• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Keeping by Business Afloat While I'm Away

In summary, the conversation discussed the need for ideas to keep a business running while the owner is away in China for three weeks. Suggestions included a contest, $1000 mystery host catalog show, online catalog show, and keeping the team motivated with a challenge or booking blitz. Other ideas included a Pamper YOU Mega Show and a Gold Party with a massage therapist. The speaker also mentioned planning ahead for shows during a separate absence in August and September.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I need ideas to keep my business going while I'm in China this summer. I'll be away for @ 3 weeks and I need some ideas for sales, shows, bookings and keeping my team motivated.

I will be in town the first week of July (the 4th is my only inhibitor here) and the last few days of the month - so I can do shows then. My concern is also getting bookings for August. Any ideas?? I thought of having a contest, but haven't been successful with one of those for hosts in the past. I also thought about the $1000 Mystery Host Catalog show - I only did it once and it was sort of successful.

Should I do an on-line catalog show of my own?

I rarely get bookings from catalog shows, so I'd love an idea on getting my catty host to book me a show.

Also, what ideas do you have for keeping my team motivated? Another contest? I have lots of product so I do have prizes that I can use.

Any other ideas?

thanks!

I think a contest is a good idea and starting NOW to gather enough hosts for a $1000 mystery host catalog show is a good idea too. At the very least, I would set up a catalog show in your name online and let people know in your newsletter that you're going to be away for much of July and you want to keep your business chugging along. You can just let them know that if they've been needing to order anything, this would be a great time to do it.

Our cluster is doing a "Bookin', Cookin' and Get Them Lookin'" challenge where we award points for various things: cooking show bookings, catalog show bookings, following up with recruit leads, recruiting interviews and actually signing recruits. Our teams (I partner with another director to do meetings) LOVE challenges and get quite competitive. So if your team enjoys these, it might be fun to do while you're gone. Also, is there anyone on your team who would maybe be willing to lead a booking blitz while you're gone? Someone might feel important if they've been asked to lead something like this.

I will be unable to do shows for about 6 weeks later in the summer (second week of August - last week of September) so this is my plan:

I am booking as much as I can in that first week fo August (nothing yet though :cry: ) and then at the end of September (already have 3 there from past hosts and people who want to wait for school to be back in). I plan to keep in touch with the September people to keep those bookings.

In August I will do a "catalog" mystery host show. I plan to try to find 20 people to commit to $100 in sales and if I can get close I'll make that 2 shows so I can give more away.

In September I plan to do a Pamper YOU Mega Show at my house. I will try to get as many people to bring $150+ in orders and/or 5+ guests and do all the shows in one demo. The draw will be that the door prizes will be bigger, new catalog and I'll have a massage therapist here (she volunteered). The hosts get a guaranteed massage and if she has time the biggest orderers go next. I am also considering having a Gold Party at the same event (so people have more cash).

I am looking forward to other suggestions on this thread too! Thanks

pamperedbecky said:
I think a contest is a good idea and starting NOW to gather enough hosts for a $1000 mystery host catalog show is a good idea too. At the very least, I would set up a catalog show in your name online and let people know in your newsletter that you're going to be away for much of July and you want to keep your business chugging along. You can just let them know that if they've been needing to order anything, this would be a great time to do it.

Our cluster is doing a "Bookin', Cookin' and Get Them Lookin'" challenge where we award points for various things: cooking show bookings, catalog show bookings, following up with recruit leads, recruiting interviews and actually signing recruits. Our teams (I partner with another director to do meetings) LOVE challenges and get quite competitive. So if your team enjoys these, it might be fun to do while you're gone. Also, is there anyone on your team who would maybe be willing to lead a booking blitz while you're gone? Someone might feel important if they've been asked to lead something like this.

Becky do you have a flyer for this idea???? It sounds like something FUN to do during the summer!!

what about dollar days???
just change it to what you need & maybe put some really good products on the flyer??
you could do other incentives for catalog shows.

What about a MEGA show when you get back?? then you're only out 1 night w/multiple hosts??

Thanks every one! Keep the ideas coming.

I also forgot to mention that I will be mostly unreachable too. It is a 12-13 hour time difference. We are thinking about buying a netbook to take with us though. I know that I won't have much time to do any real work while I'm there though.

pamperedlinda said:
Thanks every one! Keep the ideas coming.

I also forgot to mention that I will be mostly unreachable too. It is a 12-13 hour time difference. We are thinking about buying a netbook to take with us though. I know that I won't have much time to do any real work while I'm there though.

I just bought TWO netbooks for the kids, but they don't know it yet. They were under $300 each! I've heard great things about them. Free shipping through Amazon.

annew said:
Becky do you have a flyer for this idea???? It sounds like something FUN to do during the summer!!

For the challenge? Or for something else? No flyer because we announced it at a cluster meeting. I'll try to find the email that summarized it for the team.

pamperedbecky said:
For the challenge? Or for something else? No flyer because we announced it at a cluster meeting. I'll try to find the email that summarized it for the team.

Sorry...it's still early :)
yes for the challenge!

Linda--I am so jealous that you get to go to China.....

Nanisu said:
Linda--I am so jealous that you get to go to China.....

I'm looking forward to it. It will be a fun trip! I just hate it that it is scheduled during NC - puts a little bit of a damper on it for me :(

I tell my catalog hosts that if their show generates a cooking show booking, I'll give them an additional 10% discount on everything they order at their friend's show (so with their PHD they get 20% off). This works for me about 50% of the time.

As for netbooks, they are great, great, great for traveling (using one now while overseas). The only downside is they have very limited memory. I initially tried loading MS Office on here and my system ran like molasses. Now I only have P3 loaded (plus acrobat and java for reading documents and such).

I tell my catalog hosts that they will get the discount they earn on their show on their order on any show they get for me.

PC gives them 10% and I give them 5-20% depending on the sales on the original show. It's usually 10% that I give them.

This has worked well for me!

What are some tips for keeping my business afloat while I'm away?

1. Plan ahead: Make sure to have a detailed plan in place for how your business will be managed while you're away. This can include delegating tasks to employees or hiring a temporary manager.

2. Communicate with customers: Let your customers know that you'll be away and provide them with any necessary information, such as who to contact in case of an emergency.

3. Automate processes: Utilize technology to automate tasks and keep things running smoothly while you're away. This can include setting up automatic email responses or using scheduling tools for social media posts.

4. Stay organized: Before leaving, make sure all important documents and information are easily accessible for those who will be managing the business in your absence.

5. Have a contingency plan: Despite your best efforts, unexpected situations can arise. Have a backup plan in place in case of emergencies or unforeseen changes to your original plan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • Ann
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Gagescorpages
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies