• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Life Updates: Refocusing Priorities and Dad's Health Journey

In summary, Jennifer is a Director that is now focusing on promoting her business instead of managing it. She has 13 shows booked for January and is determined to earn level 2 to Disney World. She is also motivated by the double points offered by PC.
pamela
Hi to all! I haven't been on here or CS in ages as I have just had to really refocus my priorities and spending time on the computer ranked down on the list!

I wanted to let you all know how things have been going both PC and life wise~you have all been so supportive of me this past year!

My Dad has NO lymphoma (God truly answers prayers) but does have a golf-ball sized tumor in his liver that we are addressing right now. He has had 2 liver biopsies and is being treated with radiation therapy~the outlook is unknown.
I am no longer a Director~amazingly enough, I am OK with that. I got really tired of struggling with the team to make my goals, so now, I am the only one I have to worry about and it feels pretty good. HOWEVER~I intend to promote again in 2009! I love the benefits of Director and want to focus on helping others have what I have!
So, with these 2 big things going on in my world, I have learned afew lessons~I cannot control what I thought I could and there is no point trying AND my business is FUN and needs to be worked by me so that I can continue to have this FUN job and not go back the the hateful stressful one I left almost 2 years ago!
In light of these epiphanies, I got on the phone (imagine that!) and I now have 13 shows (Cooking, not catalog) for January! I am host coaching like crazy and am determined to earn at least level 2 to Disney World! I still have about 5-7 people that want to do January shows, but won't commit to a date right now~I will be calling them over the weekend! Who knows how many more shows I could wind up with before Christmas~!
I will continue to pop in and glean wisdom from you fine bunch of women~feel free to email me if there is any earth shattering news you think I need to hear!
Much love to you all!

Holy cow!!! 13 shows in January!!?? That's awesome! Good for you for finding what YOU want out of your business and being happy with that. That's great! Great news about your dad not having lymphoma - I hope his treatment for the tumor is successful!!

Thanks for popping in! And way to prioritize by not getting on the computer as much. I should do the same.:blushing:

That's all GREAT news@!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Thanks for posting Meg (I was just thinking about you yesterday!). Your postive spirit is amazing and just jumps out from your post. Congratulations on finding a place in your business you're happy with. And 13 cooking shows...holy smokes, batman! That's awesome!

Miss you!

Wow Meg, I'm so in awe!! You rock! 13 January shows?!?!?! I don't even have one...I need some of your energy over here. I'm so glad you posted. I've been wondering how you were doing. I can't wait for our meeting in January!!

:)
Jennifer

Meg, I'm glad to hear your dad doesn't have lymphoma!! I am also glad to hear that although you lost your Directorship you plan on re-promoting. Many times people get down and give up altogether. Way to go!! Congratulations on booking 13 for January!! We'll be in Disney together. I've got 8 right now and want 12 more!

You can do it Jennifer!! Pick up that phone! If you aren't doing it neither is your team, then where will you be?

go meg-i am at 13 too---getting guest list in each day!!! I miss ya!!

Meg & Morfia, you both inspire me to get on the phone. Any suggestions on word selections or any help you can offer to someone who is behind in this area??

I also know that for TPC I can achieve Balanced Business on 2 levels...the recruiting level has been horrible for me this year. I need to recruit and qualify 11 before the end of May!!!:bugeye::eek::cry: Last year I recruited 5 but only 2 qualified:cry::cry:

Not sure if I can acheive all that needs to be done while working full time, but I guess if I don't get my arss in gear I won't get even close! I do have 2 and possibly 3 ready to sign by the end of December...now to get them qualified!!

Wish me luck and the energy to do it and get them qualified!!:chef:

All I can say is that I am very motivated by the double points! I have been telling everyone I talk to that PC is giving me every opportunity to earn this trip and every opportunity for our hosts in January to get as much product as theycan stand! i make it sound like a win-win situation (which it is!) and I am finding that people really want to help me earn disney!

I have to Ditto that Meg. Whether people want to hear about it or not I'm sharing the Disney thing. It has revved up my team and inspired some potential recruits to go ahead and sign now to make the most of January.

the other thing that is helping me in talking to potentials right now is the extension of the "first 30 day" promotion~they can sign right now and not have to do a thing but book those shows and get ready for them in January!

1. How can I prioritize my life and stay organized while also taking care of my dad's health needs?

One way to prioritize your life and stay organized while also taking care of your dad's health needs is to create a daily or weekly schedule. Make a list of all the tasks and responsibilities you have and assign specific times for each one. This will help you stay on track and ensure that you have enough time to take care of your dad's health needs as well.

2. How can I support my dad's health journey without feeling overwhelmed?

It's important to remember that you cannot do everything on your own. Reach out to other family members or friends for support and help. You can also consider hiring a caregiver or utilizing respite care services to give yourself a break and avoid feeling overwhelmed.

3. How do I balance my own personal goals and taking care of my dad at the same time?

It's important to prioritize your own personal goals and self-care while also taking care of your dad. Make sure to schedule in time for yourself, whether it's for exercise, hobbies, or relaxation. Communicate with your family and friends about your needs and ask for their support in achieving your personal goals.

4. What are some healthy ways to cope with the challenges of caring for a loved one with health issues?

Some healthy ways to cope with the challenges of caring for a loved one with health issues include seeking support from a therapist or support group, practicing self-care, setting boundaries and saying no when needed, and finding ways to reduce stress, such as through exercise or meditation.

5. How can I stay positive and maintain a sense of hope during difficult times?

One way to stay positive and maintain a sense of hope during difficult times is to focus on the present moment and find gratitude in small things. It's also important to take care of your physical and emotional well-being, as this can help increase your resilience. Seek support from loved ones and remember to be patient with yourself as you navigate through challenging situations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefLisa
  • PamperedChefDebi
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • BethCooks4U
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies