• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Farewell Facebook: Taking a Break to Focus on My Business

In summary, Colleen is quitting Facebook and Linda is still on Facebook. Colleen is in the minority because she is addicted to FB. Linda is still going through icky stuff, but is grateful for the good.
finley1991
Today I signed off Facebook. I am going cold turkey and focusing my priorities elsewhere (like on my biz!). I will miss the updates and pics... but I will be checkin in on weekends to see what's new.

I wonder if I'll be able to do it... is there FBA (Facebook Anonymous) somewhere?

Wow.
Impressive Colleen.
Maybe I will join you at virtual F.A.
It's gutsy....not sure if I can do it...
My addiction is pretty strong...

Congrats, Colleen. Like I said, I am not a member. I couldn't possibly waste my time there and feel like I am being a productive person!

Good luck!

So far so good. One hour at a time. It's funny how I used to go there after I completed each task I would do. So pathetic when I think about it! But it's not as hard as I thought it would be!

I just know me....and I would be on it ALL THE TIME!! Ha! Ha!

I am also the Designated Driver for all my friends...it's nothing in moderation -- so I can't do it at all!

Bravo to those who can!

I am still on FB, but less so these days. I just don't have the time and frankly, I hate the new way they are doing the news feeds - I can't tell what's new and what's old that someone just posted on.

pamperedlinda said:
I am still on FB, but less so these days. I just don't have the time and frankly, I hate the new way they are doing the news feeds - I can't tell what's new and what's old that someone just posted on.

Linda, part of the reason I would log on was to see how things were going with you!!! Hope you and your family are doing okay! I pray for you all daily! {{HUGS}}

Linda, you are in my thoughts too. Hope you are taking some time to focus on you for a bit. I know it must be hard, but it is a must.

Colleen, soon you will be old and set in your ways. I am not one that is addicted to FB at all. In fact, I have to remind myself to go on for a few minutes each week. Love hearing what people are doing, but personally, I find it a big waste of time. Like I said, I am in the minority...it must be I am fermenting!!!:D

finley1991 said:
Linda, part of the reason I would log on was to see how things were going with you!!! Hope you and your family are doing okay! I pray for you all daily! {{HUGS}}

Thanks Colleen. Actually I did go in and update today. My dad was taken to the hospital this morning - turns out he is dehydrated...which totally pisses me off bc I have told the nursing staff several times that he is prone to dehydration. He will spend a few days in the hospital and then back to the nursing/rehab....maybe the same one, maybe not. They have made me mad and I'm now shopping around for alternatives.

Oh, Linda, I am so sorry. How frustrating for you. :pray:prayers for you and your Dad.

Thanks for the update Linda! I hope your dad feels better soon! {{HUGS}}

Linda - I am sorry for the icky stuff you're still going through :(
My FB account has been unaccessible all afternoon...it's probably a good thing as I got guest lists from two December hosts today so I have had time (and no FB distraction) to get their invitations done and hopefully will be able to get their host packets out in tomorrow's mail. It's a blessing in disguise LOL

1. What led you to take a break from Facebook to focus on your business?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I found that managing my business and maintaining a presence on Facebook was becoming overwhelming. I needed to prioritize my time and energy on growing my business, so I made the decision to take a break from Facebook.

2. How will you continue to connect with your customers without Facebook?

While Facebook was a great platform for connecting with my customers, I have other means of communication such as email, phone calls, and in-person interactions. I am also utilizing other social media platforms, like Instagram and Pinterest, to reach my audience.

3. Will you be permanently leaving Facebook or just taking a temporary break?

At this time, I am taking a temporary break from Facebook to focus on my business. However, I will reassess in the future and decide if permanently leaving the platform is the best decision for me and my business.

4. How will you stay updated on Pampered Chef news and events without Facebook?

Pampered Chef has a robust website and email newsletter that I can access to stay updated on company news and events. Additionally, I am still a part of my local Pampered Chef consultant group, where we share updates and support each other.

5. Will you still be posting recipes and product updates on Facebook during your break?

During my break from Facebook, I will not be posting any new content on my business page. However, I will still have a presence on other social media platforms and my website, where I will continue to share recipes and product updates with my followers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Patsyscookin
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • pchockeymom
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • cmdtrgd