were far from it. Given the right group of people, others may have a better experience.

I was in a business networking group while in PA. It wasn't cheap: @$325 annual fee, plus weekly meals....but it more than paid itself back. This was a serious (but fun) group in which everyone was expected to generate at least two referrals a month to other members. My first couple months, I didn't get much business...but then it took off. It helped that we had a good sense of camaraderie.

What is a support group?

A support group is a gathering of individuals who come together to share their experiences, challenges, and successes related to a specific topic or issue. It provides a safe and supportive space for members to connect, offer mutual support, and learn from one another.

What are the benefits of joining a support group?

Joining a support group can bring numerous benefits, including feeling less alone in your struggles, gaining different perspectives and insights, receiving emotional support and validation, learning coping strategies and skills, and building a sense of community and belonging.

What types of support groups are available?

There are various types of support groups, including in-person and online groups, general or specific topic groups (e.g., grief, addiction, chronic illness), peer-led or professionally facilitated groups, and open or closed groups. It's essential to find a group that best fits your needs and preferences.

How do I find a support group to join?

You can start by asking your doctor, therapist, or other healthcare providers for recommendations. You can also search online for local support groups or check with community centers, places of worship, or non-profit organizations. It's also helpful to reach out to others who may have similar experiences and ask if they know of any support groups.

What should I consider before starting a support group?

Before starting a support group, it's crucial to have a clear purpose and structure for the group, establish ground rules or guidelines, identify potential resources or guest speakers, and have a plan for managing conflicts or challenges that may arise. It's also essential to have a good understanding of the topic or issue the group will focus on and have the necessary time and resources to commit to facilitating the group effectively.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PampMomof3
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • KCPChef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies