• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Sales with a Last-Minute Candy Aisle at Checkout - SEO-Friendly Tip

In summary, This is a great idea to add last minute products to a customer's order. You can keep a basket (or tool turn about) of items that cost $10 and under right near you and the customer while doing checkout. They can browse through them while you're tallying up their order and sometimes they will show interest in an item and you can say, "Oh, that item only costs $___ and is such a great addition to your kitchen!" or "You're only $___ away from getting the guest special this month for free! You could add any of these items to your list to take advantage of the guest special!"
deanna_g
Some of you may do this already, but I hadn't really heard this idea until conference this year. I'm going to start doing this.

Basically, it's used as a tool to add last minute products to a customer's order, especially if that customer is $5-10 away from receiving the monthly guest special. You keep a basket (or tool turn about) of items that cost $10 and under right near you and the customer while doing checkout. They can browse through them while you're tallying up their order and sometimes they will show interest in an item and you can say, "Oh, that item only costs $___ and is such a great addition to your kitchen!" or "You're only $___ away from getting the guest special this month for free! You could add any of these items to your list to take advantage of the guest special!" Basically, it's the "candy aisle" of the grocery store where you check out and always pick up that pack of gum or that travel size container of hand sanitizer before checking out. You know what I'm talking about...we all do it!

Like I said, perhaps this has been mentioned here before or maybe you already do it, but if not, I'd highly suggest it! What a great way to boost sales!

I love it too. I heard this at the Top Seller Show How class at conference and will definitely be adding this to my full service check out.

Great Idea!I was at the Bubba Gump restaurant's gift shop. When I was checking out, the cashier was "upselling" a few products behind him. THey were some extra ballcaps and license plates for $6.99....I know the license plates were normally $8.99...so only a $2 savings. It was available if you purchased $25 or more, but he offered it to me with my sale only at $18. I fell for it and bought another license plate which I liked.Just think how often we are "upsold" to all the time and we buy. :)

An alternative if they're close to $60 is to ask what else is on their wish list. Don't limit them! People often add $20 items, not just the $10 items. I had someone add the APCS once!

I love this idea, but (don't want to admit), don't know prices on all... do you add a price tag to each??? LOVE this idea!!! Carol

I'm definately going to do this! I had a lot of people at my very first show that wanted to make sure they go to $60 so that would be great for them to just browse through some of the items.

mom4angela said:
I love this idea, but (don't want to admit), don't know prices on all... do you add a price tag to each??? LOVE this idea!!! Carol

You might add a price tag to each, but most of us take things to our show that we use in our kitchen -- not everyone has duplicates. If you did that, you'd be adding and removing price tags for each show, which would be a shame.

A better solution? Learn the prices of the items you want to put there. Study! (I'm such a teacher)

Or place a sticker on them with the item # & the price. I was in this class & thought it was a great idea too:)!
Julie

mom4angela said:

Nope! I'd never go to all that trouble. You could just keep a handy list of all the items you have in your "candy aisle" handy with you at checkout if you don't want to bother learning them all. The important thing, in my mind, is to have all those items that are $__ or under. I'd go with $10 or under or something similar. Or even encourage those people who are a few dollars away from that $60 mark to pick up a few "Season's Best" to keep on hand and use for gifts. Or even use those as greeting cards! How many of us spend more than $1 on a greeting card? I know I do! I've given away several Season's Best cookbooks as greeting cards and just write on or inside the cover as the greeting! That's one greeting card they won't throw away!

deanna_g said:
Or even encourage those people who are a few dollars away from that $60 mark to pick up a few "Season's Best" to keep on hand and use for gifts. Or even use those as greeting cards! How many of us spend more than $1 on a greeting card? I know I do! I've given away several Season's Best cookbooks as greeting cards and just write on or inside the cover as the greeting! That's one greeting card they won't throw away!

What a GREAT idea!!

Thanks! I get those every now and then. (-;

esavvymom said:
Great Idea!

I was at the Bubba Gump restaurant's gift shop. When I was checking out, the cashier was "upselling" a few products behind him. THey were some extra ballcaps and license plates for $6.99....I know the license plates were normally $8.99...so only a $2 savings. It was available if you purchased $25 or more, but he offered it to me with my sale only at $18. I fell for it and bought another license plate which I liked.

Just think how often we are "upsold" to all the time and we buy. :)

I DID THE SAME THING AT BUBBA GUMPS. I bought a tee-shirt, and the girl at the counter said, oh when you purchase a t-shirt you are eligible to receive this $18 baseball cap for only $6. Of course I bought it. The very funny part is, I don't know ANYONE who even WEARS baseball caps. My family is still laughing at me!!!

1. What is the "Candy Aisle at Checkout" program?

The "Candy Aisle at Checkout" program is a partnership between Pampered Chef and various grocery stores. It allows customers to purchase Pampered Chef products at the checkout lane while they are doing their regular grocery shopping.

2. Can I use my Pampered Chef coupons at the Candy Aisle?

Yes, you can use your Pampered Chef coupons at the Candy Aisle. Simply present your coupon to the cashier when you check out and they will apply the discount to your purchase.

3. Are all Pampered Chef products available in the Candy Aisle?

No, not all Pampered Chef products are available in the Candy Aisle. The selection may vary depending on the grocery store and their partnership with Pampered Chef. However, you can always find a wide range of popular and best-selling products in the Candy Aisle.

4. Do I need to be a Pampered Chef consultant to purchase items from the Candy Aisle?

No, you do not need to be a Pampered Chef consultant to purchase items from the Candy Aisle. It is open to all customers who are shopping at the participating grocery stores.

5. Can I return or exchange items purchased from the Candy Aisle?

Yes, you can return or exchange items purchased from the Candy Aisle, just like any other Pampered Chef products. Simply follow the return/exchange policy of the grocery store where you made the purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • ahammons
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ahammons
  • Nep2nfly
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies