• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Time to Move On? (Warning: Long With Minimal Negativity!)

In summary, Debi was considering quitting her business, but decided to stick with it and try to work harder. Her stats were bad, she was behind in commissions, and her team was floundering. She also had to deal with surgery and was depressed.
PamperedChefDebi
Silver Member
OK, I really need some advice, encouragement, something.....

Since I returned "home" last Nov, business has totally sucked. I went from monthly sales averaging a minimum of $3000 to barely meeting my monthly $1250, if that. My team had 40+ members (not all active) and now I'm down to about 15. I have lost Directorship as a result of the new requirements and a team that isn't consistent.

Personally, since Nov, I've left a not good marriage, moved from Germany to Ohio, gone from the military community to the civilian community (after 23 years in the military community), had my son move to live with his dad (first time we didn't live together EVER), met a WONDERFUL man (with two daughters living with him) who I'm now shacking up with, and had to go TAKE my son back (yeah, as in got him from school and hit the road, and yes, it was legal and I talked to the sheriff first, I never relinquished primary custody and he was begging to come back but scared to tell dad and dad wouldn't let him come see me at all).

SOOOO, it's been a very crazy year needless to say. Now, I've learned SO much this last year so overall, I know God's used it all to teach me things. But I'm beginning to wonder if it isn't time to move on from PC. I may not even earn Level 1 this year (after earning the trip both of my other 2 full years with PC). There are NO jobs here and people just can't fathom paying the price for quality stuff right now. They're barely making it! I've talked to my Sales Director at PC and she admitted I'm going to HAVE to branch out to keep things going. And I've done that. But it requires driving an hour to Columbus for networking and stuff. I don't mind that BUT now that my son is back, AND I'm going to college all afternoon every Mon, Wed, and Fri (about 40 minutes away), it's just alot. I know I'm totally slacking off because I've lost my motivation. So, do I just admit now isn't the time and walk away? I'd still LOVE to do it again in the future. I really need some good feedback. I've never seriously considered quitting before so I'm not sure this is just a phase or not.

Sorry so long! Just wanted to make all the factors influencing things clear. I welcome ANY input! Thanks!

Awww, Debi, I'm sorry to hear it's been such a struggle with your business. But it's great that your son is back!

My situation has been different, but I found myself in a similar situation. Earlier this year, I was seriously thinking about letting things slide into inactivity. My year started off horribly with having to have ligament surgery on my thumb. Cast on my arm for 2 months, another month in a splint...all with my right arm and I'm right-handed. Made my job very difficult and the bookings I DID have weren't enjoyable for me because I had to rely on the host and everyone else for EVERYTHING, even opening a dang jar!, and I'm just NOT used to having to "put other people out." So, fast forward several months to the middle of the year - my business SUCKED. I was lucky to get anywhere near $1250 and a couple months I didn't. I was used to $4000+ months too. It's sad....I had to compile some stats for the insurance company regarding my thumb injury and I am $10,000 behind in commission where I was this time last year!! How pathetic. And last year was my best year ever. This is my worst year ever. My team was floundering with the new plan. I came close to losing Directorship but didn't (as of now). I was thinking that it was going to fade away.

I was depressed too about not earning a trip this year - after earning the last FOUR trips (2 of them level 3). I kept coming back to the thought " But I LOVE PC and I love what this business has done for me" so after some thought about really wanting to put in the effort, I decided I wanted to. I think that's the big thing for you to decide - do you have your heart in it enough to do 150% because that's probably what it'll take to get your biz back to where you wanted it. Is your heart in it? Is your "WHY" still the same as it was? What are you willing to do to get it back? These are the questions I had to ask myself. I did bust my butt to get things re-built in my biz and I'm FINALLY starting to see the results (that dang 90 day rule!!). I'm so glad I did and I realized there will be no trip for me this year, so my new goal was just maintaining my directorship and getting things in gear to start off 2010 with a BANG!!

You can do it!! if you want to-that's the question. It helps to vent and now I'm at a place where I can be excited for those that ARE earning the trip. I hope you figure it out!! PC will always be here if you want to come back to it. Or just do the min. to stay around until you decide you want to light a fire under your butt. :D

Good luck1! I totally know where you're coming from. Although our situations are different, I think we've both been through losing a bit of our heart that was in PC. YOU CAN DO IT! You can get that back if you want.

I have a lot to share Debi. We've been talking all year, but I will post so everyone knows my story. I will post later. I'm running late getting my daugher ready for preschool and it's picture day!! I shouldn't get on the computer in the A.M.! LOL

Deb, I think you have had a double whammy...a life turned upside down and inside out...and the economy. I live in an area that when things are good in the rest of the US, they aren't necessarily good here. And when they are bad, they are even worse. Even with an expanding army post nearby things still aren't the greatest because the economy is effecting more and more people. My show numbers are up but sales are way down.

Congratulations on having your son with you!! About 3 years ago I hit a rough spot in life too. I was a TPC winner and was planning on earning a diamond each year. Had earned trips year after year and I work full time. Well, life changed and there are no more diamonds. Last year I earned Level One and although my team is still growing, I can not be the director I should be.

When the Career Plan hit I did see the positive sides, but I see the business side to it too from PC's prospective. My motivation was at the bottom last spring and I actually had serious doubts myself. I need the extra income so I had to decide if I was going to go "work" a crap part time job for hours on end for pennies or was I going to kick up my business. My time is much more limited than it was when I earned TPC and age has a sneeky way of catching up to you!

I decided that I was going to stay with what I really did love most of the time and that kicking my business back up was what I needed to see if I really did want to stick with it. (The Career Plan has not helped spark my motivation even though I am very close to being an AD)

Ultimately, you have to do what is in your heart. Personally, quitting it all completely and then picking it back up again is like starting over again. For me, that sounds like a real pain. If you feel you want to grow sometime with this in the future, then try to hang onto what you can for now and when the time is right, kick it back up into high gear. Again, that is only from my prospective and it has to come from your heart.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
to you for surviving what sounds like a tremedously rough year. Hats off to you for staying strong.

Our stories are all different but so much the same.

Mine is 2 surgeries in just over 2 weeks, cancer (gone now and with no chemo) and another major surgery pending in December (knee replacement) that will definitely affect my ability to do this job for a few months, hence the December date choice. I had decent sales through now but have very little VERY LITTLE on my schedule for November & December. By now I have January booked too and nothing is there right now. I have called and called and offered incentives but no takers. I have doubts I'll make the $750 in either month let alone the $1250 that is my personal minimum allowed. My team is doing well. I too am very close to AD and have kept the Director title even though I have been paid as TL a few times in there. My team has grown some.

It's all very discouraging and I have considered letting it all go and wondered if now is the time for that but I have decided that if I don't have the sales to keep it up I will at least have the sales to keep me active, keep my lifetime total and keep my team. When I am up to it I can kick it all back into gear and if it doesn't happen then I can reevaluate. Right now I just have to give myself a break and do what I can do.

My prayers are with everyone as the struggles in lives and businesses are worked through. Some will decide to go onto other things and that's okay. That's they way things are supposed to be. Others will struggle for a bit and then succeed beyond the dreams. We will each choose the path that is right for ourselves. I am so grateful for this place to be able to say all these things to people who care and who understand. Thank you all!

Once again, Beth, so well put. It is great to have a place to talk about it as you said. I think I will keep my own struggles for now!! Can you have a "join me in physical therapy" party when you have your knee done?? My Dad and then my brother had both knees done at the same time :sick::bugeye::yuck:...hope my knees continue to behave!!

I feel for everyone here. I am trying, I really am.

I am making my calls and putting in my time...I am working it as best I can. Just got HO Leads back this month. Already have $140 in orders from that -- it will help me to keep the $1250 in sales. I had a show today that is at $233 and one that just closed at $440 (last year her show was over $800). It's getting rough, that's for sure!

I will also not make sales anywhere close to last year, and this is the first time in my 4 years I won't earn a trip, too. I guess I am lucky that I am still getting paid as a Director (TG for the little things!).

I am just so tired. I am putting so much into this. Trying to stay positive, too. HELP! I am drowning in my own self-pity!!

Janice, I feel so bad for you because I was really where you are...last spring. My self pity was like a cancer and I let it control my business. I just have to keep telling myself that I can do this, it is not easy, I will not do everything the "right" way, but just do it and it will start to become a little easier. And it did work, however, I have to keep reminding myself of this when I do feel that little "gremlin" start again.

So here is a little something for you..

PSSSSSSST!!

That is little "Anti-Pesimistic" spray from WAHOO woman!!:D

I'm still uncertain what the right thing is but I'm TRYING to hang in there until I am sure. This past year has been something else, indeed!!! And I know everything has happened for a reason (His reasons). I do think things are slowing down now and a new normal is being established so now is not the time to make the decision, I think. LOL! I definitely don't regret this past year. I have learned SOOOO much. And God really did some things in my life this past year. I'm trying desperately to HEAR what He is saying to me. And I guess since I'm uncertain, that means I haven't heard Him yet.Thanks for the advice and input though. Can I say, I really miss the days when this board was way more active. :-(

Deb, I think everyone is like us -- trying to work it harder!

And I am staying focused, I have an incredible group of consultants who are working and so I am also leading by example...it's just nice to vent to a group who can support!

1. Is it normal to feel unsure about moving on from a job?

Yes, it is completely normal to feel unsure about moving on from a job. It can be a big decision and it is important to carefully consider your options before making a decision.

2. How do I know if it is time to move on from my current job?

There are a few signs that may indicate it is time to move on from your current job. These can include feeling unfulfilled, lack of growth opportunities, toxic work environment, and not aligning with your values and goals.

3. What steps should I take before making a decision to move on?

Before making a decision to move on, it is important to evaluate your current job and determine what aspects are causing you to consider leaving. You should also research potential new job opportunities and consider the potential impact on your career and personal life.

4. How do I handle leaving a job on good terms?

When leaving a job, it is important to communicate openly and honestly with your employer. Give them a proper notice and offer to help with the transition process. Express your gratitude for the opportunities and experiences you had while working there.

5. What are some potential risks of staying in a job for too long?

Staying in a job for too long can lead to feeling stagnant and unfulfilled. It can also limit your career growth and potential opportunities. Additionally, it can negatively impact your mental and emotional well-being if you are not satisfied with your job.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kevin Ranoldo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
PamperedChefDebi
  • Deborah Marshall
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies