• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Stay with PC or Move On? My Personal Journey and Goodbyes.

M
Mel5497
My subscription is about to expire. A part of me wants to renew just so I can keep in touch with you all, but I figure that would be cheating. :blushing:

I'm not leaving PC altogether, but, for now, I'm choosing to only do what I need to stay active. This is partly because of family priorities, partly due to the new program, and partly because my life is very full (and fulfilling) right now.

Like many of us here, my world went temporarily upside when an elderly parent became ill. Since November, there have been three unexpected hospitalizations, a month of living with us, two extended visits back home, a financial management intervention, and loads of emotional role-reversal. In addition, DH and I have been maintaining separate households this whole time (for financial reasons only.)

I managed to support my team going thru most of this, but it was easier to do (and more straight-forward) under the old program. Now there are more factors to keep track of, many of which, we have very limited, if any, control over. The new program is probably much fairer to the company, but I've watched a lot of good people struggle. I think its harder now to balance directorship with other priorities. It generates too much financial uncertainty and inconsistency, especially if one's PC income plays a major role in the family budget. [I hate not supporting HO on this, but I've tried, and I can't.]

Lastly, and this is the good part, life is, well, good now. I'm fully settled into our retirement community....and there are more things to do than I can fit into my calendar. I'm also going back to school for pastry/baking and culinary certifications. (Fortunately, the GI Bill covers my tuition and provides an additional check every month.) Most importantly, DH is coming home in a couple months. After a lot of intentional budgeting, we are almost entirely debt free (DH thinks like Dave Ramsey). PC helped us get there, and I am very grateful.

I'm also thankful for the friendships. There are people I've met thru PC (to include some of you here), who I now consider friends for the long haul. So, I didn't want to just go away without saying goodbye. You guys are truly the best. PC is lucky to have you all. I wish you great customers, fabulous hosts, and team members that totally rock.

leggy :chef:

You have been an awesome inspiration to so many and will be missed dearly.

Thanks for all you have done and I wish you the best in your future. I'm sorry you've had such a tough year but it sounds like things are fineally getting better for you.

I would love to keep in touch. I'm on facebook so if you are please look me up or send me an email once in a while!

PS: Your comments about the new program are spot on. I hope HO realizes all the great people they are losing and does something about it...

I totally understand! The plan and the timing in my life have turned things up side down too! Good luck to you in everything. I wish you the best. Please find a way to stop by, or find someone else that will call you Leggy, just so you can think of us!

I will miss you here, but I know where to find you!

pamperedlinda said:
I will miss you here, but I know where to find you!

Yup! We can track you down! ;)

We'll miss you Leggy!!!!! {{HUGS}}

Wow Kris, the only thing I can think to say is I LOVE YOU!!!! And you know I'll always call you Leggy every once in a while! I know we'll stay in touch!

Aw Leggy - I will miss you here but I know where else to find you so I am glad to not be losing you altogether. I agree with all you've said about the new career plan. I am one of those Directors who relied on my PC income as part of our monthly budget - we cannot get by without it. I don't know how long we can hang on financially with this new program and am struggling terribly. I love ya Kris - so stay in touch!!!

Kris,
I know it's been tough for you with SO many things going on. It's really too bad that PC wasn't one of the easier things to maintain through all of this. I'm right there with you in your feelings about the new program. I've seen way too many GREAT consultants struggle under this new plan.

It sounds like there is hopefully some peace in your life! I hope that continues and that the rest of this year and definitely next year (I'm personally done with 2009 and am totally ready for 2010 to get here!) is much, much better for you!!

I'm glad you popped in to say "goodbye"!

Kris, you will be missed -- please keep in touch!! I am glad that DH will soon be there with you. You are an amazing woman!

We will miss you Leggy! xoxoxo

Kris you will be missed! Thanks for all the advice and help over the last couple of years :)

Best wishes! I know you will be missed but also know that you have not made this decision lightly. God bless you leggy!

Kris, I am so blessed to have met (and slept, kinda) with you! LOL!! You will be missed. I am glad you are in a good place now. That's what really matters. Love you, honey!

Kris- you will be missed, for sure! Wishing you all the best!! :)

:(:(So sad that you are leaving us, Kris...well only on this site. You are an inspiration on many levels (not just PC). My heart goes out to you and your husband going through all that you are going through. Tough times are supposed to make us stronger, but they wear us out in the meantime!

I applaud your honesty (again in all areas) especially with the Career changes. I could ramble on about it, but it is what it is whether we like it or not.:mad::grumpy:

Keep in touch! We love you and miss you already. Stay strong, my friend and much love to you!

Thanks for lunch today!!

1) Why are you considering leaving PC?

I am considering leaving PC because my life circumstances have changed and I am no longer able to commit as much time and energy to the business as I used to. Additionally, the new program has made it more difficult for me to balance directorship with my other priorities.

2) How has your life changed since joining PC?

My life has changed in many ways since joining PC. I have been able to support my family financially, become debt-free, and make some amazing friendships. I have also been able to pursue my passion for baking and culinary arts through PC's opportunities.

3) What are your thoughts on the new program?

I believe the new program is fairer to the company, but it has made it more challenging for directors to balance their responsibilities with other priorities. It has also created financial uncertainty and inconsistency for those who rely on their PC income.

4) What are your future plans with PC?

For now, I am choosing to only do what I need to stay active in PC. However, I am not leaving PC altogether and may consider becoming more involved again in the future when my circumstances change.

5) What message do you have for your fellow PC team members?

I am incredibly grateful for the friendships I have made through PC and consider many of you to be lifelong friends. I wish you all the best in your PC journey and hope you have great customers, fabulous hosts, and team members that totally rock. Thank you for all your support and for being the best team anyone could ask for.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KarenH
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
pamela
  • Roadtripray
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies